Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Let's play a tank game! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Let's play a tank game!

JYAP
07-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Since Toss and I are the only guys playing the Chao RPG,I've decided to go for something that ISN'T a RPG. Let's blow each other up with tanks!

Rules:

First,you need a tank. Duh. After that,you can buy weapons for it,crew it,fight with it,blah blah blah.

All you need to do to attack is state you fire so-and-so at so-and-so if you're in range on the board. Simple.

Once your tank HP hits zero,you lose the round. Round ends when all participating players except one lose. Before and after rounds you can buy extra stuff to equip to your tank.

Turn order is based on your tank's move type. In order from fastest to slowest: Teleport,Wheel,Hover,Walk. Ties are determined by the tank's move range. If there's still a tie,a d6 gets rolled and highest wins. Still a tie,I reroll.

Now,without further to-do,the tanks! Wheeeeeee-(shot)
---------------------
S-class(Starter class):
--------------------------------------------------------------------
S-classes are the starting tanks. They're for free and you only get one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Viper: Looks like an oval with two turrets jutting upwards,kinda like this: \O/ except the \ and / are higher. Has 100 HP,and comes with two cannons. Hovers. Has 6 weapon slots and 3 gadget slots. Moves 2 spaces.

Bolt: A speedy tank that looks like a arrowhead with a pair of fins on the back. 95 HP,comes with machinegun. Hovers. Has 4 weapon slots,2 gadget slots. Moves 3 spaces.

Arachnid: A four-legged tank with a turret head. 110 HP,comes with hi-cannon. Walks. Has 8 weapon slots, 4 gadget slots,moves 2 spaces.

Arc: Something like a cross between a jeep and a tank. 105 HP,comes with assault rifle. Wheels. Has 6 weapon slots, 2 gadget slots,moves 2 spaces.

Twilight: A weird tank that looks like a floating diamond with three rods sticking out from the middle. 80 HP,comes with static shot. Teleports. Has 3 weapon slots, 1 gadget slot,moves 4 spaces.
-----------------------
A-class(Assist classes)($2000):
------------------------
Assist classes are pretty weak and can't carry alot. However,they can be deployed alongside your main tank for extra firepower.

Dart: A fragile one-man tank that looks like a dart. Has 2 weapon slots,no gadgets,moves 2 spaces,hovers,and has 40 HP.

Slug: A somewhat sturdy tank that looks like a square with treads and a turret on top. Has 1 weapon slot,no gadgets,moves 1 space,wheels,and has 55 HP

Blast: A experimental tank that looks like a small orb with three smaller orbs circling it. Gadget slot compensates for low HP. Has 1 weapon and gadget slot,moves 2 spaces,teleports,and has 30 HP.
-------------------------
E-class(Experimental class)($5000):
Experimental classes have no weapon slots. None. They carry special weapons instead that can change the course of battle. Too bad they're almost as bad as A-classes on defense.

Trion: Three orbs that are piloted by one man each,held together by an electric chain of sorts. 3 gadgets,50 HP,moves 3 spaces,teleports. Special weapon is a EMP pulse that shuts down Hover and Teleport tanks. The pulse also deals 10 damage. It has a range of 2,and hits everything in range. Requires 5 turns to cool down.

Duel: A pair of lance-shaped vehicles that use the same chain the Trion does. 2 gadgets,55 HP,moves 2 spaces,hovers. Special weapon is a penetrating laser blast from both vehicles. Deals 25 damage. Range of 3,hits all in range. Requires 5 turns to cool down as well.

Ringet: A small bipedal tank with 2 rings of missiles for arms. 1 gadget,65 HP,moves 2 spaces,walks. Special weapon is a all-out missile blitz dealing 7 damage to all players. Auto-hits,needs 4 turns to cool.
------------------
L-class(Lord-class)($5500)
------------------
Lord classes are basically stronger Starter tanks.

Nova: A large orb shining quite brightly. This throws off the aim of longrange weapons and reduces the damage of all weapons with range 5 or higher by 3. Has 8 weapons,4 gadgets,140 HP,moves 3 spaces,teleports.

Jager: A 4-legged tank crudely resembling a wolf. Offsets lack of special abilities with strong stats. Has 10 weapons,5 gadgets,160 HP,moves 4 spaces,walks.

