Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Favorite Music Era [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Music Era

Almuric
01-30-2006, 07:13 PM
OK, tell us. What time period does all your favorite music come from?

Almuric
02-01-2006, 01:24 PM
wtf? no one likes music? :(

guess i need to make a new poll.

Darakian
02-01-2006, 08:32 PM
I need an everything option :(

Bushwacker
02-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah I can't pick between each decade either. I have favorites from all of them.:D

Almuric
02-02-2006, 06:28 AM
well I'm not afraid! I'm stuck in the 80's of course. :)

DiabloVT
02-15-2006, 05:56 PM
id have to say around the early 90s to 2000. thats when heavy metal and black metal really came out into the public light.
By 1990, metallica were getting huge after their Kill 'Em All album
By 1992, pantera came out with their stupidly good Cowboys From Hell album which i still listen to on a regular basis. in the following years when everything went to grunge and soft-cock rock, these guys stayed true to heavy ****n' metal and ill always love and respect them for it.
By 1993, the 'Gothenburg Sound' (ie: swedish-folk-music inspired death metal) was hittin the mainstream audience in europe and america. bands like dark tranquillity, the haunted, soilwork and opeth were hittin it big around this time and theyre still all big names in the metal scene today.
around about the same time (maybe a lil earlier) black metal was hitting it big in europe aswell. that was a time where black metal was black metal and not some repeditive riffs with poorly applied corpse paint:grin: hell, the vocalist off Mayhem (think it was them)KILLED the vocalist of a rival band! theyre makin a movie about it soon.
Then the dark ages reigned in... just like in the 70s and 80s where rock/metal became commercial with bands like KISS and some-such bands, people realised that they could make alot of money out of this so they churned out loads of uninspiring and terrible metal bands. its the era called 'The New Wave Of American Heavy Metal' *shudders* its a time where bands like slipknot, linkin park and chimaira came around and sure theyre good to listen to when ure in highschool, but **** as soon as i knew some lesser-known bands, it left these suckers for dead.

but having said that, the metal scene today is MUCH better. NWOAHM bands have pretty much died off or largely ignored, and alot of the truely great bands who've been playing for 10odd years are finally getting the recognition they deserve:D

Protoss119
04-15-2006, 08:54 PM
Personally, I love John Williams' works. In my opinion, no composer makes music like John Williams. Course, in the movies nowadays, they're too busy trying to put in excerpts of music from...well...other bands (I don't keep track of all this music!) to actually compose something that inspires a lot of emotion. What I mean is that the actual music composed by orchestras in music is supposed to be something like 15% of the plot if you catch my drift, whereas in Star Wars (and I'm not ranting about how "Star Wars is the best" and stuff because it's just an opinion), the music is around 45%. Considering today...now that's a lot. And Mr. Lucas doesn't even use any of the said excerpts, either.