Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Builds, Tips, Tricks and Discussions - Page 15
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds, Tips, Tricks and Discussions

That's why I always stick to Elf fighters, Finesse or Archers. The Dex bonus is quite nifty & the Con penalty isn't that bad, though I prize many HPs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

i liek half orcs mainly because i can pump up str and widsom and be a killer ranger ^^

Dex seems like Agility in WC. It's the one stat to rule them all,apparently.

Except damage wise. Gonna be hilarious when that crazed dex monk slams into a wall of DR 5/5. Let's see what his puny fists do now.

But still,half orcs are one-dimensional. Dwarves are good if you don't need Human's extra feat and skill points. Halflings and gnomes can eat IKD all day long. Elves have a not-so-attractive con penalty,and half-elves just plain suck. This is in terms of casters though. >_>

Melee-wise,half orcs=dwarves>humans>rest. No contest strength wise. Dex wise,halfling=elf>rest.

Hmm. Half-Orc rangers...never considered that.

Con shmon. Doesn't mean you won't get good HP anyway unless your con is 6.
    Neverwinter Nights ("NWN") generally has over 9,000 players online at any one time.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

Dwarves are considered the best non-ECL race in DnD, while half-orcs and half-elves are considered the worst.

You gotta love how versatile humans are though. They make good anythings. Human paladin? K. Human wizard? Alright. Human rogue? Sure.

Half orc wizard? Rofl. Halfling paladin? Good one. Dwarf bard? LAWL.

Actually, I've gotten a good ways with a Halfling Paladin. The trick is cutting the Str loss in favor of Dex. You end up with a Finesse Paladin of sorts. The buffs still help too...I can't remember whether you still get Divine Power or not.

Or you can forget Dex and go Str. Of course, going STR MIGHT cost you that one extra point of Cha and maybe a few points of Con (so you're stuck with 12 Con) to buff STR.
    Last edited by Protoss119; 09-08-2006 at 01:45 PM.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

12 Con is above average and should suffice. Some strength boosting gear will negate the Str penalty. I say you balance it and get like 16 Cha,12 Str/Con/Dex or something.

Yeah, that will probably work. However, buffs are still going to be the Pally's main strength, and no race (yes, not even the half-elf) will negate that. Except dwarves & half-orcs if you like Divine Might/Shield.
    WHAT NINE THOUSAND

The thought of a half-orc paladin is almost as scary as Xanos's multiclassing. Bioware must've been drunk when deciding his two classes.

Thread Information