Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Where is everyone?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where is everyone?

Squire

Where is everyone?

Server has been empty for the past 2 days. I stayed there for over 20 mins ..until 6 pm. Nothing...no one.

Exactly, where is everyone?

Yesterday I was on 5 times and waited for maybe 5 minutes every time hoping that someone would come but nothing.
    Today I had some things to do so I didn´t have time.

Few days ago there was only Geno on the server. I joined too and few mintues later we had 8 players on. Other playes will not join if there is 0 players on. At least we regulars could help by sitting and waiting. I know that it is boring but once players join it will be fun.
    I go to EB and it has 0 players then I go to NS north and see at least 2 or 3 WN players there. Why is that? I know that NS is fun for some but Al can you get at least WN to help EB in the start?

Rogue
    as you too both know, NWN has a heart of PvM...and we are getting a bunch of new peoples who don't know mucha bout the game...we should give em a lil bit of time before we destroy them

On Two side notes that i think both of you would like to here

1) Bogo is back playin NWN, he is gettin SoU soon...but can play on NS3 right now

2) Snork is official getting the game...so his buddies will be playin soon(i mean the texas group i believe they were caleed)
    To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift
    -Steve Prefontaine

I know about Bogo and NWN again and I'm happy that he is back. I play on NS too but I still spend my main time on EB. I didn't mean the new member like Pumpkin but the old members that were still members while I was in WN. Few of them started on EB but now I see them only on NS. I don't need to write names.

And why do we care about Snork. He was talking since he joined LG that he will get SOU but I still don´t see it happening. Most of the texas gang don´t play any more.

Paladin
    Sorry guys about not being on. Ive been putting my computer together for the past 2 days. I'm getting NWN patched and ready to go right now. As far as the WN members go, I'll make a post right after I update the mod. Something about the final version and I need help testing. Madd is right though, most of the current members of WN are PvM players. We never really recruited PvP players. Let me work on the update for a few hours and when its ready I'll put it up and make the post.

Paladin
    OK, part of the problem may be that the server isnt showing up in the Arena list. Is anyone else not seeing it? Server is up.

Squire
    Well I'm in the server now..on a Saturday morning...its 10 am. Been here for a bit now. Still empty. WTF?? Haven't seen a soul on this server since Wednesday maybe. I'll stay idle another 10 mins then I dunno.

Paladin
    Server was set to not advertise. I dont know how in the hell that happened, I checked the ini file and it was supposed to. So I restarted it and its listed now.

I was on today around 17.00 my time. Waited 15 min and none showed up.
    Really sad. It is a great mod. We need to get players to play it somehow. I have posted links and info on few sites that I had urls to when I worked as Ambassador for WN but it looks like it didn´t help at all.

And about WN players. While they were able to exploit party exp bug they were on all the time. But when they had to use skill to get exp they stoped playing on EB. None PVP players that never visited EB are totally diffrent thing. But the prob is not only with WN players. We need many more clan and non clan members to play and have fun with us.

Squire
    Pretty dismal for a Saturday crowd...heh what crowd??

Only time we get decent numbers is because Bastions of War or Gods Team Arena is full. The guys that started playing the mod early on got run off by cheesy and abusive magic users. You can thank a 18th level Sorcerer that STILL casts phanstasmal killer even though he has better spells and a certain juvenile mage played with the last name of Saggins.

Players don't want to stay anywhere where they get abused, certainly not ones that are new to PvP either. I'm sitting on the server alone as I type this, with absolutely no fear anyone will kill me while on this website. I know changes were installed to improve balance but I fear that the timing was too slow.

Almuric's clan won't play there because they don't have the skillset for play vs player combat as a whole (only a couple individuals do) They play some outdated mod now right?

BBC has a loyal following on their own home server.

Mebbe move the server to ACTION?

Find better ways to advertise? I agree too good of a mod to not have players

Thread Information