Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Multiplayer Hosting Problem

Thread: Multiplayer Hosting Problem

Multiplayer Hosting Problem

I've nothing else to turn to but this forum for tech support. Whenever I try to run a multiplayer game on NWN, nobody comes. NOBODY. Not even the curious little player. I believe my game's not showing up on the list of games or when anyone tries to join, the server times out. Can anyone help me with this? Thank you!

Router/Firewall. Fix it so the firewall is down and/or the router lets NWN stuff through. Don't ask for specifics.

Port forwarding if you have a router, check the post to internet box, try getting someone to direct connect to your IP address and seeing if it shows up in gamespy.

For more details refer to router manul for port forwarding and there's also the Bioware tech support forums. Go to nwn.bioware.com and find it from there.

EDIT: Again, this one is by another guest, not me.
    Last edited by Protoss119; 02-24-2006 at 05:43 PM.

You need to allow nwmain and nwserver (Ithink that's what it's called, don't have it on my comp atm) in order to host a game. Of course, it's entirely likely that people aren't out searching for new places to play this late in the game's lifecycle, especially ones that don't have anyone playing in them. Your best bet is to do a little advertising to get the word out rather than relying on the occasional passerby to populate your game.

Good idea. Thanks, Felonious.

No prob.

Thread Information