Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Alphus - Yet another forum game [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Alphus - Yet another forum game

Protoss119
07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
This is a game I thought up based on JYAP's tank game (GODDAMMIT, GIVE IT A TITLE! Jk) and...blah blah blah. You'll find at the end that much of the credit will go to JYAP anyway. Read & Weep.

Alphus

Forum game by Protoss119

This game sort of works like JYAP’s tank game, except we’re dealing with a good space battle. I got this idea while playing a flash game (and soon after playing ST: Armada 2 as the Federation). Anyway, let’s go over the basic concept.

Ships

There are a few terms to the stats of your ship. These are:

HP: Need I go over this?
Armor: This acts the same as HP except it takes all the damage from a particular weapon. When that happens, all damage done to HP counts as 1. However, like HP, Armor can be depleted and thus the ship takes normal damage.
Speed: The number of spaces a starship can move. Navigation will be explained later.
$<number>: If you haven’t figured this out yet, it’s because you’re either a newb or a retard. This is money in case you don’t understand English. Players start out with $1200 to spend on chassis designs, weapons, etc.

First off, before you can start playing, you need a ship. Three chassis selections are available. More expensive chassis designs will cost you more, but will open up more opportunities…to survive. Available ships:

Gunship – The fastest chassis design – odd for a gunship design but wait till you see everything else – and with a good weapon slot compliment but lacks armor & HP. 90 HP, 25 Armor, 7 Speed, comes with 5 weapon slots and as a starting weapon a Plasma Cannon. $200

Corvette – A cheap, all-around ship design. 120 HP, 50 armor, 4 speed, comes with 3 weapon slots and as starting weapons 2 Plasma Cannons. $250

Frigate – Slow & heavily armored with the most weapon slots out of all of them. Because of the extreme slowness, it gets a +1 range bonus to all weapons. 150 HP, 60 Armor, 1 Speed, comes with 7 weapon slots and as starting weapons a Plasma Cannon & a Rocket Launcher. $350

Weapons

OK. I bet you have no clue about the weapons, so let’s go over them, shall we?

Terms:

Damage: What are you, stoopid?! I does not need to goes over this!
Heat: Let’s face it, weapons generate heat. This is the amount of heat that it generates. When the heat score reaches 150, the ship has to shut down until the heat score reaches at most 75. Heat goes down by 10 per turn +5 per heat sink (explained later), so for the most basic weapons, you should have no heat problems.
Cooldown: The amount of time for a weapon to, well, cool down after it has been fired or reload. Usually, it takes place after the weapon has been fired, but in terms of weapons like the CML, it doesn’t take place until all readied missiles have been fired.
Range: The range of the weapon, as in you have to be at most X squares to fire it. Frigates get a +1 bonus to the range on all weapons.

OK, so you’re already bored. THE WEAPONS!

Plasma Cannon – A basic, rapid-firing weapon. Fires 4 shots at once. 3 damage per shot, 2 heat (per 2 shots), Cooldown 1 turn, Range 2. $100

“Long Gun” Laser – A sort of laser sniper rifle. Low heat, ton ‘o damage, very good range. 25 damage, 2 heat, Cooldown 3 turns, Range 5. $350

Rocket Launcher: Basic explosive launcher. Hellish damage, but suffers from cooldown and pretty high heat for a basic weapon. 30 damage, 8 heat, Cooldown 5 turns, Range 4. $300

Controlled Missile Launcher (CML): Not-so-basic weapon. Allows you to fire up to 5 missiles a turn. Cooldown doesn’t take place until all 5 missiles have been fired. 6 damage per missile, 5 heat per missile, Cooldown 2 turns, Range 2. $400

Greater Plasma Cannon – Better then your average Plasma Cannon. Fires 8 shots at once. 3 damage per shot, 2 heat (per 2 shots), Cooldown 1 turn, Range 3. $200

Plasma Launcher – Unlike the Plasma Cannon, this weapon just fires 1 big bolt of plasma, doing heavy damage. Suffers from Cooldown & Heat. 50 damage, 30 heat, Cooldown 6 turns, Range 3. $500

Ion Cannon – Does a bit of damage and disables one of the target’s weapons for 3 turns. 10 damage, 12 heat, Cooldown 2 turns, Range 4. $450

I’ll be thinking of more. In the meantime…

Upgrades

Let’s face it: everyone wants a freaking powerful ship. Well, I have good news for you: that’s quite possible. Not only in the form of having a ton of weapons of mass destruction, but also in upgrading your ship. The costs of upgrades keep going up the more you get, which is why it is monitored with Levels. Upgrades:

HP Upgrade: No level limit. Adds +5 HP. $200 +$50 per upgrade.
Armor Upgrade: No level limit. Adds +3 Armor. $200 +$50 per upgrade.
Engine Upgrade: Maximum level 3. Adds 1 to Speed. $300 +$75 per upgrade.
Heat Sink Upgrade: Maximum level 10. Adds 1 heat sink which takes off 5 heat per turn in addition to the normal 10. $200 +$25 per upgrade.

