Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Interesting Opinion About MMOs [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Opinion About MMOs

Almuric
09-11-2006, 12:38 PM
At 2006 Austin Game Conference BioWare lead combat designer Damion Schubert expressed his opinion about why all the MMOs seem to be the same. It's a good read over at GameSpot - http://www.gamespot.com/news/6157385.html

Protoss119
09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Yeah, MMOs could have a little variety. The only MMO I've played is Star Wars: Galaxies, but still.

JYAP
09-11-2006, 07:18 PM
(doesn't click link)

They really are all the same. Name ONE game where's it not "Go to point A,kill shit,go to Point B,kill shit after you leveled past Point A." PvP and such is irrelevant,as you need to do the above to compete.

The best ones were City of Heroes and Anarchy Online. CoH had so much coolness,being able to make your own superhero...Too bad their item system sucks. Anarchy Online is like the only non-Star Wars futuristic MMORPG,but it was WAY too mission-centric for my tastes. Being able to make your character pretty much anything was cool. You could have a Doctor that totes a energy rifle around,or a Bureaucrat with a baseball bat.

So really,I frown upon MMORPGs. Especially EQ. I pray to God He set a special place aside for that game.