Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Creating Havoc [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Creating Havoc

Bushwacker
04-26-2006, 03:32 PM
So I'm board sitting here in my hardware class and found something to amuse myself.

I did a remote desktop to 11 people on my class that weren’t sitting at there pc's and set there Desktop Menu Display time to 50,000 and rebooted there machines. Now when they go to start all programs or any menu that has a submenu it doesn’t open. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Protoss119
04-26-2006, 04:06 PM
Doh!

Teacher: Hmm...I wonder why yours isn't acting up, Bushwacker? ~looks at him with suspicion~

Bushwacker: ~bops her one in the head~

Skool: ~asplodes~

Almuric
04-26-2006, 06:27 PM
*gets out Microsoft book to figure this one out*

Bushwacker
04-26-2006, 06:59 PM
*gets out Microsoft book to figure this one out*

LOL all you have to do is open regedit go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop look on the right side and edit the MenuShowDelay string from the default 400 to something like in my case 50000 which will set it to not show any submenus for 50 seconds. Don't forget to reset the pc so the settings will take affect. :tup:

BTW I did screw with my teachers pc as well. I put a chick with a thong on as his desktop background. :D Sure is a good thing he's a good guy. He's the only one that knows what I did. At the end of the class he told everyone they had to figure out how to fix there problem and it would be worth extra credit if they could. He gave me the extra credit plus some for thinking of it. What he said is, Les this presents a good opertunity because you have created a real life problem that a tech might come accross and have to figure out how to fix. So I was a bit supprised when he said that. I though I was going to get my butt chewed on a bit for that stunt.

Darakian
04-27-2006, 01:50 AM
Nice, I always got in trouble for finding exploites... so I ended up not sharing them :D

Almuric
04-27-2006, 07:12 AM
extra credit! lucky guy. :) now for all the poor students to try and figure out.

Protoss119
04-27-2006, 01:05 PM
...I'm speechless.