And if you truly want a ton of weapons, we have Chassis upgrades too. Chassis upgrades save you weapon slots by giving you weapons that take up no said weapon slots. However, you can only have 1. Once you get a Chassis upgrade, you can’t get another.

Plasma Cannon upgrade: Gives your ship 3 additional Plasma Cannons. $500.

Rocket Launcher upgrade: Gives your ship 3 additional Rocket Launchers. $1000.

More coming soon with the weapons.

Text block'd/10.

Protoss119
07-24-2006, 08:30 AM
Navigation

This is the part that I like most: the game runs on a 3d board. That is to say, you can actually move in 3 dimensions. You see, there are 2 boards: an X board and a Y board. The X board is just like the game board in JYAP’s tank game. The Y board, however, allows you to go up & down as well as left and right.

Because of this dual-board gameplay mode, you get speed points each turn based on your speed. Spend these speed points on the X and Y boards. For example:

X board:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][A][][][][][][][A][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][A][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][A][][][][][][A][][][][][][][P][][][]
[][][][][A][][][][][][][][A][][][][][][][]

Y board:

[][][][A][][][][][][][A][][][][][P][][][][]
[][][][][][][][A][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][A][][][][][][A][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][A][][][][][][][][A][][][][][][][]

As you can see, the X board determines Protoss’s actual location, and the Y board determines how far up he is. Say he has 5 speed points. He could use 2 on the X board to go up on it and 3 on the Y board to go down on it.

Terms:

A = Asteroid. Asteroids are basically roadblocks that can be blasted out of the way when needed. They have 40 HP & 5 armor.
B = Big asteroid. Unlike normal asteroids, these are freakin’ huge and pretty hard to blast (although not impossible). They have 120 HP & 500 armor.
H = Black Hole. Any ship below 30 HP 2 spaces away from the Black Hole gets sucked into it, counting as it getting blown up.
W = Wormhole. These cosmic gadgets (Jeez, ain’t I imaginative? :P) allow you to transit from 1 wormhole to another upon moving into it. The ship emerges 1 space near the wormhole that it came out of.
N = Nebula. These have varying effects, from repairing or damaging the ship in it to increasing the speed, disabling specific weapons, etc. They usually cover a large scale of the battlefield, so don’t be surprised if you see a field of Ns.
S = Starbird Pirates. This notorious group of space pirates comes in all shapes and sizes. Expect them in the battlefield at times. Package comes in gunships, corvettes, or frigates and they always go last.

Combat

Ah, yes, you’ve all been waiting for this…or have you? Anyway, here’s how combat works. Well, maybe you already know. Or do you? Anywho…

You have to be facing the opponent from the north, south, east, west, or any diagonal to fire (save for frigates) on both the X and Y boards. For example:

X board:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][E][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][P][][][]

Y board:

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][P][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][E][][][][][]

Protoss is in range to attack. It should be noted that even though you can only fire 1 weapon per turn, if you have 2 or more of the same weapon, you can fire them all. This increases damage, but you also risk more in the sense of heat.

Finally, Range both the X and Y boards. Of course, you’re gonna be in range to use most of these weapons anyway, so…

That covers everything. Enjoy the game!

Note: Much of this game is based off of JYAP’s tank game. Therefore, he gets a big wad of credit for this.

Protoss119
07-25-2006, 11:12 AM
New concept: Ramming. At point-blank range, if the ship isn't a fighter, a ship can ram into another ship, doing...

10 damage if Fighter (blows up the Fighter)
20 damage if Gunship
40 damage if Corvette
80 damage if Frigate

Beware of the recoil; ramming does half damage to you & full damage to the target.

MORE WEAPONS!

Some from friends.

JYAP's Armory:

"Repeater" Laser: Can fire up to 20 shots,each dealing 2 damage and generating 1 heat. Every turn 2 shots recharge. Range 3,$550

Afterburner Missile: Fires a missile that locks on to an opponent and chases it for 3 turns. It moves 2 spaces on the first one,3 on the second,and 4 on the third. 25 damage,10 heat,range 9,3 turn cool. $600

8-way Rocket: Shoots 8 rockets from your ship for some breathing room. 8 damage,8 heat,range 2,3 turn cool. $350

Shock Blaster: An electric shock that disables a ship's movement. 3 damage,12 heat,range 2,4 turn cool. $400

Laser: A standard issue laser. 3 damage,1 heat,range 4,0 turn cool. $50

Laser Array: Three lasers grouped together. Triple damage and heat of Laser. $200

New Ship: Fighter: A small agile ship. Easy to produce. 35 HP, 15 Armor,10 Speed,3 weapon slots,and comes with a Laser. 2 for $200. (Toss's notes: Cannot be rammed.)

