Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Why are there no players ever online?
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are there no players ever online?

Squire

Why are there no players ever online?

The burning question. I wish to know why?

Does the module suck?

No one likes PvP anymore?

All the other PvP modules that much better?

What is the best way to recruit more players??

I played on Gods tonight and it was laggy. I don´t know why but since v5 it is alweys laggy to me.
    I played on BoW and it was laggy and confusing. I just runned around and got 1 lvl in 3 minutes.
    I played on NS and it is boring. For players that never played it it is a great server. But when I can lvl to lvl 10 in 1 hour then it is time to change the server.
    I was looking at some RP servers (Anchordeep, Stormplay and Anphillia) but they have so many rules that it is not even worth creating char there.

And why did I play on all those server tonight? Cause EB was empty for 2 days when I looked at it. I saw players on Legion but not on EB. I will no longer sit and populate En waiting for Geno to join and others to see that EB is not empty. I´m tired of that. I was populating EB since we put it up and for nothing.

I have no NWN server to play where I can have fun. EB is by far the BEST mod I ever saw and played on but it is alweys empty or have few new players that leave as soon as they get killed.
    I´m serioulsy considering to stop playing NWN any more. Cause I don´t know where to play. I´m offering many things to have time to sit to 3-4 am and play but in last 3 days I was only jumping from server to server. That is not fun.

Squire
    Where can we advertise the server and get more players to join it???

It did SO well at first, but I guess that the low player count is actually OUR fault. Mages took advantage of unbalanced spells that we saw were being abused but did applied the fixes too slowly. No one liked to be instagibbed over and over and over without ever getting a chance to fight. For the record (non of my magic user characters had/have death spells)

Unfortunately we have almost no players. I played today for 3 hrs with 6 people on...a Saturday....pathetic. Anyone got any ideas?

For that matter is only 3-5 people even reading these forums?
    Forum been dead lately too. Feeling frustrated that I put so much work into this module and it isnt getting much play. Been spending more and more time playing Temple of Elemental Evil, Stronghold: Crusader, and Galactic Battlegrounds. Wish I could play EB, but I'm simply not gonna sit in the server for an hour and waste my time every day if no one shows.

I took at look at why the other pvp servers with team combat are successful, and the only reason is that those players don't know how to play anywhere else. Those mods could drastically change and the players would still be there. They have an established player base. Shit, ours got killed off by two mages. Havent seen those guys since.

I've heard comments like ..this could be my new home..except there is hardly anyone to fight. I can't blame them either. The DMs makeup the top players...supposed to be the other way around. DMs aren't supposed to be playing as much.

I put up the server on a couple of sites, dunno how many people will stop by cuz of that.

lateron...we gotta fix this problem soon, or EB is dead.

I check the server when I can get on late at night but noone is on much yet. I checked it this morning and noone was on so I played at Legion for awhile. Hopefully we will have more players looking at playing this mod as soon as it gets out there to what and where we are.

Squire
    Its Been OUT there for going on 3 months now....

No one plays early in the morning, no one plays late at night.
    I'm afraid if you can only play at those times, you will hardly ever find someone. Prime time....and on weekends there are people. Not many but that is when they play. On the bright side we got players that are fair and good sports and try to stick it out. But I fear some of them are not returning because they find no challenge beating up on level 8s all the time. Ya see, some guys have played those charas a little bit to get as far as level 11-13 and they deserve those levels, other guys are constantly trying new characters, therefore they will always be considerably further behind the power curve. Even though the team numbers are balanced, the shift in power isn't. I can count maybe 6-7 characters over level 10. A few of them haven't been around in awhile.....well because it takes no effort to dust a 8 or 9th level player and it gets boring, plus all the whining about that overpowering character.

I myself constantly switch characters in order ot maintain balance, but would not have to do so if everyone stayed awhile, worked on ONE character, and started to dish out some pain too.

Oh, ya know why peeps play the other pvp servers so much? The exp given per kill is SO low, you have to play there constantly and I mean constantly to develop your character any.

Paladin
    Unbelievably there was a complaint yesterday because xp was too low. Reason was because we had 4 to 5 players on each team and killing level 8s didnt give out much once it was spread out. Each team had one high level dishing out damage and low levels helping out. We had a good afternoon btw. After you left Geno the server stayed very busy for the rest of the day.

I really like exp on EB. It is really balanced but there will alwyes be people that whine.
    I have stoped playing. Cause I see no point in levling any more. If I get 1 more lvl on my rogue I know that lvls 8 and 9 will constantly whine. If I play my other chars that are lvl 8 they will get lvl soon and then whine thing again. But no one cares that I´m on EB every day and play, even when only 1 more player is on I stay and play. And playing more give you more exp. But as soon as my lvl 10 join in they start complainig. They don´t even try to fight me but whine direct. End if they do fiht me and lose then they leave to make another "better" char or just leave server. When I´m on I´m afriad to fight people cause I might kill them.
    That is totally wrong.

Paladin
    Hate to here that Bounty. Cant say that I play any different. I have a level 12 cleric on Air, A level 10 cleric and a level 9 Sorc on Fire, a wizard approaching level 9 on water, and a cleric on earth who is also almost level 9. Only purely noob character I have is a level 8 paladin on Air. As you can see I switch around alot too.

He he, I had most exp of all players once in a time. My rogue was 3k from lvl 11 long time ago. Now I´m still 2k from lvl 11 with him. Cause I can never play him. Air is like forrbiden teritory for me. With Vapor and Thurgin there little Bounty just can´t even dream to try and play if there are less then 10 players on (which is almost never).

we erdays are trying to make the mod alive..we really trying as some of u saw today..so we will see what happens in the future

Thread Information