Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Why are there no players ever online? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Why are there no players ever online?

hahaha

hahha im an Australian so i may have been.

Thurgin, stay on i will be home in EXACTLY 3 hours.

Come fight with and against me!

WOOOOH
    \' Mess with the best... Die like the rest \'

.::{ Leader of the Midknight Nine }::.

Paladin
    It was late when I posted....I was asleep long before you got home.

By the way...

By the way.. its easy to see where you guys went a little wrong in the development of a player base, and the easy alternate to people thinking they are never gonna get anywhere by being spammed with Death Spells.

And thats EXPERIENCE awarded for death by a higher / same level.

Not to mention toning up the experience a little in order to actually get players there. They need to feel like their time is being used wisely and efficiently.

After the players t more involved and you establish regulars that then attract other regulars.. implement toned down XP systems.

What is the max level here by the way Almuric?.. Cause im hoping that a script of invulnerability can be implemented for those less than 8 or so levels than you.. hehe.

Paladin
    The thing is, xp awards are high. If the server has more then 10 people on it you'll level like crazy.

Also, if you are 5 or more levels higher then your opponent you get NO XP for killing him. I have characters I never use because they cant make any xp. (Yes, my fighter is level 21 )

Weeee

Yay well fight me cause im level 17, and i own j00 fighter

Muhah.

I see, i just like the idea of XP on death.

Paladin
    I'll take a look. I may change the script to give a small amount of xp on death, but not much. It would be easy to abuse this by killing yourself over and over. If I set it to only award if killed by a death spell then there would be a complaint to add if killed by horrid wilting or something.

Ahhhhhh

Ahhhh i see, im not a great scripter but is there any way you can avoid the XP being given on walking over spawn points / other ele planes.

Because if not then i agree with you, no XP on death.

Its just i know in my past when i joined servers and they gave XP on death, i sat there all day fighting and getting owned just so i could lvl anyhow.

One more thing.

The one other little idea i was having was if someone logs on and the player count is less than 5.

Then maybe some sort of NPC monster spawning happens, which is a construct or something undead... who doesnt rest and would take a few rests / deaths to kill. Maybe people wouldnt leave so fast, and attract more. Hmmmmmm. Then this possibly could give the XP on death and nothing else, aswell as making a shout as soon as the player joined explaining that hes is going to rule the Arena and all should fear him?

*EDIT*
    Off to work weeee, im forum active 99% of my life, talk about obsession.

Paladin
    There has been some discussion about making some "bots" similar to what you have on FPS games. Some NPCs that would spawn and play the part of the other teams. I'm going to look into it some more.

Bots

Bots would be a difficult task and most likely a lag contributing thing.

You dont like the idea of 1 "Ruler of the Elemental Planes" that spawns in the middle @ <5 players that deals each of the elemental type damage, combines magic with AC/AB and shouts to the server that it is waiting in the center of the Arena to destroy all in its proximity?

And hey, why not go a step further and implement one that spawns randomly at the end of each round, depending on how many players connected alters its CRating and combat type? That then gives the team that gets the killing blow a distribution of maybe 500XP each? As opposed to rewarding XP to the winning team... keeping in mind it would have a minimum CR.. so if there isnt enough people to kill it.. no one is getting XP.

Thread Information