Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Oh man I went and done it. [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Oh man I went and done it.

Bushwacker
10-17-2006, 02:08 PM
I finally ordered me a new monitor. My old ViewSonic P815 is getting replaced. The good news is the new one is awesome,
the bad news is it kinda put dent in my wallet. :erm: So which one did Bush get heh, I went with the Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP Wide-Screen.
Cant wait to hook this bad boy up and start rockin on the games.;)

Almuric
10-17-2006, 02:35 PM
Awesome! I see more and more folks go for the widescreen.

You already know I went the dual-lcd route instead. :)

Bushwacker
10-17-2006, 09:24 PM
Yeah I remember you talking about that. It was two 19" mon's right. 38 inch's of blis hoot... I thought about doing the same thing, but I dont care for the split in the middle. I have the same setup at work and it works great for working with apps but when I play a game like UT or COD it bothers me. It would of probably cost me less if I went the other way but I just couldnt do it.

Almuric
10-18-2006, 07:21 AM
I did it for NWN 2 (using the toolset to build maps). I usually stick to one screen when I'm gaming and leave chat windows up on the other.

Bushwacker
10-18-2006, 09:01 AM
ah ha... good idea. :D

Almuric
10-18-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm about to the point that I want games to start coming in "windowed" mode by default. I'm going to try and convert all my current games to run in a window since I have the processing and video muscle to do that now.

Bushwacker
10-18-2006, 01:08 PM
Sounds nice, except that would take away some screen realestate. I can’t be having that. At least not in a FPS game unless the gfx are horrid, then I wouldnt care. Or playing some older games like Quake III: Unreal Tourament: or something like that.

Almuric
10-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Yeah of course! The newer FPS games are widescreen "aware" and give you more peripheral vision of the enemy (this actually sounds unfair to those who cant afford a widescreen :P ).

Bushwacker
10-20-2006, 08:23 PM
oh man I get to pick it up in the morning

Almuric
10-20-2006, 08:29 PM
I was about to ask if it had come in yet. :)

Bushwacker
10-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Yeah Ive been tracking it. As soon as it hit the terminal I called them and said I would be there first thing in the morning to pick up. Otherwise I would have to wait untill Monday. Screw that.:D

Almuric
10-21-2006, 09:25 AM
I didnt know you could go and grab stuff at the terminal on weekends.

Bushwacker
10-21-2006, 11:21 PM
I didnt either untill I called. Freaking aholes lied to me though. I got there to pick it up today and the dumb bit*h said it wasnt there and it was still in En Rout the stinking tracking number said its there at the door. And to top it all off, I was there waiting a 5 mins till 9 which is when there supposed to open. Well they didnt open till 9:20 almost made me late for work. Tell you what, I was steaming when I left and stayed that way for most of the day.:angry:

Almuric
10-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Hate to hear that. Guess you'll have it monday.

I see you playing around with the fonts alot on Trogworld. Probably cause the default one is hard to read. Just wanted to let you know it'll be fixed soon as I'll be updating to that kick ass Medieval theme I've been talking about soon. :)

Bushwacker
10-22-2006, 09:39 AM
Sweet bro cant wait. Going to look killer.:anihappy:

Bushwacker
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
WOW WOW WOW It's in and everything looks amazing. Able to run CS and CoD 2 at 1920x1200 no tearing, ghosting or anything bad that I can tell so far. Running smooth baby smooth. Will have to check out some other games soon. Getting late now and still have a butt load of homework to do.:sad: :-( :sad:

Almuric
10-24-2006, 07:58 AM
Excellent!

Gotta love Bush staying up too late playing with his new monitor and not doing his homework. :P