Laser Upgrade: Adds 3 Lasers to your chassis. $300

Laser Array Upgrade: Adds 3 Laser Arrays to your chassis. $650

Halfwing's Armory:

Explosive Cargo: BOOM! Does 300 damage on impact (ram), blowing up the target & the user. $900

Laser Hull: This weapon can be turned on/off. While on, it generates 5 heat per turn. Ramming somebody while it's on does 50 (and 25 to yourself XD) additional damage. Cooldown does not occur until it is turned off/the ship shuts down. Cooldown 2 turns. $600

Reinforced Hull: Strengthens the hull of the ship, doing an extra 25 damage while ramming. (Note: You'll do 12 damage to yourself upon ramming. XD) $400

Mining Laser: Instantly destroys an Asteroid no matter what its status. Does 50 armor damage to Big Asteroids. You get $1 for each asteroid destroyed at the end of the round and $25 for each big asteroid at the end of the round. 1 damage (to ships), 1 heat, 4 range, cooldown 1 turn, $25

Mining Laser Upgrade: Adds 3 mining lasers to your chassis. $100.

Pulse Laser: Every turn, it automatically fires at all ships within its range, but doesn't harm HP until Armor is depleted. 1 damage, 2 range, 2 heat per shot, $75.

JYAP
07-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Argh. I can't wrap my head on the Y board concept. Scrap that entirely and just put a number next to the ship stating how high he is.

However,I like everything else. And if you give me credit and my other game is dead(expect lava spawns at your house Halfwing),I would be really rude to not join.

(doesn't join)
(but it's Opposite Day)

Chassis: Gunship(-$200)
Name: Channeler
Weapons: 1+3 Plasma Cannons(chassis upgrade,-$500),Plasma Launcher(-$500)
Crew(CAUSE I SAID SO N00B) :
Captain: Odin
Weapons: Ifrit
Engineering: Ramuh
Sensors: Shiva
Piloting: Lich
Security: Diablos
Science: Pandaemona

Current HP: 90
Current Armor: 25
Current Heat: 0
Cooling Value: 10
Current Speed: 7
Current Cash: $0
Current Status: Start the game already!

And because your lineup sucks...

"Repeater" Laser: Can fire up to 20 shots,each dealing 2 damage and generating 1 heat. Every turn 2 shots recharge. Range 3,$550

Afterburner Missile: Fires a missile that locks on to an opponent and chases it for 3 turns. It moves 2 spaces on the first one,3 on the second,and 4 on the third. 25 damage,10 heat,range 9,3 turn cool. $600

8-way Rocket: Shoots 8 rockets from your ship for some breathing room. 8 damage,8 heat,range 2,3 turn cool. $350

Shock Blaster: An electric shock that disables a ship's movement. 3 damage,12 heat,range 2,4 turn cool. $400

Laser: A standard issue laser. 3 damage,1 heat,range 4,0 turn cool. $50

Laser Array: Three lasers grouped together. Triple damage and heat of Laser. $200

New Ship: Fighter: A small agile ship. Easy to produce. 35 HP, 15 Armor,10 Speed,3 weapon slots,and comes with a Laser. 2 for $200.

Laser Upgrade: Adds 3 Lasers to your chassis. $300

Laser Array Upgrade: Adds 3 Laser Arrays to your chassis. $650

I'm done.

Protoss119
07-28-2006, 10:40 PM
~sigh~ Did I NOT just say I was adding more weapons as we go on? Blech, updating.

At any rate, the Y board is really not that heard to understand. Just put them together in your mind, like some sort of room. The X is the floor, the Y is the wall, and your ship is just floating there. Putting a number on the ship to show how high it is is really no different from the Y board. Yet...come to think of it, your right. Bah, I'll get more results from Halfwing if he ever shows up.

~Because it's opposite day, it is now NOT opposite day~

Finally, I need to fix the BlackBird Pirates. B is Big Asteroid, but it is also BlackBird Pirates, which I need to fix.

Because I made the game, I get $50000000000.

Just kidding.

Start: $1200

Chassis: Frigate, -$350

$850 remaining.

Bah, I'll buy an Ion Cannon. $-450.

$400 remaining.

Now I'll grab 2 Greater Plasma Cannons. $-400.

End: $0

HP: 150
Armor: 60
Heat: 0
Cooling Value: 10
Current Speed: 1 (+1 Range bonus to all weapons)
Rocket Launcher: 5/5. Ready.
Plasma Cannon: 1/1. Ready.
Greater Plasma Cannon: 1/1. Ready.
Greater Plasma Cannon: 1/1. Ready.
Ion Cannon: 2/2. Ready.