Blazer: A quick yet odd 3 wheeled contraption with a rather large barrel on-top a triangular body. The barrel increases the attack power of cannons by 4. This is counterbalanced by its low HP. 8 weapons,3 gadgets,125 HP,moves 3 spaces,wheels.
--------------------------------------------------
Weapons:
-------------------------------------------------------------
Cannon: Basic cannon. 5 damage,3 range. 1 turn CD. $50

Machinegun: Fires 5 shots dealing 1.5 damage each. 2 range. 1 turn CD. $75

Hi-cannon: Powered up cannon. 8 damage,3 range. 1 turn CD. $100

Assault Rifle: Fires 3 shots for 3 damage each. 2 range. 2 turn CD. $150

Static Shot: A small electric shot. 4 damage,disables a weapon and doubles its cooldown. 3 turn CD. $250

Thunder Caller: A BIG electric bolt. 20 damage,5 range,5 turn CD. $700

Shotgun: Big blast. Hits target and anyone to its left or right. 15 damage,2 range, 2 turn CD. $500

Pistol: Tiny gun. 2 damage,3 range,1 turn CD. $25

Sniper: So obvious. 25 damage,6 range, 5 turn CD. $850

Laser: Pew pew! Can hit everything in firing range. 7 damage, 3 range, 1 turn CD. $100

Hi-Laser: Upgraded Laser. 10 damage, 3 range,1 turn CD. $200.

Sawblade: A rotating blade that slashes everything around you. 30 damage, 1 range, 4 turn CD. $400.

Rail Gun: Long Range, does heavy damage. Setback by cooldown time and recoil due to overheat. 35 Damage, 5 Range, 6 turn CD. $975 (Protoss119)

RPG(Rocket Powered Grenade) Launcher: Big boom,slow reload. 40 damage,20 to adjacent tanks,4 range, 6 turn CD. $1050

Rifled Cannon: Special cannon type that can deal extra damage VS A-class tanks. 5 damage,15 VS A-Class,3 range, 1 turn CD. $100.

Gauss Rifle: Every Mechwarrior's favorite. Long-range bullet that penetrates into the next target. 35 damage,5 range,6 turn CD. $1000.

Autocannon: Rapid-fire cannon composed of 3 Cannons stuck together. 15 damage,3 range,2 turn CD. $250

Hi-Autocannon: Replace with Hi-Cannons. 24 damage,3 range,2 turn CD. $500

Autolaser: Kinda obvious. Keeps penetration. 21 damage,3 range,2 turn CD. $500

Hi-Autolaser: Yeah... 30 damage,3 range,2 turn CD. $750

Shuriken Shot: Ninja-style! Shoots out shuriken that can pop the tires/treads of Wheeled tanks and immobilize them for 2 turns. 8 damage,4 range, 3 turn CD. $450

Bolt Shot: Another type of cannon that hits with so much power,Legged tanks are knocked over and cannot fire for 1 turn. 10 damage,3 range,2 turn CD. $450

EMP Shot: A electromagnetic pulse bolt that will shut down the movement systems of Hover or Teleport tanks for 2 turns. 5 damage,3 range,3 turn CD. $400

Flamer: Burnitall. 20 damage,1 range,2 turn CD. $400
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gadgets:
--------------------------------------------------
Shield: Creates a 10HP shield to block damage. $100

Shield Upgrade: Adds 5 more HP to shield. Does not use a gadget slot. $50

Auto-repair: Gives you 1 HP a hour. Buy more to increase effect. $300

Cooldown Upgrade: Reduces cooldown by 10 min on all weapons. Buy more to increase effect. $500

Hull Upgrade: +5 HP for your tank. $500

Movement Upgrade: Increases move by 1. Does not stack. $500.

Fighter Tank Hanger: Can launch a small 10 HP tank with a cannon to attack. $700.

Super Shield: Use during battle to become invulnerable for 1 turn. One use per battle. $700.

Bonus Slot: Doesn't take up a gadget slot. Can extend either gadget or weapon slot by 1. One per tank only. $1000.

Armor Coat: Blocks 2 damage from every attack. Breaks at 3/4 HP. $1000

Bonus Armor: Extends durability to 1/2 HP. $1200

EMP Shield: Blocks EMP attacks. $4000

Emergency Repair Kit: At 1/4th HP,recover 30 HP. $700
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Should be all you need. Everyone starts with $200. You get $(amount of playersx100) when you win. Runner up gets 100 less,and so on and so forth.

