Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Rod of Lordly Might. [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Rod of Lordly Might.

Protoss119
01-17-2007, 05:19 PM
You've heard of the Rod of Lordly Might in the PnP DnD 3.5 DM Guide, right? Acts like a +2 mace, can change into a +1 Flaming Longsword, +4 Battleaxe, or +3 Short/Longspear? Very useful little thing to have around. So what if it were adapted to EB as an item in the Epic Shops?

All you'd have to do is add Unique Powers (Self Only) that transform the rod. It's pretty simple to do...it's possible to do it even with Lilac Soul's Script Generator.

Now comes the problem of which weapon's better. Obviously, the +4 battleaxe is stronger than the +3 spear and the +1 flaming longsword. Hows about adding something like Level Drain/Ability Drain/Poison to the spear and adding additional divine damage/increasing fire damage to the longsword to even it out?

Just my thoughts.

Almuric
01-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Why would we want to put in something so powerful? And of course I remember the original Rod from the first ruleset. It even turned into ladder. :)

Protoss119
01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
If I remember correctly, it was also able to cast Hold Person, but I don't remember much beyond that. I'll have to read up on it again.

...Because we need more diversity in weapons/armor, like JYAP said? If the Epic Forge is still in production, you could drop it in there once it's done.

Almuric
01-18-2007, 01:41 PM
not hold person, domination.

Protoss119
01-18-2007, 03:55 PM
DM Guide 3.5 says Hold Person upon touch if the wielder so commands (Will Save DC 14 Negates).

It also has a Fear effect upon all enemies viewing it, if the wielder so desires. Will Save DC 16 Negates.

For the Hold Person and Fear effects, just give them 1 cast per day.

Almuric
01-18-2007, 06:11 PM
stupid 3.5 rules. I'm talking about the original rules. :)

Protoss119
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
I know. You're a first-edition man, I respect that. ^_^