Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Elemental Rules
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elemental Rules

Paladin

Elemental Rules

Lets get a feel for what rules we would like to see. The Dev team will ultimately set the rules for the mod, but we want to see what you guys would like implemented.

I'll start:

1. No cussing. If you are asked to mind your language and continue this is grounds for banning. Some may say this rule could be too strict. I personally dont mind cussing but I have a problem with stupid people who could abuse allowing it.

2. No exploiting bugs. We all want it to be fair. Bugs should be pointed out to DMs or PM'd. Don't post a bug for everyone to see.

3. No summons, familiars, pets, etc. This may be allowed later, but for now lets keep CPU cycles to a minimum.

4. No pickpocket or disarm. This rule is not optional. It has already been scripted in.

5. No equipment or gold transferring.

Please post other rules you would like to see used.

oh, youll allow TimeStop eh?

so youll allow all spells eh? oh, I got to go in as a spellcaster!

Paladin
    Rune, we're looking for suggestions. The list I gave is a starting point. If you agree or disagree post it. Plus, post any additional rules you would like to see. As far as Time Stop goes, it has been modified. The exact modification will be revealed when we get to the beta testing stage. We are still in alpha.

Squire
    Minimal running to avoid death. Running like a few yards is cool, but like half the length of the map or in circles is not. A fighter that is being beat down and sees his team on a platform should be able to attempt to run to get cover from his team, or a spellcaster to try and get off a spell without being disrupted. But like I said running in circles or doing a marathon is stupid.

Rogue
    yea...just a couple of modifications to the spells like firebrand and IGMS and the such...you might have to limit delayed fireball with my fire mage

Paladin
    We're not talking spells. Just general server rules. The dev team is indeed talking about the spell scripting.

how bout no shouting...

Shouting can create lag if the server has alot of players in it, plus it will kinda pollute the chat for those spammers...

*Looks at Madd*

Rogue
    i think shouting shouldn't be completely unused...just maybe only certain things...like no arguing over shout or anything...but maybe just some slight chit-chat and trash talking

Squire
    I think an argument can be carried to talk..or party. Never on shout. Also think if the people that are arguing on the shout channel are asked to stop and they don't stop, then they get jailed.

Rogue
    is it me, or does anybody else get a bad feeling when geno starts talking about a jail in Eb...

Thread Information