Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
The weakest link [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : The weakest link

Bushwacker
06-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Well I found the weakest link in the drive train of my Blazer. It was the drive shaft itself. I twisted the dang thing in half, well actually it was up by the yoke next to the transfer case. Cost to fix...$200 and that will get me thick wall tube and heavy duty parts. Still got me home like a good chevy.;)

Almuric
06-19-2007, 03:26 PM
How in the world did you twist your driveshaft in half? Rust?

Bushwacker
06-20-2007, 07:43 AM
I didn't have it fully in gear when I mashed the peddle. Plus the guy at the driveline shop said that it wasn't even the stock driveline. The wall on the tube was to thin which is where it failed. He was surprised it lasted as long as it did.

Rust...meh I'm not that big of a redneck.

Almuric
06-20-2007, 09:01 AM
Ha! never underestimate your redneck power! :P

Well it's good to know that no real damage was caused other then to the driveshaft itself. I can imagine something like that getting bad if it snapped at highway speed.

Bushwacker
06-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey Trog what kind of car or truck do you drive bro?

Almuric
06-22-2007, 10:45 AM
It's embarrassing. :(

For the past 10-12 years I drove Mustang GTs (a 94 model, a 95 model, a 2000 model). But with my new job I had to abandon my V8 habit and buy something that was affordable to drive long distances every day. I am now the proud owner (for the past year) of a 2006 Honda Accord with a 4 cylinder.

Bushwacker
06-22-2007, 08:53 PM
bah nothing wrong with a Honda man. Dude you'll get about million miles out of it and the resale value is kick ass. I know its not the same when you mash the peddle, but what the hell. Pick up a fixer for cheap and start working on it a little bit at a time. ;)

Almuric
06-22-2007, 09:16 PM
Yeah, I knew I was doing the right thing. I just miss it. I worked on all those mustangs (aftermarket parts) and took them all to the race track.