Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
RSS Feed Usage [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : RSS Feed Usage

Almuric
06-23-2006, 11:02 AM
How many of you use RSS feeds?

I have a program that runs on my computer - automatically pulls feeds all day long from about 20 different security sites. Keeps me up to date at work without having to manually search for the latest important data.

Bushwacker
06-23-2006, 12:20 PM
I don't really have a reason to that I know about. Educate me buba.

Almuric
06-23-2006, 12:52 PM
Well, I happen to know that Mr. Bushwacker likes to keep up to date on the latest hardware that's released. To do this you could take RSS feeds from Tom's Hardware, AMD, Microsoft, Intel, etc. and as news is announced about new products you'll automatically get it fed to you in an easy to read summary of news items. You then click on the ones you want to read and the web page is opened.

Bushwacker
06-23-2006, 02:51 PM
Well I knew it was something like that, but was concerned about security issues. So how should one start this service as a novice? because your right I would like to get some news from a few sites. Humm I think I might use a stand alone. Just need to figure out which one. Looks like I will have to keep reading up on this stuff. Any recomendations thus far?

Well shit man it looks like My Firefox or Thunderbird will do what I want. Think I like the Thunderbird ver better.

Almuric
06-24-2006, 06:36 AM
awesome! didnt realize those browsers would fetch rss feeds. :) Now I may have to install one!