Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Builds, Tips, Tricks and Discussions - Page 16
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Builds, Tips, Tricks and Discussions

Rogue
    Paladins are one of the most difficult classes to build unless your going pure str and don't worry about wisdome for their spells that much.

I useually start with 15 Wis/ 14 Char/ 12str/ 12dex/12 con/ 12 intel. That is with human race though.

WTF! A NEW POSTER! AHHHHHHHHHH!
    (explodes,sending bones everywhere)

Yeah,Pallys are frickin hard to make a good build for. Int's the only stat you can skimp on. Maybe Dex if you want to give up 1 AC. Taunt's a worthwhile skill though,and I wonder if you got enough skill points after Discipline to put into Taunt and Concentrate...

Yes,I DID recommend Concentrate. Taunt provokes a Concentrate check. If you fail,you lose a good deal of AC. Except when I use it on my friend. Then he auto-rages and I get wailed on unless we're playing a game I own at.

I feel that a sorc/pally/rdd is effective lvl 1 sorc lvl 9 pally lvl 10 rdd ( at lvl 20 with 40 lvls you will end up with 29 pally )

( btw this build is for HALF ORCS )

the RDD provides total of + 4 to CHA off setting the half orcs weakness totally along with providing + 2 ac/damage and 2 reflex/will/fortitude with divine power/shield and paladin class

along with th + 8 STR for 4 ab/damage you pally becomes a powerhouse with a true strike and mage armor casting bonanza ( + 1 ac with mage armor ) and + 20 ab for your smiting with true strike bam killer build for half orc pally
    ( with then you start with 16 CHA and it gets boosted to 20 which is + 5 ac/damage and + 5 to all saves whcih is sufficient because you will use cha items as well )

I believe 20 str 16 cha and 14 int is my build i will have to check i dun mind the - 1 ac because mage armor counter acts it and the - to health doesnt affect you much when you get lay on hands.. why 14 int? imp kd and total of 4 skill points you get disc taunt concentration and spellcraft ( spellcraft? u may ask but every 5 point in spellcraft u get + 1 to saves vs spells making a pally even more magic resistant ) also in epic lvls your only getting great CHA because ur str will be godly by then and you should be able to get dev crit fairly soon ( lvl 23 if you smart ) ALSO the bonus 8 CHA is + 4 ac/damage and saves so yea

EDIT Oh yea Whats up silent blade bout time i see you round
    Last edited by Halfwingseen; 09-09-2006 at 12:03 PM.

Stop. While it's true the half-orc is better damage-wise,a human would be better overall,or at least in saves. Why?

The human gains 4 more skill points at level 1,and 1 more thereafter,and that special bonus feat that you know you want to sink into Toughness. "But he doesn't gain any strength bonus!" you might say. Think of it this way. +2 Strength gives +1 to damage(assuming one-hander). +2 to Charisma gives +1 to all saves,better turn undead ability,better pally spells...Yeah. I'll go with the Charisma,thank you very much.

errr cha isnt pally spells in any way actually its all wisdom based.. cept for turn undead/divines just so ya know a 30 wis pally casts better than a 30 cha pally ^^

But some of the paladin's spells use his Charisma. I win.

they are feats not spells I win

Dammit Wing,you're overlooking one or two spells in the paladin's spells that use his Charisma. I can't remember them,but go look at them.

EDIT: Oh God. I said moveset instead of spells. The Pokemon curse is upon me!

There are None. its called Wisdom Based casting for a reason

Lay on Hands and turn and the divines only things that use charisma

Unless your talking about the spell that makes a weapon Holy avenger...that spell does NOTHIGN about charisma the effect Holy Avanger deals bonus damage if ur a pally attacking an evil thing

Could've sworn there was a pally spell that used Charisma...

Anyhoo,Holy Avenger acts as a +5 weapon and dispels magic on contact if a pally wields it on anyone. Otherwise it's just a fancy name for a +2 weapon.

Thread Information