Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Why Sniper Rifles Rock [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Why Sniper Rifles Rock

Protoss119
04-16-2006, 06:12 AM
Yes, I own the original UT GOYTE and thus am allowed to post this. Course, this post is on the regular Sniper Rifle and not the Chaos one. :jump:

-All the heads are so big you don't even have to hide a few hundred yards away and shoot them - you can just run up to them and shoot their heads on sight. I'm not saying their heads are bloated, but they're like miniature targets.

-At 8.3x magnification, there's almost no limit to how far you zoom in, which is great in places like Face and Face][ where you can rack up kills simply by shooting the other team's heads off when they spawn/exit the base. Beware of other snipers, though, and shoot their heads off before they cause real damage - they might do the same to you, so watch out!

-For a sniper rifle, this baby's got a lot of ammo. 50 shots total will get you pretty far, and since ammo is practically all over the place, you'll be bound to find some sniper ammo somewhere. The 10 shots that come with the sniper rifle is a good start, but we want the complete package and not just 1/5 of it.

-Unlike other sniper rifles, you're not a sitting duck/vulnerable to people with big bad rocket launchers/redeemers/enforcers (lol JK) because, as I stated earlier, the heads on each model are kind of big, so you can just zoom out, shoot the guy in the head, zoom back in and resume sniping.

And that, my friend, is all the ways I can think of how Sniper Rifles rock in UT (the first one).

Almuric
04-16-2006, 08:01 AM
I own the GOTYE as well. I loved that sniper rifle (although I admit to overuse of the flack cannon :P ). I even feel tempted to reload the game.

Protoss119
04-17-2006, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the Chaos RFG seemed to throw the balance out of whack. I also like the turret gun as I would litter the place with turrets and let them score my kills for me.