Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
A few problems I can see so far [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : A few problems I can see so far

Narf[LB]
10-12-2003, 01:08 PM
1. Protection from elements. This spell pretty much makes certain spells worthless... for clerics whose spell dmg is pathetic compared to mages, it makes EVERY spell worthless. Clerics have very few spell slots and when a lvl 4 (?) spell that can be recast easily nullifies up to 3 initial spells... now when a sorcerer has so many spell slots, they can easily out last any cleric in spellcasting. As well with this, fighters are barely effected at all... and this isn't only a problem for vs mages, a mage can easily cast and re-apply this to everyone on his team making a spellcasting cleric the most worthless thing you can think of.

2. Low lvls. I have probably the highest HP of any lvl 10, but I don't have the slightest chance against higher lvl mages... it's impossible for me to survive let alone lvl. GODs v4 was nice because lvl 15 allowed for a good char of any type and no one would be so powerful comparitively... but here, there can be a 10 lvl difference. I quit playing GODs because I can't take it... first off a lvl 5 caster cleric is pretty much free xp... and I just don't have 24/7 to lvl to 20... I won't be able to do it on here either.

I can't suggest anyway to change them because these are problems created with the mod that I don't even know if you want to change them...

P.S. Before I get any replies saying I just have a cheesy build and I want it to be all powerful, stop and think. I do 15-50 dmg every 3 or so seconds... in that time a fighter can deal 150+, a mage can deal 150+, etc. My cleric isn't even cheesy by far... if you have EVER played GODs EVER you know how annoying it is to just run into a cleric who has high AC, high spell resist and all he does is heal and res his allies... I can do that too. Or I could make a battle cleric better than Alucard's, or an arcane archer cleric... there are inferno clerics too... all of these are WAY more effective vs the general populus than my cleric is... all of these clerics are the ones people complain about 24/7 on GODs, and not without reason.

Genocide
10-12-2003, 03:02 PM
Like all protective spells Narf, you need to dispel the spells around your target. A mage can be nigh unhittable unless he/she is dispelled. Dispel Magic will solve that issue for you.