Ship Name: Krull Kullen
Crew:
Captain: Supreme Director Mezzat
Weapons: Zeron
Engineering: Vagadore
Sensors: Salsovan
Piloting: Kel Driver
Security: Teron Malice
Science: The Savant

BTW, I feel I need to nerf the Ion Cannon's effect to 2 turns. With cooldown like that, the player could just shoot the enemy over and over again and keep disabling his weapons, which is annoying. Also, Blackbird Pirates are now Starbird Pirates so the characters make sense now.

THE BATTLEFIELD!

X Board:

[][][][][][][][N][][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][A][][][N][N][N][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][N][N][][][][][][][][][][]
[][P][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][J][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][A][][][][][]
[][][][][][A][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Y Board:

[][][][][][][N][N][N][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][N][N][][][][][A][][][][][][]
[][P][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][J][]
[][][][A][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

For the Y board, the doodads on the X board stay in the same place left or right-wise, but they'll either go up or down depending on how high they are.

JYAP
07-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I STILL can't wrap my head around the Y-board concept. Go with my idea. Much simpler and does the same thing.

And if the game is started,then assumably it's my turn because my ship is lighter.

X Board:

[][][][][][][][][N][N][][J][][][][][][][][]
[][P][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Y Board:

[][][][][][][N][N][N][][][][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][N][N][][][][][A][][][][][][]
[][P][][][][][][][][][][J][][][][][][][][]
[][][][A][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

Not sure on my movement on the Y board. Assistance please.

Protoss119
07-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Yeh, you're prolly right.

Elevation of Asteroid 1 (Top Left): 3
Elevation of Asteroid 2 (Bottom Left): 6
Elevation of Asteroid 3 (Bottom Right): 2
JYAP's Elevation: 4
Toss's Elevation: 4
Elevation Cap: 7

[][P][][][][][][][N][N][][J][][][][][][][][]

Toss's Elevation: Still 4

Halfwingseen
07-29-2006, 08:46 PM
Okay boys the moment you been waitin for *joins*
IM assuming portoss is using the shit CD of JYAP
So here it goes
Frigate - 350
Selling rockets and plasma + 400
Buying laser array upgrade - 650
1000 Left
buying 5 laser arrays - 1000
Total weapons
8 Laser arrays
Total HP 150
Total Armor: 60
Total Speed: 1
Total Crew ( haha ): NONE ( GHOSTSHIP )
Total Name: Phantasm
Total damage per turn: 72
Total Heat Per Turn: 24
Total Turns of damage until shutdown: 5 ( on the 6th turn of firing i shut down )
total damage ( including 6th turn ): 432
Total Ships left alive : 0
Total # of Totals: 14
Goodday :)
Wlevation of Asteroid 1 (Top Left): 3
Half's Elevation: 4

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][N][N][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][J][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][H][ ]
Half's Height is now 5
P.S. I put spaces in the squares to make it more organized

Weapon Design: Explosive Cargo ( only fired when ship blows up or when "rammed" or "ramming" ) damage 300 ( kills firing ship ) heat N/A Cooldown N/A Range 3
Laser Hull: Makes the Hull of the SHip have a Laser Lining allong the ship to ram Damage: 50 ( 10 if being rammed ) Heat ( weapon turned on and off ) 50 a turn when on and 5 a turn when off Range (max): 2 range ( MIN ): 2 (moves the ship ajacent to the target ) Cooldown 1 Turn ( may not be turned off/on during cooldown and cooldown starts after turned on ( basically u hit 150 heat if you fire anything else for 3 turns ) Cost: $700
Reinforced Hull: Makes the Hull of the Ship Super Strong allowing it to Ram Damage : 25 Damage Heat N/A Range (max): 2 range ( MIN ): 2 ( moves ship ajacent to target ) Cooldown 3 turns cost:$700
Mining Laser: A Mining Laser: Damage:1 Cooldown 0 Heat: 0 2 of them take up 1 weapon slot range:1 Cost: $5 Special: kills asteroids Instantly Ship gains $1 for each Small one
Mining Upgrade: $1200 10 mining lasers + 2 more weapon Slots + 2 Large Mining Lasers + Pulse Laser
Large Mining Laser: a Large Mining Laser Damage: 1 cooldown 0 Heat 1 ( 3 of them take up 2 Weapon Slots ) Range 2 Cost 15$ Special: kills Larger Asteroids + asteroids Instantly Ship gains $5 for each large asteroid and $1 for each Small one
Pulse Laser: A Pulse Laser: Damage 1 ( fires automatically every ships turn at everything in range) Range 3 Cost $100

Protoss119
07-29-2006, 08:59 PM
You can't sell your weapons. Plus...

