Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
New, from Protoss Productions - Toss's first EaW custom map! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : New, from Protoss Productions - Toss's first EaW custom map!

Protoss119
05-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Yessiree, I finally managed to download a map editor to Star Wars: Empire at War and I made a map with it called Starforge. It's a space map that takes place over Kuat which, if you don't know, is the location of Kuat Drive Yards, the guys who make AT-STs. The Empire starts in the Northwest Corner and the Rebels start in the Southeast corner. 2 Pirate starbases can be found in the 2 other corners.

The Rebels start at L5 and so do the Empire. The Rebels start with 3 Mon Calamari Cruisers and the Empire starts with 3 Star Destroyers, so both should be on equal terms maybe except for the fact that the Rebel starbase's shield generator is exposed. Oh, and the starbases are at wierd X and Y angles. Near the starbases are 2 Mining Plants and 2 turret-spawny thingies.

The only downside that I think exists is that the map is kind of small and there are no expensive doodads. That, and the downside to having L5 starbases is that not all of the upgrades are researched.

I'll be providing the download link later today, maybe after my concert tonight.

Almuric
05-16-2006, 07:38 PM
I guess it would help if I provided access to the download system here on trogworld. :P

In any event, you can always zip it and attach it to a post.

Protoss119
05-17-2006, 04:44 PM
I'm building yet another map called Pirate City, taking place over Ryloth. It's MUCH bigger than Starforge.

I'm also out of space when it comes to attachment space. I might as well delete the attachment to one of my Star Wars spoofs.

As a third option, I can make it available on www.metroidhumor.com (former Metroid sprite comic site) and provide a link to it.

Almuric
05-18-2006, 07:23 AM
I'm crushed with work and driving back and forth. My plan is to provide access to the downloads area of trogworld saturday (put a link up in the menu bar). The system is fully operational now, I just never gave everyone a way to get to it.

Take a look: http://www.trogworld.com/forums/local_links.php

Protoss119
05-19-2006, 08:56 PM
Hmm...interesting. This makes it a sort of microFilefront.

Almuric
05-20-2006, 08:50 AM
Yeah, it's fully operational. Did you try to upload anything?

Also, wtf man...why is your sig so big?

Protoss119
05-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I have 255.9 out of 255.9 attachment space. U_U

Oh, I'm just showing off my sprite'n skillzors with the sig. I don't find it anything to worry about.

Almuric
05-21-2006, 07:40 AM
ok, updated everyone's attachment limits.

Protoss119
05-21-2006, 10:31 AM
Yay! Thanks Al!