Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Well,I got good news and bad news. - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Well,I got good news and bad news.

So you're going to support me in my rant against Pay2Play?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

I just told you,there's nothing wrong with Pay2Play. Don't make me bring insanity into this topic and destroy whatever we were talking about.

Was speaking to Trog. Should have used a quote, sorry.
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

Pay2Play is a legitimate method of earning money off of a product, but it's not one that I would ever consider as a consumer. Why would I dump hundreds of dollars into WoW when I can get the same entertainment value from NWN or NWN2 at a fraction of the price?

On the lemonade analogy: Imagine that each cup of lemonade costs you $.05 to make, and you charge $2 for a cup. It's the best lemonade in the world, so you could get away with it. You could charge customers $2 and give them free refills for the rest of the day and still make a hefty profit, but instead you charge an extra $1 for each refill. Your profit margin is incredible, but you're leeching money from the pockets of all the neigborhood kids who have to have that lemony goodness. You could go to the free refill model or even reduce the refill price to $.50, but even though it would help your customers it would cut into your profits. That's what Blizzard is doing. While I don't blame them for wanting to make a crap-ton of cash off of Pay2Play, they aren't going to get their hands on mine.

Until Diablo 3.

It's not even that expensive. The average Pay2Play price is 10 dollars. I make 20 dollars a month. Pricey for me,but if I can pay it,why the hell can't anyone else?

Because not everyone has a job to pay for said price. We've already paid 20-something dollars to buy the game; now we gotta pay 10 dollars a month to pay it? NWN never charged that much, and according to my calculations (of which I have evidence from Gametalk), mages are actually GOOD in NWN...

But then, I state again, we've got a helluva bunch of people buying WoW every day. Does Blizzard REALLY need to charge more? IMO, they're getting enough off the sales alone.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

I personally make 30 dollars a Month and i have to pay for everything by myself
    i Also have a girlfriend to buy things for So im constantly borrowing money from people and ive already gone into Pre-Mature American Debt Syndrome ( PMADS)

so if i were to buy WoW i would quite literally go to debtors prison even though it doesnt exist anymore.

If you bought WoW when it came out around December 2004 for $50 and only paid $10/month since then (I know it was $15/month at least for a while), you will have already spent $270 on that one game. I got NWN and all of the expansions in 2003 for I think $60, and I played it for longer than that. I seriously doubt WoW could have given me $210 worth of entertainment over what NWN has given me. For someone like me that has other responsibilities to attend to, I just can't justify spending $10 every month on a game when it could go towards loans, bills , or credit cards instead.

Yes, yes! To Felonious you listen to!

</Yoda>
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

Meh,whatever. When the odds are 3 to 1 against me and all 3 are friends,I'll concede.

Thread Information