Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Idea [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Idea

RS99
10-11-2003, 03:34 PM
I know this would mean bit mroe scripting, but i thought up another idea:

how about players gain a resistance to the oposite element than the team their in, say every 2 levels. so at lvl 10 you are in water team, so you have natural resists, ie nothing. at lvl 12, you are still in the water team, so you gain a 5% resist to fire. at 14 its another 5 and so on. this could be scripted onto an item or something, or maybe its a database scripting function, sorta like the magic damage/health idea on Aventia.

a variation on this is that you choose a team when you join, and oyu are given a token which grants you the relevant resists. so if your a lvl 20 water fighter, you get 20% resist to fire, but if your a fire fighter you get 20% resist to the oposite element of fire (is it water or is it air or earth?) anyways, when you leave the server you are stripped of the token, and when you join you have to select your team again. this means that players can continuously have an ok resist to the oposite element, which is useful for the higher levels as it helps them survive in the battle.

anyways, this is just an idea, so let me know whatcha think :P.

Genocide
10-13-2003, 09:43 PM
Why would a creature of fire ever be resistant to water?

Think about a real life fireman trying to put out a fire that is resistant to water with water. That fire would be so hard to put out over time...well you get my point. Opposite elements should never be resistant to one another, only the opposite effect, vulnerable. Like positive and negative energy...exact polar opposites. Ever see how you can infuse an undead creature with positive energy and kill it?? (i.e the spell Heal) and negative energy (i.e. the spell Harm) has the opposite effect on living beings.

That's why I won't really entertain this suggestion.

Keep em coming though.