Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
What would you like in the server?
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you like in the server?

What would you like in the server?

Simple,isn't it? The server,besides the 4 way PvP gimmick,is pretty much standard. Why not come up with something?

I say:

Spawns. Duh. Spawns constantly coming out of your team's entrance portal en route to the enemy plane's portal. Course,the spawns should be elemental-specific,have a special ability that triggers on hit,and have a "big" enenmy that's stronger than the rest of the spawns come out after 7-10 spawns.

Improved Fortresses. They're pretty pointless now. I think there should be a flag in your team's fortress that,when captured,gives double exp for the team. If it's the opposite element,triple the exp bonus! Course,you'd need to destroy the two very durable spawn barracks popping out spawns every 30 seconds. And the auto-firing true seeing magic missile turret. And a small fort with 2 ballistas and 1 catapult,all player-friendly. And a forcefield gate.

Fortress Defenses. Like I said,ballistas and catapults. In DQ Team PvP,there was a few maps with ballistas in them. If you clicked on them,they'd shoot a bolt of energy towards a space in front of it. I'd like that concept here. The bolts would be the same element as your team,and get 3 shots a round. The catapult only gets 1 shot,but deals 4 times the ballista in damage. Maybe a special AoE spell that triggers upon impact.

Special Items. We're just restricted to regular weapons,armors,and accessories. Why not something like special grenade weapons that dispel upon impact? Class specific items? Special 1-use items that could change the outcome of the round? And how would we buy all this stuff? Gold? Nah,too easy to obtain. How bout this:every time your team wins a round,you get a token. Each item costs a certain amount of tokens.

More Items. Nuff said.

Arena Hazards. Why not? They'd be fun! For example,in the Molten Arena,perhaps a flame barrier would activate and seal off a passage in the middle every now and then,along with random Flamestrikes. In the Haunted Ruins,there'd be traps and ghosts and traps that trigger ghosts coming. In the Deadly Abode,there would be stronger traps than the ruins. And in the Sewers? Lots and lots of rats that appear everywhere to intercept spells,players,and attacks.

Secret Arena Areas. In DQ Team PvP,there was more to a arena than just the layout. Chances were,there was a area that had more monsters but gave you a unique item. In other arenas,there was a barrel named after a player there. If you put the key in,the door opened and you could fight a fake version of the player with lots of loot. Why not have the concept here? Every arena would have a secret area(Try hidden doors) with a powerful spawn guarding a key. Get all the keys in the arenas and find a special door that'll take you to...well,Almuric can decide if he wants to implement this.

That's all. Feel free to nitpick everything I posted,add your own suggestions,and all that crap.

Paladin
    sounds great actually. But here's the deal. I'm happy hosting the mod...but I dont possess the energy to build all that. How about finding some experienced builders and scripters to help?

Oh crud. The actual making of this. Well,I'm 13 with no knowledge of scripting. Is Genocide still around? Cause I got no means whatsoever to find anyone to script it.

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooh, a challenge. I'm a bit rusty on scripting and have never actually built a unique area, but spawns are easy enough. A little bit of practice should get me back up to speed. It would still probably take a while though...

Paladin
    Yeah...the deal is I'm a builder, not a scripter. I have made all the updates for some time now....so I'm capable. I'm just not very good and the spawns would take some work to get right.

How bout you just add more items? THAT can't be too complicated can it?(ADD A KATANA!)

Paladin
    the new epic store areas are already created and in the mod....i just need to fill the merchants up with items.

Ohhh...how bout add more variety to the weapons and armor we get? Like maybe extra damage instead of attack? Or have a armor have lower AC for resistances?

Where are they and what level do you need to be?

I meant stuff sold in the planes,not in the elite and epic shops. Seriously,no diversity there,only the matter of what weapon do you prefer. Armor is worse. Just get the +3 one. Yawn.

Thread Information