$1200
$850
+400
$1250
-500 (NOT 650!)
$750
-$250

Rebuild your ship. And it's PROTOSS. PROTOSS, dammit, or TOSS for short.

EDIT: I meant to say "you can't sell your starting weapons" sorry.

JYAP
07-30-2006, 08:12 AM
Errrr,Toss,that's kinda dumb. Dumber than wisp rushing.

Protoss119
07-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Starting weapons that come with the ship don't take up any weapon slots, & they're free. Why do you think it's dumb that we can't sell them?

JYAP
07-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Because you didn't mention that. I thought they took up a slot.

Halfwingseen
07-30-2006, 11:30 AM
Its Dumb Because With a Frigate your screwedyou can fire only 1 weapon type a turn and frigate starts with plasma cannon and missile launcher ( 2 different types ) thus even with the added hull its useless vs the starting 2 plasmas :/
and your right i did bad math *pokes eye out*

-frigate
+400
Now for weapons
*buys 8 fighters*
450 left
*buys 9 lasers*
*puts 1 laser on the frigate and 1 on each of the fighters*
All Fighters:
2 Lasers
Frigate:
1 Laser

Elevation of Asteroid 1 (Top Left): 3
Half's Flagship Elevation: 3
Half's Fighter1 Elevation: 7
Half's Fighter2 Elevation: 4
Half's Fighter3 Elevation: 4
Half's Fighter4 Elevation: 3
Half's Fighter5 Elevation: 6
Half's Fighter6 Elevation: 5
Half's Fighter7 Elevation: 4
Half's Fighter8 Elevation: 4

[ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][N][N][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][J][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF][HF][HF][HF][HF]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF][HF][HF][HF][H][HF]

and now the moves
[ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][N][N][N][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF5][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][J+HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][][][H][ ]
Every fighter fires at JYAP
16 Lasers 48 Damage Each ship gains 2 heat
JYAP Armor = 0
JYAP HP = 51
JYAP ur turn ^^

JYAP
07-30-2006, 12:51 PM
The lasers and fighters were official? Whatever.

I fire on the frigate. If I can't reach,I move within the longest range possible and use every weapon on Halfwing. 98 damage. Now shut up.

Halfwingseen
07-30-2006, 01:49 PM
*looks at jyaps move points and corrects his movements* if jyap moves as close as he can the map looks like this
[ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 2][ 1][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 3][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ 4][5 ][ 6][ J][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][H][ ]
JYAP is 6 squares form me ( including height )
Thus protoss move ( ur move doesnt really matter but nxt turn i blow up jyaps ship if he moves there

Protoss119
07-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Actually, Halfwing, I stated in the rulebook that if you have 2 or more of the same weapon, you can fire all weapons of the said name. Since the Frigate has a bunch of weapon slots, there's room for a bunch of the same weapon, not to mention chassis upgrades.

Note: I found that I needed to name my ship; it will be the Krull Kullen.

[][][][A][][][N][N][N][][][][][HF5][][][][][][]
[][][P][][][][][][N][N][][HF1][][][][HF3][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][][HF4][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][][][][][]
[][][][][][A][][][][][][][][J][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][HF2][][][][][][H][]

$50 for each weapon/etc for each weapon will be given to both of you at the end of the round. As well, the winner gets $500 at the end of the round. Noting that, all players will gain $250 for each ship they destroy in combat, including Starbird Pirates.

There seems to be a lot of this that I didn't mention. I'm hoping for this to be the last of them. Don't worry, most will be in your favor.

Weapon Approvals:

Explosive Cargo: Hmm. Put this on a lot of fighters and watch the fireworks. Approved.

Laser Hull: Approved.

Reinforced Hull: Approved.

Mining Laser: What I don't like is the $1 reward you get for blowing up an asteroid with it. Money doesn't grow on trees nor asteroids, right? At any rate, semi-approved. Maybe I'll make it so the $1-per-asteroid reward comes at the end of the round.

Mining Upgrade: OVERPOWERED. I'll nerf it. Semi-Approved.

Large Mining Laser: ACK! Needs to be nerfed. Disapproved.

Pulse Laser: Looks good to me. The only thing is, since every damage done to Armor counts as 1 to HP, it would be as if the ship had no armor. Approved.

JYAP
07-30-2006, 07:50 PM
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][J+N][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][P][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][N][N][ ][HF1][ ][ ][ ][HF3][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF4][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF6][HF8][HF7][A][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][HF2][ ][ ][ ][][][H][ ]

Retreat...