Suggestions for a good weapon/gadget earn you $25 and credit for the weapon.

Finding a money cache on the map gives you $50.

And without further to-do,let the war begin!

This round's map:
[1][][][][6][][][][][2]
[][][][?][][][?][][][]
[5][?][][][?][][][][][7]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[4][][][][][8][][][][3]

1-8=Starting points in order of signup for map
?=Something...Move there to find out.

I buy a Viper and a Hi-Laser and sign up for the round.

Name of Tank: Stryker
Color: Black with blue stripes.
Crew:
Captain: Rain
Pilot: Snow
Gunner 1: Heat
Gunner 2: Hail
Misc.: Sleet
Current Status:

100/100 HP
Cannon 1: Ready
Cannon 2: Ready
Hi-Laser: Ready
Movement: 2

Go ahead,sign up and play.

EDIT: Added some stuff,made it easier to read.
EDIT 2: Updated rules to adapt to turns instead of real-time. Added new tanks.

JYAP
07-04-2006, 06:51 PM
EDIT: How convenient this post is here when I hit the 10000 character limit.

--------------------
Even More Weapons/Gadgets
--------------------
<Protoss119>
Weapons:
Light Ion Cannon - Does no damage, but allows you to increase the cooldown on 1 weapon & disable 1 gadget for 3 turns(if available; if not, 2 weapons) on an enemy tank. Setback by cooldown time. 0 Damage, 2 range, 5 turns CD. $900

Artillery Plasma Cannon - Does hellish damage. Cannot be used at close range. Again setback by cooldown. 40 damage, range 8 (minimum 3), 6 turns CD. $1000

Equinox Cannon - This weapon fires an unknown orb of energy at a target. The orb shuffles through numbers 1 through 6. The following effects occur on said number:

1-1/4 heal.
2-75$ Cash.
3-1 weapon has its cooldown increased.
4-1 weapon has its damage increased.
5-All ?s by the target are deleted.
6-1/4 damage.

3 range,8 turn CD. $1050
</Protoss119>
<Halfwingseen>

3 Shot Rocket: fires 3 rockets each doing 15 damage each rocket moves 2 zones a turn \|/ the rockets fire in that pattern cooldown: 3 turns after all the rockets disappear

Beam: Fires a Low frequency beam 3 zone thingys wide in the direction the tank is facing any tanks caught in the blast take 2 damage cooldown 2 turns range 6

Giant Shock Paddles: deals 50 damage and prevents the tank from moving next turn range: immediately in front of the tank kickback of 5 damage to the attacking tank cooldown 6 turns

Energy Machine Gun: every shot increases heat of weapon by 1 If heat exceeds 20 the weapon bursts dealing 10 damage to the tank carrying it heat cools at a rate of 1 per turn may be fired n infinite numebr of times every turn BUT if heat exceeds 20 BAM ^_^ each shot deals 1.5 damage range: 2
</Halfwingseen>

Missile: The classic missile. 8 damage, 5 range,1 minimum range,2 turn CD. $120

Gadgets:
<Protoss119>
Shade: Allows you to drop a shadowy field around a 3x3 portion of the grid surrounding your tank. All tanks in that field have their weapon ranges reduced by -2. It can't go past 1 though. Single Use, disappears afterwards. $50

Oil: Allows you to drop a churning field of oil around a 2x2 portion of the grid surrounding your tank. All tanks in that field, if they don't hover or teleport, move 1 extra space, whether they like it or not. For example, an Arc crosses the field of oil, moving 1 space. Because it's in the field, it has to move an extra space in the direction its going. Single Use, disappears afterwards. $50
</Protoss119>

Gasp! More tanks!
--------------------
U-class(Unique-class)
---------------------
Unique-class tanks are...well,unique. About all I'm saying.

Overdrive: 4 "fins" placed on a cylinder. Incredibly powerful,generating a shield that can absorb 999 damage. However,the shield burns out in 10 turns and cannot be turned off. Furthermore,the Overdrive has no armor whatsoever,so one hit from ANYTHING kills it without the shield. It boosts the damage of any weapon by 5 due to all the power it has. Moves 5 spaces,teleports,has 1 HP. Cannot be bought. Instead,the loser of 3 consecutive matches pilots this tank with the same gadgets and weapons.

