Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Gargoyle Subrace/Race/Thingie [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Gargoyle Subrace/Race/Thingie

Protoss119
01-15-2006, 11:58 AM
I need your help with something.

You see, I've been looking through the PnP D&D Monster Manual and I've seen a lot of "(Monster)s as Characters". Something I found and am particularly interested in is "Gargoyles as Characters". I thought to myself, Why doesn't Bioware have any monster races/subraces? Surely there are subrace triggers for certain creatures, like if someone's subrace was "Gargoyle", he would recieve all racial benefits of the gargoyle and actually become a gargoyle himself? I'm looking for servers with this specific subrace trigger - I already know where to start looking, and that's the Role Play section. Can anyone direct me as to where I might find a module that supports subraces?

Almuric
01-15-2006, 12:08 PM
I play on 2 modules that arent roleplay and support subraces - Tornado of Souls and Lands Of Mirent Tusk. Both are located under PW Action. There's a nice subrace script at nwvault that makes it easy to add subraces to your mod. I can find if for you if you want to incorporate subraces into something you're working on.

Protoss119
01-15-2006, 07:30 PM
Tornado of Souls has been down for a while. I used to visit that a lot with my monk/harper scout. Mirent Tusk, I've been to, but only once.

Thanks a million, Trog. I owe you one. I'll look on NWvault and find the subrace script. If you could post a link to the script, that would be extra helpful, but that's up to you.

Almuric
01-15-2006, 08:55 PM
I believe this is the system everyone is using now: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=scripts.Detail&id=2603

It's based off of DAR (which WAS the system everyone used).

Protoss119
01-16-2006, 08:19 AM
Thanks a million, Al. What I'm also gonna try is have this subrace guy attach a hide with all the racial traits of the selected race/subrace to the user and then have him/her/it/pie see the appearance changer (courtesy of CBFMoo1) to change his/her/its/pie's appearance to that of his/her/its/pie's subrace or race. If that doesn't work, then I'll use that subrace system you linked me to.

Thanks again, Al. I owe you...two, actually.

JYAP
07-19-2006, 08:53 AM
Make sure you add spectres too.

Hey wait a minute! You stole my he/she/it/pie idea! I'LL SEE YOU IN COURT!

Almuric
07-19-2006, 09:53 AM
Did this ever get done?

Protoss119
07-23-2006, 10:45 AM
I got a new comp and lost all my modules, save for 1 and that's in transit. T_T

~is in a Tennis Court~

Guy: Wrong court, phool!