Halfwingseen
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Weapon Ideas while waiting for toss to move

AutoCannon(plasma): Fires 1 plasma burst at all ships in range automatically ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire) range: see plasma cannon Damage: see plasma Cannon Heat: see plasma Cannon Price $100

AutoCannon(Laser) Fires a laser at all nearby ships in range auto ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire ) range: see laser Damage: see laser Heat: see laser Price $200

AutoCannon(Mining) fires a mining Laser at all nearby Ships in range ( does not count as the 1 weapon u can fire ) range : see mining laser damage see mining laser heat see mining laser ( takes up twice a smuch room as a mining laser ) Prise: $75

EchoCannon: Fires a Burst of Sonic Energy Damage: 30 ( that ship takes 5 damage(per echocannon) on its next turn as an Echo ) Range: 3 Heat: 5 Cooldown:2 Price $300

Black Hole Generator: Creates a black hole that prevents all weapons from working the the projectile ( or light beam ) comes within 1 square of the blackhole also any ship caught in it may no longer move and takes 5 Damage a second ( black hole lasts until the users next turn ) Cooldown 5 heat: 30 Range: 3 Price $500

Asteroid Shield: ( creates a large Asteroid Around target ( may be self ) That target Cannot Move and if the Asteroid is killed ( except by mining laser or from inside ) the ships armor takes 20 damage All damage is done to the asteroid not the ship within Lasts: until killed
Cooldown 4 Turns ( weapons inide the asteroid may not target anythign ooutside the asteroid ( except Generators and shields ) ( thus you can asteroid yourself and another at the same time ) Heat: 15 Price $500

Void Generators: Bends space dealing 40 damage to target space and 20 to each space to the top/left/right/bottom of the target area (fires 4 squares awya in each direction) ( affects all hieghts )Cooldown: 5 turns Heat: -20 ( removes 20 heat ) Causes the ship
that used it not to move(but may fire) for its next turn price: $600

Fleet: 20 Drones ( 5 hp 5 armor ships with 2 Speed and equipped with a autocannon:mining Laser ) for $1750

Explosive Fleet: 20 Drones Equiped with Explosive Cargo and the ability to detonate ones self ( does not deal full explosive cargo damage deals 10 damage to the ship that it explodes against ) for $2000

Laser Battery: Damage: 75 Range 4 Heat: 20 Cooldown 0 ( but may not be fired while charging and charges for 1 turn ( the ship must remian in range and the firing ship may move before firing ) Price: $750

HellBomb: Damage 200: Range 2 AoE: everything 2 squares in any dircetion from the target Heat: 160 ( basically u can only use one)
( does its damage only to ships that are unable to move ( not including your ship ) Cooldown : 7 Price: $900

Targetting Computer: Increases Range of all weapons by 1 ( may only have one ) Price: $1500

Lead Missiles: (may be used with Other Missiles when firing )Fires a missile that targets thier engines making the ship unable to move until 2 turns heat: 5 Cooldown 4 Range 3 Price: $450
Ship: Battleship
HP: 300
Armor: 500
Speed:0
Weapon Slots: 20
Starting Weapon things: 4 Fighters and 10 Drones + 1 Laser Battery
Price $7500

JYAP
07-30-2006, 08:43 PM
I will not be outdone!

Lightning Barrier: Creates a shield of lightning around your ship that damages everything on contact for 10 damage per turn and gives a permanent 5 armor. Range 0,5 heat per turn on,no CD. $1000

Repulsor Bolt: Shoots a blast that does no damage but sends the target backwards 3 spaces in the direction the shot came from. If the object hits another object,both take 20 damage. Range 4,10 heat,5 turn CD. $900

Repulsor Shield: Something similiar to the repulsor bolt in shield form. Sends enemies 2 spaces backwards on contact. Also blocks the first shot of multi-hit weapons. Range 0,7 heat/turn,0 turn CD. $1100

Tractor Beam: Pulls a target from afar up to 3 spaces towards(but not into) your ship. Because of the nature of this,you can move asteroids around for strategic blocking,or pull an enemy into another's range. Range 8,10 heat,4 turn CD. $850

Point Defense Rifle: More of a gadget. When activated,shoots down a missile attacking you. 2 heat,2 turn CD. $100

Mine: Drops a mine behind you that deals 40 damage when someone passes by it. 0 heat,5 turn CD. $500

Mine Shooter: Shoots the mine up to 3 spaces ahead. 6 turn CD,$650.

Black Hole Generator 2.0: Creates a black hole at a location 3 spaces ahead. The process destroys the weapon for the round and damages the ship using it for 50 damage. 30 heat. $2500

Nebula Generator: Spreads 3 Nebula spaces out in front of you. Only has enough gases for one shot. 25 heat. $2200

JYAP Laser(lol): Fires a laser that goes through everything in the way. Range infinite,35 damage,80 heat,8 turn CD. $3500

Noob Attractor: When shot out,in 3 turns,5 Noobs(Spacebird Pirates)arrive on the map. 10 heat. $1200

Gravity Well: Oneshot,when used,a gravity well appears at the center. Everything(except nebulas)is pulled in 2 spaces into the well each turn. Colliding asteroids are outright destroyed. Colliding ships take 35 damage. Lasts 5 turns.

