Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
The "You know what really grinds my gears?" post [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : The "You know what really grinds my gears?" post

Protoss119
01-26-2006, 03:40 PM
We all have our frustrations. We all have things that really grind our gears. This is the place to share 'em. Inspired by the Family Guy move "Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story", this post is meant to be a placeholder for all our frustrations. So yeah, here are some of mine.

You know what really grinds my gears? NWN monster descriptions. Most of them are either descriptions of either what they look like, which is unnecessary since we can see them in PLAIN SIGHT, or a bit about their backround, which doesn't go very deep. Here are two examples I managed to pull out of my sleeve:

Standard Manticore Description:

A manticore is a monster in every sense of the word. It has the head of a vaguely humanoid beast, the body of a lion and the wings of a dragon. The creature's back is set with curved barbs, and its long tail ends in a cluster of vicious spikes, which it can hurl to deadly effect.

As you can see, the description is telling you what it looks like, even when you can plainly see the manticore whether you're looking at him in-game or with the toolset. Also, it gives little to nothing about its personality, etc. Of course, it's not as if everyone's supposed to know everything about the manticore, but we builders need to know this stuff so we make better modules.

CEP Manticore Description:

Manticores are fierce creatures that hunt widely for living flesh. They are cunning and evil with keen, intelligent minds. A manticore can be a deadly enemy or a valuable ally.

This description gives much more backround on the manticore, so we can build its personality a bit in this direction or in the opposite if we ever wanted to make a manticore character. With this info, you could make him have tons of lackeys that would bring him the corpses of his enemies so that he might feed on them knowing that he has the mind to command some.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who go out of their way to make fun of someone because of the way he/she looks, etc. They're called FEELINGS, nimrods, and everyone has them!

You know what really grinds my gears? When I'm playing a multiplayer game, I take one step and I die. Normally I'm not a bad sport about dying, but dying without accomplishing anything is truly frustrating.

Feel free to post any of your frustrations and/or R&R others.

Toto
01-26-2006, 05:24 PM
People who use "u" instead of "you" and "r" instead of "are" etc. :(
/Grammar Nazi

Protoss119
01-26-2006, 05:32 PM
Yeh, 1337 5p33k is pretty annoying at times.

You know what really grinds my gears? Hackers and Cheaters. "ZOMG 1 W0NZ0RS! U B T3H $UXX0RS! 1 G0T U W1TH MY 1337 H4X0R $K1LLZORS! LOLZORS!" OMFG, shut the (Bob's beepers) up already; the only reason you won is because you used HACKS! Hacks, (Bob's beepers) it!

Really, using hacks proves how much you suck at a particular game.

DiabloVT
01-27-2006, 09:43 AM
ok ive got a few things

getting dumped AGAIN by the ole "its not you its me" line haha:D
if you didnt want a bf, then why have we been together for the past 2 months, its not like you forgot to mention it:x manda, if ure readin this, for god sake if ur havin issues with a bf JUST TALK TO HIM! dont hide it away by ditching him when ure supposed to hang out.

when i goto use the computer in the mill control room (on a mine site) while im on my break, but only to find that slack bastard karl has beat me to it again because he never does any work.

people who dont use their indicators properly going around round abouts... ITS NOT ROCKET SURGERY PEOPLE! heres a crash course (keep in mind im aussie ie: we drive on the left side of the road)
1. going straight: enter the round about, upon exiting the round about (past the halfway mark) indicate left. cancel once thru the round about.
2. going left: indicate left, go left
3. going right: indicate right, when uve finished turning right (ie: straightening up to exit) flick the indicator to the left and exit
NOT HARD IS IT YOU STUPID BASTARD

people who give me shit about my long hair. listen up you goddamn slow witted small cocked tossers, if i wanted your opinion on whether i should cut my hair or not, id ask for it. everytime someone tells me "you should get it cut cuz u look like a girl" fuels the fire that urges me to grow it long enough so i can strangle said person with it. i understand that you all must have come from a very opressed childhood where your daddy used to always say "dontcha'll tell anybody i was in here last nite!", where you keep your women attached to the kitchen via ball n chain and cut ur hair as crew cuts that you can double as a sundial once u gained an errection but im sorry i cant help you with that. please find something else to talk about than wasting ur breath about how long a string of dead cells on someone elses head is:anihappy:

and finally...
skanks
for god sake women, if you want a guy to see you as anything more than a piece of ass THEN PUT SOME CLOTHES ON. nothing screams "im a full buffet and you have an empty tray" more than cork platforms, showing too much stomach, large hoop ear rings and excessive amounts of makeup. ladies, please... less is more. the only thing you need to attract the guy you want is a nice pair of shoes (sneakers [ie: vans] or heels), a tight pair of jeans that compliment your best parts (butt or legs or both) and a nice shirt that once again compliments ur best parts and hides the rest (for example, flat tummy, show ur belly button. narrow waist, tight shirt. shapely bust, room in ur shirt to accomodate the twins). its not hard to look hot, you just need the right advice and less makeup!

*takes a deep breath* ok end rant.

MissChaos
01-27-2006, 10:21 PM
You know what really grinds my gears? That REALLY pathetic stereotype that female gamers have to be 500lb's and look like they got hit by a school bus and an entourage of trucks! TOTAL BS!

You know what really grinds my gears? Adorable boyfriends! Sometimes when I'm PO'd and upset I want to wallow in it a little, plot evil revenge, wander around muttering and cursing but then he comes in being completely and totally adorable and I can't be angry or whatever anymore.

You know what really grinds my gears? That whole attitude in MMO games like Counterstrike where if you're playing well every starts the whole "0mg! HAXX0R! Y0ur3 us1ng haX5 and ch3@ts!" HELLO PEOPLE! Just because I'm better than you doesn't mean I cheat!

Speaking of Counterstrike: You know what really grinds my gears? Campers, Team Killers, Team Flashers, T's who don't plant the bomb, M4 whores, noob cannons, auto shottie whores and those stupid idiots that step into your path as you open fire then bitch at you for killing them. HEY ****ER: OPEN YOUR EYES!

And that's a small sample of what really grinds my gears....

Darakian
01-28-2006, 12:44 AM
Calm down missy, you wanna know what grinds my gears? Reading how other people make mountains out of mole hills with tiny problems they have :P

DiabloVT
01-28-2006, 01:07 AM
3 outta 5 of my rants extend to the real world:D

Protoss119
01-28-2006, 06:39 AM
Sounds like Counterstrike isn't a good game to play on the internet, despite how good a game it is.

You know what really grinds my gears? People who like to stick their noses into every little subject and know little to nothing about privacy. I believe you are familiar with the phrase "Mind your own business"!?

Protoss119
02-10-2006, 02:02 PM
...OK, so that only partly grinds my gears. But you know what REALLY grinds my gears? Cornersneakers in Neverwinter Nights. We have the ultimate case against them and we can easily prove that CSing is wrong, but instead of accepting the fact that it is wrong, they go on with stuff like:

"All that matters is that you died" WRONG. How you died matters much more than that, as proven by Felonious Monk.

"(xxx) whiner(s)" What the hell does that have to do with anything? I wouldn't be whining if you weren't CSing.