Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Rethinking the Forum Software
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rethinking the Forum Software

Paladin
    Well I know I had said I was going to buy the current version of IPB, but now that I've seen version 3.5 of vBulletin in action I'm not so sure. Should make a decision by the end of the year. Of course the activity level here also pushes that decision, as it's hard to drop over $100 on software if only a couple of people are posting.

What would the benifits be? I think that is the real question.

Shaman
    Well I don't think there would be any benifits if knowone is around posting. I mean why blow a $100 for something only a few people are ever around to do something on it. So I think the question really is does Trog want to spend the money for something he thinks he might like more than what he has now or and if he does are there going to be people around to for him to even use the program.

You know I will always be around as long as you have a site for me to come to bro. Don't know what to tell ya bud. Shit man I just blew $70 for that Novel Linux SUSE 10. Although I know that is alot different than what you are talking about. Still Its not my primary rig or OS, so I can just fire it up whenever I get a hair up my ass to do so.

Lets see here. Does Trog do with out a few cigars or maybe wait to buy that next bottle of 12 year old Scotch? Or does he do the Nike thing and "just do it"

Paladin
    well the thing with the current software is that it's out of date and probably has several vulnerabilities. IPB stopped supporting (and patching) this version. So at some point I need to do something.

Squire
    OMG! You mean the pleasure of my company isn't worth $100?? *looks offended*

jk jk

Seriously though, is there something wrong with the current software? Cos if there isn't I'd say keep it, this place has a nice, homely kinda feel to it.... Hell it's the first site I check when I get online of a morning

Archer
    yeah i can see your point, depends what the advantages are cause the only disadvantage i can see is $100 lol
    <span style=\'color:red\'>WAR! huh! good god your! what is it good for? Absolutly nothing!
    It ain't nothing but a heartbreaker, its got 1 friend thats the undertaker!
    War can't give life it can only take it away! WAR!</span>

I agree with miss there is a nice homely feel here

Paladin
    I intend to keep the same feel, the same basic color scheme. I just dont want to end up hacked.

Shaman
    how many times have you been hacked so far?

Paladin
    Got hacked through the phpBB forums once a few months ago.

Thread Information