Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Vista [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Vista

Bushwacker
02-01-2007, 09:04 AM
Well I wont be getting it for a while, but I did load the Vista Business version last Saturday on a customers new pc we built for him. It comes on DVD and is 2.49 Gig's. Took 14 min to load on a Athlon 4200 Dual core with a gig of ram. Went to load Norton AV Corp edition and it had a compatibility issue, and no work around for it. Had to go to Symantec to get a different workaround which was to get the one for XP oh and it was the 2007 version. To long to go into detail about the whole process. The OS completely updated itself and installed the updates with out my permission. File and folder structure is different of course, but what gets me is the security. Wont let you into certain folders, like Docs and Settings. Anyway there were a few hick ups nothing really to bad just going to take some getting used to is all. Need to start reading up on this OS if were going to start supporting it. It was fun messing around with it. Oh and sitting at a desktop it was using about 47 percent of the ram at all times...what a pig. We slapped in another 1gig stick. LOL.

Almuric
02-01-2007, 10:12 AM
nice, RAM hog. I've been holding off on it myself, but I think I might put it on a spare PC just to get familiar. My current plans are to wait for the next version of Windows after Vista. :P

Bushwacker
02-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Ya ok well good luck with that...:roll: