Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Where is everyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Paladin
    If you guys can think of a way to get people here then please post it. Move it to "Action" no big deal, change the player start level? Easily done. Nerf some spells? Name the spell, your solution, and why.

I was with Geno on EB last night. Rogue vs archer most of the time. Players that did join spend 20 min lvling and equiping the char and then died once and left the server. So problem was not some spell or starting lvl but player skill and will to improve.
    But the spell that MUST get fixed is duration of the hand. It last too long.

Sorry I havent been around much lately. I have been really busy setting up a business and trying to advertise it. A website. Supplies. And working overtime so I can pay for all of it. I havent touched many games except CS or UT2k3 where I can pop in and pop right out. Sorry to hear that it is slowing down. I know that as a new mod comes out it takes awhile to get people coming in. A friend of mine told me when he started his new business his first year he only had 7 customers. So I look at it that way. Anyway I should pop in just to pop in and I'm sorry I havent. I will have to put that on my priority list for this weekend.

Squire
    Just spent another 1 1/2 hours making scripting changes. Hope all this work wasn't for nothing.

i have to agree, however i'm almost as cruel as any mage with my pally as far as indestructabilitie goes... only a mage using bigbies cheese hand or a pally equally as powerful as me has a chance. i think the server was overall more balanced before levels hit 17+.. start everyone out at like 7 i think and lower exp from killing.

Paladin
    The new starting level will be 8. That will be going into effect VERY SOON since it looks like we have almost all the bugs worked out.

Lvl 8 as starting lvl is good cause it will stop early PK killings by mages. But keep the exp as it is. There are not enough players to lower exp for now. And you have fixed it anyway. When you kill a lower lvl exp is not that good but when you kill a higher lvl exp is good.

Squire
    I still wanna know why the player count is low. I still want to know why people make a char, it dies and they quit. I want to know are we missing some key ingrediant to success?

Low skill is making players come and quit after one try. Mostly players that are new to PvP come and try EB. They see a not populated server and come to see what PvP is about. They get slaughtered since they donĀ“t know how to make nice PvP build and they leave. And at the same tme those that are good at PvP go to some more populated server. With not balanced teams or chars one side alweyes win while other side alweys lose. That is not fun in a long run. We need more experienced player but how we will get them I have no idea.
    Just how I see population problem on EB.

Squire
    Server was running nicely...filling up nicely too...almost had every team with 4 on it...until a certain mage casted the exact same spell over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. He ruined the fun for many and they left the server in droves.

Thread Information