Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Windows Vista
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Vista

Rogue

Windows Vista

Anything I should need to know about it? I have to get it for my college classes.

It is coming auto with service pack 1 so no worries there. Not sure what version I'm getting whether it is Ultimate or what.

How is gaming with it? Most peripherals have drivers for Vista now?

I guess I have two options either way it will be a reinstall but either just have Vista or have a dual boot with XP also. Which will have to be installed after Vista.

I'm just wanting to ask those that have used it more than me. i have only troubleshot it on customers computers when I was doing IT work on the side.

Paladin
    I use it at work all day on my laptop and the personal laptop I just bought runs it too. Plays NWN and Company of Heroes just fine (I havent tried anything else yet). You'll want to have at least 2GB of RAM or it will run slow as crap. I havent had any issue with peripherals, but I dont have anything that's very old either to hook up to it.

Rogue
    I think everything that I have has vista drivers for it so I'm not worried to much about that. I only have 2 GB of ram in it right now so that is borderline.

So I'm guessing service pack 1 fixed alot of stuff?

Rogue
    Well found out today that they are sending me Ultimate edition so that is good I will have all the bells and whistles.

Paladin
    I used it before SP1 and never had any problems, but I didnt start using it for gaming until after SP1. SP1 reduced some of the resource usage but other than that I couldnt tell much difference. I use Ultimate edition on one machine and Home Premium on another. The only real difference I've seen is that you can download some extra "ultimate only" programs (mainly desktop backgrounds, screen savers, and games).

Rogue
    They are sending me Ultimate, I don't have a choice in the matter. I'll strip down all the unwanted extra crap that I wont need or use.

Paladin
    the ultimate stuff isnt installed for the most part. what you get is access to a "ultimate only" download area on windows update.

Rogue
    They told me that Ultimate can be installed in either 32 bit or 64 bit is this true and what are the differences....I have a 64 bit CPU so should I install the 64 bit version.

Paladin
    Unless you have 4MB or more RAM I would just install the 32 bit version.

Rogue
    well I have 2GB but I went ahead and installed the 64-bit version because I plan on upgrading my box after tax season.

Thread Information