Element: A guy in a power suit. Haven't you ever played Mechwarrior? Has 10 HP,moves 2 spaces,hovers,and carries various weapons,from cannons to lasers to machineguns. Appears on certain maps and drops $50 upon death.

Awesome: And if you didn't recognize the last one,THIS one will be a complete stranger. Has 200 HP,does not move,and carries 4 PPCs. This only appears on a few small maps with 4 or less players. Drops $500 on death.

--------------
F-class(Fighter-Class)($2500)
-----------------------------
Fighter classes are those intermediates I forgot to add between Experimental/Lord and Starter-class. I'm not gonna bother with excessive details as all tanks look the same as before.

Viper MK II: +10 HP,+1 weapon

Bolt MK II: +5 HP, +1 Move

Arachnid MK II: +20 HP

Arc MK II: +10 HP, +1 gadget

Twilight MK II: +5 HP,+1 weapon/gadget

And yes,you CAN donate tanks. In fact,you get +$100 for a new tank. One per post please.

EDIT: When submitting anything,PLEASE include a price. I'm lazy. Which means Halfwing,post the cost of your weapons. Be reasonable too.

Protoss119
07-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I just got up, your desperate, and this game can be made into flash.

(3 random statements)

~Buys machine gun depending on how much cash we start out with~
~also buys Hi-Cannon~

Name: Zerg Thingy
Color/Appearance: Blood-red.
Chassis: Twilight
Crew:
Captain: Lurker
Pilot: Hydralisk
Gunner 1: Zergling 1
Gunner 2: Zergling 2
Misc: Infested Terran
Status

HP: 80/80
Static Shot: Ready
Machine Gun: Ready
Hi-Cannon: Ready

Weapon Suggestion

Rail Gun: Long Range, does heavy damage. Setback by cooldown time and recoil due to overheat. 35 Damage, 5 Range, 17 Recoil, 2 hr. 30 min. Cooldown.

Round

So where am I posted at?

JYAP
07-05-2006, 09:01 AM
It can be made into Flash? Awesome,I just need to allocate a hell lot of my time to learning Flash!

Anyways,you're posted on the number 2 spot on the map. You also start with $200.

Rain Gun: Sounds good,but I don't recall mentioning Recoil. Oh well. Added. +$25 for you.

Protoss119
07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
Rail gun. Rail gun, that's supposed to be. Typo, sorry.

Recoil was supposed to balance out the hellish damage & range.

Well, you don't have to make it into flash, but you could, it's probably possible. At any rate:

[1][][][][6][]Me[][][2]
[][][][?][][][?][][][]
[5][?][][][?][][][][][7]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[4][][][][][8][][][][3]

Putting into consideration that Trog is building his PC, we may have more luck finding players if we move this to the lacking-of-any-eye-candy General Discussion forum of Trogworld (not to be confused with the EB General Discussion).

JYAP
07-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I wish we got more people,but sigh.

[][][][][][P][][][]
[][J][][?][][][?][][][]
[][?][][][?][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

J=JYAP
P=Protoss

I can't move the topic so I need Al to do it. >_>

Protoss119
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
You're right. We just plain need more people.

[][][][][][][][][]
[][J][][?][P][][?][][][]
[][?][][][?][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

"Yes, I said 'Closer'! Move in as close as you can, and engage those Star Destroyers at point blank range!"

"At that close range, we won't last long against those Star Destroyers!"

"We'll last longer than we will against that Death Star. And we might even take a few of 'em with us!"

-Lando Calrissian (Quotes 1 & 3) & Admiral Ackbar (Quote 2)

JYAP
07-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Heat: Yo Hail,look!

Hail: Cool! An enemy! I mean,crap! An enemy!

Heat: Whatever. Get ready to fire...

[][][][][][][][][]
[][][][J][P][][?][][][]
[][?][][][?][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

Rolling to determine mystery item...

Rolled 1.

Recieved $50.

Rain: Fire!

Hail: WHEEEE!

The Stryker fires both Cannons and the Hi-Laser onto the Zerg Thingy. 20 damage sustained.

Cannon 1: 45 min
Cannon 2: 45 min
Hi-Laser: 1 hour

Rain: Good job. Brace for impact!

JYAP
07-07-2006, 01:21 PM
Time check.