Armor Piercing Laser: Weak laser,but pierces armor and damages the ship anyways. 5 damage,5 heat,1 turn CD. $350

TAKE THAT!

Halfwingseen
07-30-2006, 11:06 PM
Dummy Asteroid makes an asteroid at target CD: 1 heat: 5 Range 4 Price $300
Laser Wall Creates an inpenetrable wall between 2 asteroids that after taking 30 damage falls any ships colliding with it take 10 damage CD NONE ( once per wall ) heat NONE price: $150
Trip Mine: Makes a Beam "|" between 2 asteroids that when tripped causes the ship tripping it to take 20 damage Range:2 Cooldown: 3 heat NONE Price $300
Wormhole Drive: Once per fight may move an infinite number o spaces Cooldown once heat= 0 price: $800
Acid Shot: ( fires 2 shots ) each shot deals 1 damage to hull but 10 to armor (even after armor gone just does 1 damage to hull) Cooldown 1 heat: 10 Range 3 price: $250
Fusion Core: Allows the ship to contain Fusion Reactions: Price $750( not set them off )
Fusion Generator: Creates a fusion reaction that when target ship dies in a nebula creates a star which does 50 damage to everything on the map and expands from the nebula 1 space a turn any ship touching the star dies cooldown 10 turns range infinite cost: $1200 heat: 140
Sacrifice Detonator: blows the ship causing a Chain reaction instantly killing everything around it which causes another chain reaction killing eveyrthign around it ect ect ect into infinity: Cooldown...DOH! range DOH! heat DOH! price: $3000
Flashbeam: disables target weapon Cooldown 1 range 2 heat 50 price $300

JYAP
07-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Gotta beat 9...

Frost Coater: Shoots a spray of frost at the enemy ship,slowing it down by 2 spaces. Can stack. Range 5,0 heat(IT SHOOTS FROST!),3 turn CD. $200

Internal Frost Generator: Eliminates 20 heat,but slows your ship by 2 spaces. Excessive use(past 3 uses)will have a chance of freezing the ship,disabling it entirely. Range 0,-20 heat,0 turn CD. $300

Magnet Shot: Shoots a magnet on the target which attracts asteroids. Moves the asteroids by 2 spaces towards the ship,and if they hit,the asteroid dies and the ship takes 30 damage. Range 5,5 heat,4 turn CD. $400

The Legendary Photon Torpedo: WEWT! Fires a photon torp at the enemy. 55 damage,25 heat,6 turn CD. $750

Parasite Laser: A freakish laser that,when it hits,deals 1 damage to the ship constantly. Can stack for some ugly results. 15 heat,3 turn CD. $800

Nanite Cannon: Shoots a batch of nanines at the enemy ship. If the armor is still active,the nanines deal a pitiful 1 damage. If the armor is off,the nanites deal 30 damage and off-line an entire weapon batch for three times the weapon's cooldown. 25 heat,6 turn CD. $900

Shield: Generates a 50 HP shield. If kept on too long(past 5 turns),will explode and deal half the shield's damage directly to the ship,skipping armor. 10 heat/turn,0 turn CD. $400

Breaker: When shot,destroys a enemy weapon for the rest of the round. Oneshot. 25 heat. $1100

Monster Bay: Allows the ship to contain and release at will a monster to attack the enemy ship. The monster counts as a ship and has 5 speed,150 HP,no armor,and a lava cannon,which has range 6 and does 10 damage but 20 damage to armor,and if shot repeatedly,does double and triple damage. It doesn't overheat,but after 3 shots,it needs to reenter the ship to regenerate. Range 0,0 heat,0 turn CD. $2500

Wormhole Creator: Creates a wormhole 3 spaces in front of you. Unfortunately,the technology is so unstable wormholes appear all over the place once used(4 pairs when used). Oneshot. Range 3,20 heat. $700

Drill: If you move into an asteroid,you can drill through it to instantly destroy it and gain $20. Big ones are worth $40. Technically could be used on a ship for 20 damage,but wouldn't be worth it IMO. One per ship. Range 1,5 heat,0 turn CD. $100

