Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Speaker System [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Speaker System

Bushwacker
03-01-2007, 10:21 AM
Well my Klipsch speakers finally gave up the ghost. So now I'm looking to get
a new system. What do you guy's recommend? Ive been looking at These (http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2177,CONTENTID=9486)
The price isn't to bad and I like the features.

Almuric
03-01-2007, 01:16 PM
wow, really nice. You listen to alot of music and/or watch movies on your pc?

Bushwacker
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah I do. Don't forget games too bro. What do you use?

Almuric
03-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I've just got 2.1 (or whatever it's called when you have 2 speakers + subwoofer). It's a nice system (when I bought it) but I cant remember what it's called. I never get to turn it up much anyway or somebody yells at me. :P

Bushwacker
03-08-2007, 10:36 PM
Well they should be here tomorrow.:)

Almuric
03-09-2007, 07:47 AM
awesome! I really need to order some speakers myself but more for the living room tv then the computer.

Toto
03-10-2007, 03:17 PM
That looks awesome. I need to find new speakers myself and I believe you just recommended me some excellent ones. ;)

Bushwacker
03-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Dang it there not here yet and wont be till the 14th. Oh well. I did get to hear them though. Circuit City had some on display and I got to fiddle around with them. WOW! I'm even more impressed. The base is quite heavy but was able to adjust it to a comfortable level. Crystal clear through all volume levels and at 505 watts your going to piss off the neighbors. Was able to play Fear and Quake 4 and I didn't realize what I was missing compared to my 4.1 Klipsch speakers. The dude helping me put in a movie "Lord of The Rings" and they sounded every bit as good as any mid end home theater sound system. Of course I don't really have much experience with home theater surround systems other than what Ive messed with at the store. Anyway, if you guys get a chance to check these out at a store or a friends house, do so. I promise you wont be disappointed. To me they are worth every penny. I payed $329 but I ordered them through my job and got them through Dell. Checked out a few different places online and could of gotten them a little cheaper, but by the time you pay for the shipping your still paying about the same or more. So that my take on it at this point. Oh one more thing. The sound card used in the system at the store was an Audigy 2, the one in my rig is the X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional series card. I think that will make a difference as well.

Almuric
03-12-2007, 03:27 PM
You know...I had an Audigy 2 card in my PC and had to remove it. Was making the PC blue-screen. I fell back to the on-board sound and the PC is running awesome now. (Dont yell at me about on-board sound. My rig actually has good on-board stuff)

Bushwacker
03-12-2007, 07:34 PM
(Dont yell at me about on-board sound. My rig actually has good on-board stuff)

LOL Hey man the onboard stuff now days is pretty dang good. Not like back in the day where it all sucked. :)

Almuric
03-13-2007, 07:13 AM
For me only running a 3 speaker system I figure on-board is good enough. :) It only has to make game noises. I dont watch movies or play music on the pc.

Bushwacker
03-15-2007, 07:49 PM
For me only running a 3 speaker system I figure on-board is good enough. :) It only has to make game noises. I dont watch movies or play music on the pc.

Nope not good enough.:tongue: Now go get some.
Mine are here hooked them up last night and whoa
I be a happy man. Found out I can also hook them
up to my XBOX 360. Going to try that tonight.
Need for Speed Carbon should sound killer.:)

Almuric
03-15-2007, 07:55 PM
x-box? What's that?

;)

Bushwacker
03-15-2007, 08:44 PM
Got it for my son. He's liking it alot. Right now he's playing Frogger hehe remember that one.

Bushwacker
03-15-2007, 08:45 PM
oh and don't change the subject.

Almuric
03-16-2007, 07:39 AM
no, I really do have good on-board sound. I'd tell you what it is but I cant remember at the moment.

Bushwacker
03-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll bet it's Realtek AC97. What MOBO do you have installed?

Almuric
03-16-2007, 06:21 PM
Nope! I have an MSI K9N Platinum with Realtek ALC883 audi0. :beer:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_detail.php?UID=730