Cannons: Ready
Hi-Laser: Ready

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 06:11 AM
Zerg Thingy: 60 HP

Zergling: BLARGH

Lurker: Gentlemen, gentlemen, calm down. FIRE THE DAMN WEAPONS, YOU PHOOLS!

Inf. Terran: Prepare to die! ~obsessed with death threats 'n stuff~

Zergling 2: Hear hear!

[][][][][][][][][]
[][][][J][][P][?][][][]
[][?][][][?][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

The Zerg Thingy fires the Static Shot and the Machine Gun and prepare to take aim with the Hi-Cannon...

(6 Damage)

Lurker: Bow before me, for I am the Zerg Lord! (Damn Revan...)

JYAP
07-08-2006, 07:18 AM
Sleet: ACK! WE'RE UNDER ATTACK! WAAAAAAAH-

Rain: SHUT UP! Geez.

[][][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][P][?][][][]
[][?][][][J][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

Rolling for mystery space.

Rolled 5.

Everyone on the Stryker: OH SHIT!

An EMP mine goes off,disabling the Stryker's movement for 12 hours.

Rain: Fire anyways!

Hail: Wheeeeee! (20 more damage inflicted)

Sleet: Sir,we have a weapon malfunction! Our Hi-Laser has been disabled!

88.5 HP
Cannons: 45 min
Hi-Laser: 2 hour

(Specify which weapon to disable next time!)

I think I'm gonna have to revamp this whole cooldown system. We'll use turns instead. Good thing we had this betatest battle.

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Yup.

Hydralisk: T3h firebats...must watch out for t3h firebats!!!

Lurker: Please someone shut him up. At any rate...

[][][][][P][][][][]
[][][][][][][?][][][]
[][?][][][J][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][][][][][][]

Lurker: Fire the Hi-Cannon!

(Note: How long is an hour/minute/etc?)

JYAP
07-08-2006, 02:21 PM
An actual hour/minute...y'know what? Let's just screw this. The poor Zerg Thingy is horribly outgunned. You get $150 for betatesting. I'll edit the thing later and then ask Al to move this to somewhere else in Trogworld.

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 02:22 PM
Thx!

Lurker: I regret that I have one life to give to my- ~BOOM~

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Kay. So that's...

25$ at start of round...
+25 for weapon = $50...
+150 for beta-testing = $200.

I feel like rebuilding my tank after it gets moved to Trogworld. So now I get 2 tanks! Naw...I'm gonna sell the weapons on the other one (except Static shot) and remodel it so it packs a little more punch to go with its speed. Like sneak attack.

JYAP
07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
No keeping the Static Shot unless you're buying it again. You know better... :)

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 06:51 PM
>_>
<_<

LOOK! A YOSHI!

~steals Static Shot~

Jk.

Protoss119
07-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Going on vacation tomorrow for 1 week, so weapons for ya.

Light Ion Cannon - Does no damage, but allows you to increase the cooldown on 1 weapon & disable 1 gadget for 3 turns(if available; if not, 2 weapons) on an enemy tank. Setback by cooldown time. 0 Damage, 2 range, 5 turns CD.

Artillery Plasma Cannon - Does hellish damage. Cannot be used at close range. Again setback by cooldown. 40 damage, range 8 (minimum 3), 6 turns CD.

Equinox Cannon - This weapon fires an unknown orb of energy at a target. The orb shuffles through numbers 1 through 6. The following effects occur on said number:

1-Full heal.
2-75$ Cash.
3-1 weapon has its cooldown increased.
4-1 weapon has its damage increased.
5-All ?s by the target are deleted.
6-Instant Death.

Gadgets:

Shade: Allows you to drop a shadowy field around a 3x3 portion of the grid surrounding your tank. All tanks in that field have their weapon ranges reduced by -2. It can't go past 1 though. Single Use, disappears afterwards.

Oil: Allows you to drop a churning field of oil around a 2x2 portion of the grid surrounding your tank. All tanks in that field, if they don't hover or teleport, move 1 extra space, whether they like it or not. For example, an Arc crosses the field of oil, moving 1 space. Because it's in the field, it has to move an extra space in the direction its going. Single Use, disappears afterwards.

JYAP
07-09-2006, 07:15 AM
Light Ion Cannon: Good job,but I'd rather only 1 weapon/gadget if it's a LIGHT ion cannon. Still,approved.

Artillery Plasma Cannon: The minimum range is a good idea,but it's still pretty powerful...meh. Approved.