11. Top that tricksy hobbit.

Halfwingseen
07-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Psionic Beam: Ship fires a mental wave that pushes everything in its path backwards 2 spaces Cooldown 1 heat 20 range 30 in a line Price: $750
Psionic Cannon Fires a mental Bullet at the ship dealing 5 damage to the hull ( bypassing armor ) and everytime that ship fires a weapon next turn the ship has a 20% chance ( 1 in 5 ) to have that weapon fail resulting in 2 damage to the hull Cooldown 1 Heat 10 range 6 Price: $200
ScatterShot: Fires 50 Bullets which randomly fall on the map ( each bullet does 5 damage to anything if there) Maximum of 2 Bullets per ship but no maximum for open space and asteroids Range Mapwide HEat: 5 Cooldown 1 Price $250
Cluster Rockets Launches 2 rockets that home in on the 2 nearby ships moments before impact the rockets split into 10 rockets each dealing 5 damage but the large rockets have a 80% chance of failing and thus they only deal 10 damage Cooldown 3 Heat 20 Price: $500
Range 6
Electrical Cannon: Fires a bolt of electricity over HUGE distances deals damage based on how close the target is to other objects
Within 1 space of an object ( both take 40 damage ) within 2 spaces Target takes 30 object takes 10 Within 3 spaces 20 ( object takes 5 ) within 4 10 ( object takes 1 ) within 5 5 ( object takes none ) within 6 1 ( object takes none ) within 7 NOTHING Cooldown 1 Heat 40 Range 20 price $450
Shortfire Laser Damage 1 (10 shots ) Range 1 Cooldown 0 Heat 2(pershot ) Price: $200
DarkFire Laser: Damage 5 Range 4 cooldown 0 Heat 10 Price $300
Phase Shot: Sends a Phasing Missile Which instantly appears at the target going through all obstacles in the way Damage 15 Cooldown 3 Heat 10 Range 5 Price $450
Mass Missile: Fires a HUGE Missle Damage 100 Cooldown 5 Heat 30 Range 4 Price $1300
RapidFire Missile: Fires 10 Missiles Damage 2 ( per missile ) Cooldown 1 Heat 2 ( per missile ) Range 6 Price $750
Psionic Shield: Creates a Shield around the ship causing only PSionic weapons to penetrate in or out for 3 turns Cooldown 9 Price: $650

Protoss119
07-31-2006, 01:50 PM
~sits back & eats popcorn~

Wait, you mean I need to APPROVE all of these?! Aww...

JYAP
07-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Hop to it.

Halfwing,I counted 10. I WIN!

Protoss119
07-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Well, you didn't have umteen million weapons to approve, did you? For all I care, we could just dump this game & have our own weapon-making war.

Halfwingseen
07-31-2006, 06:09 PM
Hop to it.

Halfwing,I counted 10. I WIN!
i count 11 :)

JYAP
07-31-2006, 08:29 PM
Whatever. We tie and you need to respond to my PM or tell me the link to your clan's forum so I can infect it with my forum games.

The downside is I got Yasha,Helixic,and Kaotix on my tail. If you made the forum or something I'm relatively protected. Otherwise,if they're REALLY pissed,I haven't a prayer despite my insanity and logic skills. I could bring in Toss for backup and if things go wrong,I could start a board invasion.

Yes Toss,you ARE my minion. More like right-hand man,but still.

Protoss119
07-31-2006, 08:38 PM
Really? Do I get to kill people with pointy knives of dhoom? If that's the case, then I'm yer man.

Anyway, what's this about Yasha & company? Can I kill them or...?

JYAP
08-01-2006, 04:10 AM
Well,if we go for a board invasion,do whatever so long as it's spammy and annoying.

Anyhoo,Yasha is the clan chieftain and a horrid judge of character. Helixic and Kaotix are a pair of morons that called me and Halfwing nerds when we were discussing who would win between a TC and 3 grunts VS a CL and 5 ghouls(your level 6 should've been a DL). Halfwing responds by banning their bots. Yasha comes by,unbans,and I get into a fight. Whenever I make a good point,they utterly ignore it. So if we board invade,let's spam those two morons with PMs if possible.

Protoss119
08-01-2006, 09:48 AM
Interesting. Were you able to squelch them?

~uses Force Stasis on Helixic & Kaotix and...wait for it...~

...Nuclear Launch Detected.

~BLAM~

Meanwhile in hell...

EagleHog: ~to the retarded duo~ You too?

My philosophy: If someone calls you something (insults you), it's probably the other way around. In this way, they are nothing.

Mwehehehe...

~sends a PM with the following text~

AE%UORA%EDRMOM(EYE$OKU$EO%ERM%OUMROMROUR^UORE^UO^U OL$RME^UO ~and it pretty much goes on like that for, say 1 hour~

JYAP
08-01-2006, 09:52 AM
Sigh. Yasha's not THAT bad. It's the other two that are moronic. Like I said,Yasha's a bad judge of character. She's not actually noobish,just dumb.

Protoss119
08-01-2006, 10:06 AM
Oh, right. ~edits~

Halfwingseen
08-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Jyap how did you do so well in ultimate ping ( heheh i more than quadrupled ur sonic high scroee and stole it im working on ultimate ping but i have short attention span and it gets boring )

JYAP
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm wondering that myself Halfwing. Try to keep both balls in play.