Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Seriously, what happened here? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, what happened here?

Protoss119
04-09-2006, 04:37 PM
JYAP and I have been trying our best to keep the server fun for us (Right, JYAP?), but everyone's just shrugging it off and continuing to post links to random articles of which I have no understanding of. The Arcade, I believe, is the source of all this vacancy, as the games there are...addictive. Look at us - why do we need an arcade to keep people coming? It's not like they'll ever post...

Why not take a visit to the Elemental Battlegrounds forum? No point in merging the forum if you're not going to visit it. Check out the guest area - JYAP and I have a crap-load of stuff to see there. Just give it a try. It won't hurt.

Apart from the spam accounts,we have alot of people that just plain don't post. We're not EVIL!(...I've been trying to stop...)Come on! Post somewhere! Do something! Don't just be one of those generic dummies that don't do squat!

I mean it.

DiabloVT
04-09-2006, 11:07 PM
*shrugs* maybe alot of people just dont have alot to say

Almuric
04-10-2006, 07:33 AM
I only post the links to inspire conversation about the topic. I'm open to other ideas though.

Bushwacker
04-10-2006, 08:23 AM
We could all chat a bit about how day went. You know, something that happen or didnt happen. It would sorta be like a personal journal, only everybody would be reading it. I'll even start.

I will tell ya what I did yesterday as it is only seven o'clock in the morning right now so nothing has happen yet.

Ok so my blazer has been running pretty crappy lately and I need to do some work on it. It’s lost a bit of power and has been pinging to. So I did the normal tune up on it, checked the timing and it was off eight degrees. So I fixed the timing to. Well it’s still pinging…Shit. So what is it? I thought for a bit and decided to check the settings on the carb. Well I started tuning the carb and found that when I turn the air/fuel mixture all the way in which cuts it off, the motor keeps running. Shit Shit. That’s not good. Got a huge vacuum leak somewhere. So I check my hoses and yeah some are leaky. I replace them and still does the same thing. Well that means only one thing. The carburetor needs to be rebuilt. Shit Shit Shit. A friend of mine stops by and he mentions that he has a carb just like mine out in his shop. Just a little older style. Cool…So I swap them out but cant swap the electric choke on mine with his vacuum choke. Well that kinda sucks because now I have to rig up a manual choke. So I get it done and all is fine. Even better really. A lot more snapper and I noticed that I’m not pushing nearly as far down on the accelerator as I used to for the same amount of power. Now it’s time to go test it out. I went down the road about a mile where theres this big field and did some four wheelin. Now the Blaze is muddy as hell. Now I have to wash it. Shit Shit Shit Shit.;)

Protoss119
04-10-2006, 09:15 AM
Hmm, that might help.

We also might need to advertise our site a bit. That way we get more speakers and less dolts who just play in the arcade and don't even post once (FROG...).

Almuric
04-10-2006, 11:17 AM
Awesome Bush. My turn to tell you about my car.

I drive a 2000 model Mustang GT. Well of course I pulled the cats a long time ago when I put in a aftermarket exhaust. What happens next? The location I live in gets annexed by the city! Annex = yearly car inspection :(

Well, a friend of mine tells me that a buddy of his passed the tests for exhaust gases on his mustang without them so I decide to give it a try. (This all happened several years ago)

1st year - 93 octane pump gas - Barely passes (but it did!!!)
2nd year - Gas prices have gone up so I am using 87 octane ( I dont race my car anymore so I didnt care) - Passes easily! (apparently the car burns cleaner on the lower octane)
3rd year - didnt pass :( So I had the spark plugs replaced and put a new PVC valve in it - PASS!
4th year (this year) - I took it to the shop and had them pump that engine cleaner through it (man some crazy clouds of smoke came out of my car, but it supposedly cleaned out the carbon buildup) and I also changed the oil right before going - Result: easily PASSED!

What did I learn from this? That in some states you can actually pass emissions tests without cats. :P

Protoss119
04-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Mine is in the Game Discussion Forum (see Corneria: Dangerous Battleground).

Bushwacker
04-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Wish that was the case in Oregon. They do a visual inspection for the cat. Even if you can get you rig to burn clean enough, they will fail you if you don't have one. SUX!!!

Almuric
04-10-2006, 08:49 PM
well, I'm moving soon to a location that wont inspect at all! :D

DiabloVT
04-10-2006, 08:53 PM
how the hell can a V8 mustang on bad petrol with no cat pass an emissions test?
so THATS why our environment is dying hahaha:D