Equinox Cannon: I disagree with instant death and full heal. Semi-approved,but you really should think: A little Blast could instantly destroy a Jager with that. On the flip side,a Jager can be down to 10 HP or so and instantly recover. You only get $10 for this. :(

Shade/Oil: Nice...Now you gave me ideas for new terrain type! You rock. Approved.

That's $110 there. I'm using a different comp since my usual one conked out on me,so you'll have to wait for the edit.

Protoss119
07-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Shweet! Thx!

Had to do a bit of brainstorming before I left. So now I'm at...$310? I could make a killing off of this...err, you didn't hear that.

~gets recalled to Char by Arbiter~

Maybe I should make the minimum range for the APC 4. What do you think?

JYAP
07-17-2006, 09:56 AM
I don't care. I just hope Trog moves this to General Discussion in Trogworld so we can get more people.

Halfwingseen
07-17-2006, 11:12 AM
Hm im in ^_^ *grabs a bolt tank*
okay my items suggestions for my weapons ( any suggesting u thumsb down is replaces with the top number of my reg wep list ( if #1 is taken on list moove to #2 etc )

<bolt tank>
Designed weapon slot 1: 3 Shot Rocket: fires 3 rockets each doing 15 damage each rocket moves 2 zones a turn \|/ the rockets fire in that pattern cooldown: 3 turns after all the rockets disappear
Designed weapon slot 2: Beam: Fires a Low frequency beam 3 zone thingys wide in the direction the tank is facing any tanks caught in the blast take 2 damage cooldown 2 turns range 6
Designed Weapon Slot 3: Giant Shock Paddles: deals 50 damage and prevents the tank from moving next turn range: immediately in front of the tank kickback of 5 damage to the attacking tank cooldown 6 turns
Designed weapon slot 4:Energy Machine Gun: every shot increases heat of weapon by 1 If heat exceeds 20 the weapon bursts dealing 10 damage to the tank carrying it heat cools at a rate of 1 per turn may be fired n infinite numebr of times every turn BUT if heat exceeds 20 BAM ^_^ each shot deals 1.5 damage range: 2
Backup weapons slots 1: mach gun
Backup weapons slots 2:mach gun
Backup weapons slots 3: Pistol
Backups weapons slots 4: pistol
Designed Gadget slot1: Plastic tank: Immune to EMP and ION but projectiles deal 120% damage lasers deal 80% Flame throwers disable this for 3 turns
designed Gadget slot2 EMP pulse range ( a FF aoe of 4 zones immediately around the tank ) shuts down all weapons movement and Gadgets of all tanking in range of not plastic for their next turn
Backup Gadget: Shield if having enough $$$$$$
Backup gadget: Shield upgrade

Name of tank: Embodiment of Thox
Crew: Scar ( gunner so you know your gonna get hit ) Thox ( captain ) Puddle ( loader) Sect (drunken idiot clinging to the side of the tank yelling nonsense )
Captain: Thox
Weapons: machine gun X3 (-$150=$200 left) Pistol X2 ( -$50=$150 )
Gadget: Shield ( with upgrade (-$150=$0) )
Move: 3
Type: Hover

Cooldown on emp pulse is none......once per battle it shorts itself out every use
i know about the shock paddles LOL i play battlefield two soemtimes and getting shock paddles to death is the most embarressing thing not only does the medic move slowest and carry a shotgun ( one shot then reload ) but not beign able to shoot the guy walking at you with paddles before he gets close enough and waits 2 seconds for the paddles to warm up is saaad :) also another Gadget idea:

Air drop ( drops randomly unto the map at start and gets to fire a single weapon before the action starts ( if within range )

JYAP
07-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Ack! The grammar!

Approved: 3 Shot Rocket,Beam,Giant Shock Paddles(lol),Energy Machine Gun,Plastic Tank(interesting),EMP Pulse(more like a weapon though,and no cooldown specified)

Disapproved: Your random caps and horrendous grammar.

Total: 6x25=+$150 for you. You have $350 to spend. And no,you can't have any of those weapons/gadgets you submitted. I'm too lazy to put a price on them.

Halfwingseen
07-17-2006, 03:18 PM
*edited comment above*

Protoss119
07-19-2006, 09:18 AM
You PM'd Trog already, didn't you, JYAP?

