Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Windows Vista [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Windows Vista

Bushwacker
02-26-2006, 11:33 AM
Has anyone here installed it and currently using it?
I'm about to install the Feb-Release which is there latest.

Darakian
02-26-2006, 02:10 PM
I had a copy back when it was still long horn (~april 05) and I was not a fan.

Almuric
02-26-2006, 02:46 PM
I've been reading about it...but havent decided to install it just yet.

Bushwacker
02-26-2006, 03:41 PM
Well I have it installed and I like it. Not going to go into details because I can already tell you guy's kinda have your minds made up about it. Looks great and it's an improvement over XP. The new security features are cool, the interface works well and looks very sweet. This is the most recent release called the February CTP. I think the full relase will go in the second half of 06 as they say. The instilation was a snap, a few mouse clicks and the os will do the rest. Anyway, I really like it and I cant wait untill it comes out to the public. Heh Im writing this on the Vista right now.;)

Almuric
02-26-2006, 09:16 PM
I hadnt made up my mind...I just read about it the other day.

Bushwacker
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
I hadnt made up my mind...I just read about it the other day.

Well get off your can old man and take a look at whats going on.:furious:

Toto
02-27-2006, 05:25 AM
XP will do. <.<

Almuric
02-27-2006, 07:01 AM
Well, it is BETA right? That means I get to watch you guys that cant wait for stuff try it out and get upset when things dont work! :D

Bushwacker
02-27-2006, 12:24 PM
To me that’s part of the fun. Plus it gives you a better understanding of how the OS works and why the developers make the changes they make. I think it also helps a technician to stay current with his/her craft. While others are scratching there heads wondering why something doesn’t work, you'll be the one fixing the problem and at the same time further securing your position at your job. Of course this is only my point of view and it really only matters to me.

Darakian
02-27-2006, 07:33 PM
I agree with bush, betas of OS's are great fun.... even if it is crap like vista :P

Exectech
03-01-2006, 01:00 PM
I've been running Windows 2000 Professional for a long time because the improvements over Windows XP Professional aren't that great in a SOHO enironment. However that will all change when Vista is released. I most pleased with Microsoft embracing Vector graphics vs. bitmaps. I'm looking forward to this OS upgrade. There hasn't been an OS release of this maginitude since we went from DOS to Windows NT. Don't forget that DirectX 10 will only work on Vista. It will also be completely 64 bit operating system (that doesn't mean you'll have to have a 64 bit system to run it thanks to HALs). I'm rambling now.