Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Alphus - Yet another forum game - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alphus - Yet another forum game

Starting weapons that come with the ship don't take up any weapon slots, & they're free. Why do you think it's dumb that we can't sell them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

Because you didn't mention that. I thought they took up a slot.

Its Dumb Because With a Frigate your screwedyou can fire only 1 weapon type a turn and frigate starts with plasma cannon and missile launcher ( 2 different types ) thus even with the added hull its useless vs the starting 2 plasmas :/
    and your right i did bad math *pokes eye out*

-frigate
    +400
    Now for weapons
    *buys 8 fighters*
    450 left
    *buys 9 lasers*
    *puts 1 laser on the frigate and 1 on each of the fighters*
    All Fighters:
    2 Lasers
    Frigate:
    1 Laser

Elevation of Asteroid 1 (Top Left): 3
    Elevation of Asteroid 2 (Bottom Left): 6
    Elevation of Asteroid 3 (Bottom Right): 2
    JYAP's Elevation: 4
    Half's Flagship Elevation: 3
    Half's Fighter1 Elevation: 7
    Half's Fighter2 Elevation: 4
    Half's Fighter3 Elevation: 4
    Half's Fighter4 Elevation: 3
    Half's Fighter5 Elevation: 6
    Half's Fighter6 Elevation: 5
    Half's Fighter7 Elevation: 4
    Half's Fighter8 Elevation: 4

Toss's Elevation: 4
    Elevation Cap: 7

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][N][N][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][J][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF][HF][HF][HF][HF]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF][HF][HF][HF][H][HF]

and now the moves
    [ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][N][N][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF5][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][J+HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][][][H][ ]
    Every fighter fires at JYAP
    16 Lasers 48 Damage Each ship gains 2 heat
    JYAP Armor = 0
    JYAP HP = 51
    JYAP ur turn ^^
    Last edited by Halfwingseen; 07-30-2006 at 12:53 PM.

The lasers and fighters were official? Whatever.

I fire on the frigate. If I can't reach,I move within the longest range possible and use every weapon on Halfwing. 98 damage. Now shut up.

*looks at jyaps move points and corrects his movements* if jyap moves as close as he can the map looks like this
    [ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 2][ 1][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 3][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 4][5 ][ 6][ J][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][H][ ]
    JYAP is 6 squares form me ( including height )
    Thus protoss move ( ur move doesnt really matter but nxt turn i blow up jyaps ship if he moves there

Actually, Halfwing, I stated in the rulebook that if you have 2 or more of the same weapon, you can fire all weapons of the said name. Since the Frigate has a bunch of weapon slots, there's room for a bunch of the same weapon, not to mention chassis upgrades.

Note: I found that I needed to name my ship; it will be the Krull Kullen.

[][][][][][][][N][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    [][][][A][][][N][N][N][][][][][HF5][][][][][][]
    [][][P][][][][][][N][N][][HF1][][][][HF3][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][HF4][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][][][][][]
    [][][][][][A][][][][][][][][J][][][][][][]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][HF2][][][][][][H][]

$50 for each weapon/etc for each weapon will be given to both of you at the end of the round. As well, the winner gets $500 at the end of the round. Noting that, all players will gain $250 for each ship they destroy in combat, including Starbird Pirates.

There seems to be a lot of this that I didn't mention. I'm hoping for this to be the last of them. Don't worry, most will be in your favor.

Weapon Approvals:

Explosive Cargo: Hmm. Put this on a lot of fighters and watch the fireworks. Approved.

Laser Hull: Approved.

Reinforced Hull: Approved.

Mining Laser: What I don't like is the $1 reward you get for blowing up an asteroid with it. Money doesn't grow on trees nor asteroids, right? At any rate, semi-approved. Maybe I'll make it so the $1-per-asteroid reward comes at the end of the round.

Mining Upgrade: OVERPOWERED. I'll nerf it. Semi-Approved.

Large Mining Laser: ACK! Needs to be nerfed. Disapproved.

Pulse Laser: Looks good to me. The only thing is, since every damage done to Armor counts as 1 to HP, it would be as if the ship had no armor. Approved.
    Last edited by Protoss119; 07-30-2006 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][J+N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
    [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][][][H][ ]

Retreat...

Weapon Ideas while waiting for toss to move

AutoCannon(plasma): Fires 1 plasma burst at all ships in range automatically ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire) range: see plasma cannon Damage: see plasma Cannon Heat: see plasma Cannon Price $100

AutoCannon(Laser) Fires a laser at all nearby ships in range auto ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire ) range: see laser Damage: see laser Heat: see laser Price $200

AutoCannon(Mining) fires a mining Laser at all nearby Ships in range ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire ) range : see mining laser damage see mining laser heat see mining laser ( takes up twice a smuch room as a mining laser ) Prise: $75

EchoCannon: Fires a Burst of Sonic Energy Damage: 30 ( that ship takes 5 damage(per echocannon) on its next turn as an Echo ) Range: 3 Heat: 5 Cooldown:2 Price $300

Black Hole Generator: Creates a black hole that prevents all weapons from working the the projectile ( or light beam ) comes within 1 square of the blackhole also any ship caught in it may no longer move and takes 5 Damage a second ( black hole lasts until the users next turn ) Cooldown 5 heat: 30 Range: 3 Price $500