JYAP
07-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Eh heh,funny story about that...(will do it now)

Almuric
07-19-2006, 09:56 AM
OK, thread moved but I wouldnt expect alot of extra posts. Most of us dont understand all these strange forum combat threads you two make.

JYAP
07-19-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm the one that makes them. I could hyperedit and make another topic if need be to store all the goddamn data we'll eventually build up. But hey,the concept should bring SOMEONE in...

Protoss119
07-20-2006, 01:09 PM
Indeed. ~playing JYAP's tank game with a Zergling, a Sith Lord, and a Gurab Trooper~

Protoss119
07-21-2006, 10:23 AM
I've got nothing else to do, so it's time to rebuild my tank.

Twilight (Again)
Weapons:
Static Shot, -$250 (Or not?)
Cannon, -$50

Which leaves me with $10. T_T Ah well, I'll manage.

Tank Name: Ion Warlord
Color (Lol): Shifts between Teal, Blue, Indigo, & Blue-Violet
Captain: Dredoc Anthorngleas (Original)
Pilot: Dredoc the Kukri Man (Kukri guy with lots of traps in EB)
Gunner 1: Dredoc the Damned (Kick-ass cleric, don't mean to brag)
Gunner 2: Dredoc Anthorngleas (Pally Edition)
Misc: Dredoc the Bard of Death (Crossbow Bard)

HP: 80/80, if I remember correctly
Static Shot: Ready
Cannon: Ready

Halfwingseen
07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
I already posted my tank above cept i do not know hp and my shields hp please tell me that jyap

JYAP
07-21-2006, 01:25 PM
The Bolt has 90 HP. Your Shield has 10 HP and gains +5 HP every upgrade you buy it. And I did that from memory. O_o

I'll repost my new tank. You can sell your stuff for the same price you bought it BTW.

JYAP
07-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Name: Esdracheon(I can't remember what it means,just a Bible term,and they make awesome names)
Chassis: Viper
Crew:
Captain: Harner Aylomein
Gunner 1: Serind Tylner
Gunner 2: Rali Lutgenest
Driver: Drago Blimfen
Misc: The Ninja
Moron On The Back Of The Tank: Worst. Singer. Ever.

Weaponry(after I sell my starting two cannon):
Hi-Laser: 1/1 operational
Laser: 1/1 operational

I think I'll post the map already.

[][][][][][?][][][][?][][][]
[J][][][][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][][?][][][][][][][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][][][][P]
[?][][][][][?][][][][][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][?][][][]
[][][][H][][][][][][][][][]

The mystery spaces contain:

1: $50
2: EMP mine. No movement for 2 turns.
3: Element!
4: $75
5: 5 HP repair
6: Corrosive acid trap. -10 HP.

Move Order:

Ion Warlord
Embodiment of Thox
Esdracheon

We can start whenever.

Protoss119
07-21-2006, 08:08 PM
[j][][][][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][?][][][][?][][p][][][]
[][][][h][][][][][][][][][]

Halfwingseen
07-23-2006, 05:41 PM
[j][][][][][][?][][][][?][][]
[][][][?+H][][][][?][][p][][][]
[][][][][][][][][][][][][]

K so shield is 15 HP for me and bolt =90HP
And a comment for me..... 33% for money sooo worth it ^_^

JYAP
07-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Rolled to determine item in Halfwing's space.

Rolled 6. -10 HP.

[][][][][][][?][][][][?][][]
[j][][][?+H][][][][?][][p][][][]

Harner: Fire at will.

The Esdracheon shoots its Hi-Laser and Laser at the Embodiment of Thox. -17 damage.

Hi-Laser: 0/1 turns
Laser: 0/1 turns

Protoss119
07-23-2006, 09:34 PM
[j][][][?+H][][][][?][][][][][]
[?][][][][][?][][][][P][][][]

Gadget Suggestion:

Deploy Light Apocalypser: Deploys a hellish tank with 250 HP that hovers and has 3 Hi-Lasers, 1 Shade, & 1 Oil. The player gets to control what it does, but whatever it does, it follows the player's tank. It goes directly after the player that controls it.

JYAP
07-24-2006, 07:29 AM
Overkill much. Plus it might kill you with its Hi-Lasers since they hit everything in their way. Disapproved.

Protoss119
07-24-2006, 08:25 AM
Bah, this only worsens the creativity block. Ah well, you're reasons are good. Maybe I should reduce the Hi-Lasers to just plain Lasers.

