Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
How many of you think that NWN should be open to all timelines? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : How many of you think that NWN should be open to all timelines?

Protoss119
02-25-2006, 05:16 PM
In PnP D&D, you got to pick a timeline (Past, Present, Future, etc.) and got to go along doing pretty much anything you wanted. In NWN, however, it HAS to be in the past and you're walked by the module - only partly in control of your character. The only way to fix this is through Hak Packs and Persistent World modules. Perhaps a few people resent this.

Almuric
02-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Well you're forgetting that this is "NeverWinter Nights". As in the game is built for the Forgotten Realms and it's based in the city of NeverWinter. If the name of the game was Dungeons & Dragons then this might be a little different.

Protoss119
02-25-2006, 05:24 PM
Well, true. But still, all the MODULES made with the TOOLSET are made that way, which is quite bothersome if you're not trying to make a Forgotten Realms module.

Dweia
03-07-2006, 05:37 AM
So make a hak then (see the d20 one).

The reason they didn't put support in for everything was because they couldn't.

Instead they gave us the toolset, documentation on formats used for models, bics, 2das, hak editor, etc.

Almuric
03-07-2006, 06:18 AM
You get him Dweia! :insta:

Protoss119
03-07-2006, 01:04 PM
I downloaded the D20 one but that didn't work too well. Too many errors, but I'll keep trying.

~places a time bomb on Trog's back which blows up~

Nobody asked you to go and make fun of me!