Asteroid Shield: ( creates a large Asteroid Around target ( may be self ) That target Cannot Move and if the Asteroid is killed ( except by mining laser or from inside ) the ships armor takes 20 damage All damage is done to the asteroid not the ship within Lasts: until killed
    Cooldown 4 Turns ( weapons inide the asteroid may not target anythign ooutside the asteroid ( except Generators and shields ) ( thus you can asteroid yourself and another at the same time ) Heat: 15 Price $500

Void Generators: Bends space dealing 40 damage to target space and 20 to each space to the top/left/right/bottom of the target area (fires 4 squares awya in each direction) ( affects all hieghts )Cooldown: 5 turns Heat: -20 ( removes 20 heat ) Causes the ship
    that used it not to move(but may fire) for its next turn price: $600

Fleet: 20 Drones ( 5 hp 5 armor ships with 2 Speed and equipped with a autocannon:mining Laser ) for $1750

Explosive Fleet: 20 Drones Equiped with Explosive Cargo and the ability to detonate ones self ( does not deal full explosive cargo damage deals 10 damage to the ship that it explodes against ) for $2000

Laser Battery: Damage: 75 Range 4 Heat: 20 Cooldown 0 ( but may not be fired while charging and charges for 1 turn ( the ship must remian in range and the firing ship may move before firing ) Price: $750

HellBomb: Damage 200: Range 2 AoE: everything 2 squares in any dircetion from the target Heat: 160 ( basically u can only use one)
    ( does its damage only to ships that are unable to move ( not including your ship ) Cooldown : 7 Price: $900

Targetting Computer: Increases Range of all weapons by 1 ( may only have one ) Price: $1500

Lead Missiles: (may be used with Other Missiles when firing )Fires a missile that targets thier engines making the ship unable to move until 2 turns heat: 5 Cooldown 4 Range 3 Price: $450
    Ship: Battleship
    HP: 300
    Armor: 500
    Speed:0
    Weapon Slots: 20
    Starting Weapon things: 4 Fighters and 10 Drones + 1 Laser Battery
    Price $7500

I will not be outdone!

Lightning Barrier: Creates a shield of lightning around your ship that damages everything on contact for 10 damage per turn and gives a permanent 5 armor. Range 0,5 heat per turn on,no CD. $1000

Repulsor Bolt: Shoots a blast that does no damage but sends the target backwards 3 spaces in the direction the shot came from. If the object hits another object,both take 20 damage. Range 4,10 heat,5 turn CD. $900

Repulsor Shield: Something similiar to the repulsor bolt in shield form. Sends enemies 2 spaces backwards on contact. Also blocks the first shot of multi-hit weapons. Range 0,7 heat/turn,0 turn CD. $1100

Tractor Beam: Pulls a target from afar up to 3 spaces towards(but not into) your ship. Because of the nature of this,you can move asteroids around for strategic blocking,or pull an enemy into another's range. Range 8,10 heat,4 turn CD. $850

Point Defense Rifle: More of a gadget. When activated,shoots down a missile attacking you. 2 heat,2 turn CD. $100

Mine: Drops a mine behind you that deals 40 damage when someone passes by it. 0 heat,5 turn CD. $500

Mine Shooter: Shoots the mine up to 3 spaces ahead. 6 turn CD,$650.

Black Hole Generator 2.0: Creates a black hole at a location 3 spaces ahead. The process destroys the weapon for the round and damages the ship using it for 50 damage. 30 heat. $2500

Nebula Generator: Spreads 3 Nebula spaces out in front of you. Only has enough gases for one shot. 25 heat. $2200

JYAP Laser(lol): Fires a laser that goes through everything in the way. Range infinite,35 damage,80 heat,8 turn CD. $3500

Noob Attractor: When shot out,in 3 turns,5 Noobs(Spacebird Pirates)arrive on the map. 10 heat. $1200

Gravity Well: Oneshot,when used,a gravity well appears at the center. Everything(except nebulas)is pulled in 2 spaces into the well each turn. Colliding asteroids are outright destroyed. Colliding ships take 35 damage. Lasts 5 turns.

Armor Piercing Laser: Weak laser,but pierces armor and damages the ship anyways. 5 damage,5 heat,1 turn CD. $350

TAKE THAT!

Dummy Asteroid makes an asteroid at target CD: 1 heat: 5 Range 4 Price $300
    Laser Wall Creates an inpenetrable wall between 2 asteroids that after taking 30 damage falls any ships colliding with it take 10 damage CD NONE ( once per wall ) heat NONE price: $150
    Trip Mine: Makes a Beam "|" between 2 asteroids that when tripped causes the ship tripping it to take 20 damage Range:2 Cooldown: 3 heat NONE Price $300
    Wormhole Drive: Once per fight may move an infinite number o spaces Cooldown once heat= 0 price: $800
    Acid Shot: ( fires 2 shots ) each shot deals 1 damage to hull but 10 to armor (even after armor gone just does 1 damage to hull) Cooldown 1 heat: 10 Range 3 price: $250
    Fusion Core: Allows the ship to contain Fusion Reactions: Price $750( not set them off )
    Fusion Generator: Creates a fusion reaction that when target ship dies in a nebula creates a star which does 50 damage to everything on the map and expands from the nebula 1 space a turn any ship touching the star dies cooldown 10 turns range infinite cost: $1200 heat: 140
    Sacrifice Detonator: blows the ship causing a Chain reaction instantly killing everything around it which causes another chain reaction killing eveyrthign around it ect ect ect into infinity: Cooldown...DOH! range DOH! heat DOH! price: $3000
    Flashbeam: disables target weapon Cooldown 1 range 2 heat 50 price $300

Thread Information