Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
What would you like in the server? - Page 2
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like in the server?

That isn't entirely true; Jade uses a plain set of robes.

The lack of any armor at all in the elite shop is a little disturbing though. There also seem to be a few weapons missing (like kama, sickle, spear, staff, etc), and some of the weapons in the elite shop are worse than the ones available on the planes (a +2 scimitar that gives you +5 to parry?). Simply choosing the right weapon to start can give you an edge. Choosing longsword over bastard sword lets you save a feat (Exotic) and lets you get a +5 weapon instead of +4. Not usually that big a deal, unless you happen to be fighting a Premonitioned mage with stacked damage shields.

Of course, if all of the weapons were equal in terms of bonuses then no one would be using bastard swords or katanas (except JYAP) or longswords or maces or any of the other often overlooked weapons. I see your dilemma.

The ballistas are taken care of. All that remains is to make a few minor adjustments to specify damage type and amount and to hopefully make some NPCs that can man them when attackers approach. I think 3 shots per round is a bit much though. Maybe one shot per round for the ballistas and one shot every other round (to account for reloading) for the catapaults.

As for the flag, I think it would be easier to make a destroyable object. The team that destroys it gets double (or triple) XP for a couple of minutes, and the person who destroys it gets personal bonuses, like +1d6 divine damage, +2 to all stats, and +3 to all saves for a certain number of rounds. Maybe 10 or 15? Destroy the effigy of the Fire God and get blessed by your own deity.

Spawns are pretty easy. The problem is deciding the difficulty factor. Personally, I'd rather see a couple of strong spawns with class levels than a bunch of weak spawns. Finding the right balance between difficulty and reward is a bit of a pain.

Hazards can be as simple as an event trigger or OnHeartbeat script, or as troublesome as a mass spawn. I was thinking about the rats and they might be a little CPU intensive. The same applies for too many heartbeat scripts. It's all about balance.

Paladin
    There are 2 reasons for no armor in the epic shop:

1 - Your armor stays the right color

2 - ACs are high enough already. What fun is PvP if you cant hit your opponent?

There WILL be armors in the epic shops.

Yes, I could make some armors in the low level shops...but they will have less AC and provide some resists.

That's just it:Maybe some people want resistances instead of AC. Maybe there's a tank out there who doesn't want to die easily. Or perhaps a mage who forgot Premonition(like me) needs some sort of damage shield till he levels. And you can fix the elite/epic shop armor color reason by making each one separate.

The 3-shot ballistas could be countered by simply having them being bashable and doing 20-40 damage a shot. A archer could go and shoot them till they break,where 3 shots mean nothing if you've got a broken weapon. I'm ok with the catapults.

If the flag is destroyable,then make it a statue instead. No sense in destroying a flag.

Perhaps the weak spawns could be level 13 or so,and the strong ones ranging from 16-19?

And maybe for the mass spawns like the rats...maybe they could be stronger but fewer.

And why did I double post? I only read the last message before the first one. >_<

Creating another 3 elite shops and stocking them would take time and energy away from more important tasks. Hooray for non-AC bonuses though.

Yay. Now for all the other stuff and the kill counter.

Patience, grasshoppa. These things take time.

Paladin
    I've deleted last few posts from this thread.

Keep the spam in the spam threads please.

Fel....could you email me what you've been working on?

Blech...sorry Al.
    Anyways,perhaps with the spawn idea,there could be one huge spawn in the middle with a piece of loot or a lot of gold. It'd take more than one player to kill it,but seeing as how the middle is the center of action,it'd die fast in a 10-player game. Also,how about the spawn barracks in each fortress can work on 3 different spawn modesower,Magic,and Spam. Power would be a giant of the same element,Magic would be a caster,and Spam is a mephit that produces much faster than the rest(like 5 for 1). The big spawns would also change upon mode change. And if you want to implement a Rock-Paper-Scissors thing here,I say Magic>Power>Spam>Magic.

Thread Information