Halfwingseen
07-24-2006, 12:31 PM
EMbodiment of thox's Shields fail ( has taken 27 total damage -15 for shields is 12 so 78 HP
[][H][][][?][][][][][][][][]
[j][][][][][][][?][][p][][][]
Fire all weapons
( 3 mach guns dealing 7.5 damage each and 2 pistols dealing 2 damage each 26.5 damage to Esdracheon )
CD means nxt turn i can hit you again ^_^

Protoss119
07-24-2006, 12:38 PM
[j][][][][][][][?][][][][][]
[?][][][][][?][][][P][][][][]

Swiftly and Silently...

EDIT: That should be my next turn. sorry.

JYAP
07-24-2006, 02:08 PM
WSE: OW! YOU ****IN SHOT MY SPLEEN!

Harner: Damage report.

Ninja: We've taken a little more than 25% of the Esdracheon's hull in damage. And WSE has a bullet in his spleen.

Harner: Joy...he'll be whining for days on end.

[][][][][][][][?][][][][][]
[?J][][][][][?][][][P][][][][]

Rolled 3.

Harner: Element on the loose!

[J][E][][][][?][][][P][][][][]

Serind: Let's frag it!

Drago: Moron,the lasers haven't recharged yet. Wait a little. Besides,maybe it won't shoot us.

The Element realizes the Esdracheon is in its minimum range and fires on the Embodiment of Thox with its missile. 8 damage.

Protoss119
07-24-2006, 02:42 PM
[][H][][][?][][][][][P][][][]
[J][E][][][][?][][][][][][][]

Dredoc Anthorngleas: Carefully now. We don't want to attract too much attention.

Halfwingseen
07-25-2006, 01:44 PM
[][][][][?][][][][][P][][][]
[][H][][][][][][?][][][][][]
[J][E][][][][?][][][][][][][]
Fire all WEAPONS ( got to lose low cooldown )
26.5 More damage to Esdracheon
64 HP on Embodiment of Thox

JYAP
07-25-2006, 02:11 PM
Embodiment of Thox attempts to fire...

Serind: Look! Someone didn't let their weapons cool!

The machinegun blows up and then regenerates.

(You twit. Your weapons don't cool on the turn they were fired. At the end of the turn AFTER your weapons were fired,they finish cooling. If you want,you can retake your movement.)

Halfwingseen
07-26-2006, 10:59 AM
then its not a machine gun and i Quit this useless thing a machine gun can give constant fire until it runs out of ammo ( usually 500 rounds ) and if a machine gun has to wait to fire this you have NOT thought this through cya And the most you can call a weapon of that style is a Chain gun Which fires ( in life 100-200 rounds in one second then has to cool off before firing [these are the weapons you see firing then spinning while cooling ) but in this game 10 rounds then waiting :/ whatever though if a machine gun has to wait ( assuming a turn is techinically 1 hours ( which i doubt in a tank battle people are goign to ait an hour b4 moving again ) so lets say 5 minutes a machine gun isnt goign to wait 5 minutes to fire again niether is a pistol Think your games through completely and try not to "just happen" to brign somethign up after someone designs a tank based on thier own opinions of weapons state ALL the facts b4 u start these things in that case there is no point to buying mach guns or pistols :/ your better off with cannons.. a cooldown of 1 is is by the end of a turn it gets rdy again ( thus it counts the turn it was fired becaus eyou cannot fire as weapon AFTER the turn i have to attack etc. ) you decide either i quit this battle and get to redesign my tank or you fix your system

oh and i dunno if its a weapon
Chain gun:
fires 10 rounds dealing 1.5 damage each Range of 3 ( may distribute these bullets into 4 quares in the shape of the arrow keys on your keyboard the down key being the target ( deals 4 bullets at the target and 2 to each the spaces around it ) ( using ur system ) 2 turn CD ( using a real system ) 3 turn CD

Protoss119
07-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Ahem.

Machinegun: Fires 5 shots dealing 1.5 damage each. 2 range. 1 turn CD. $75

It wouldn't be a Machinegun if it didn't fire 5 shots. But it does, it's balanced, and it's not a RL Machine Gun.

JYAP
07-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Finished processing.
Result: Halfwing's demise incoming.

Sigh. Unless someone else wants to come by,I'll just abandon this...