Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Help please [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Darakian
12-04-2005, 03:22 AM
Ok well heres the situation a friend of mine who I have known since we were both somthing like 4 has started to get into drugs quite heavily; weed, shrooms, "silvia" (?), and a host of others. Anyway I want to know how I can stop him from throwing his life away like this. Currently he hangs out with a bunch of girls that are quite simply crack whores and a bunch of other stoners. Now this guy is like my brother and it really hurts me knowing he has no future as it stands so any advice is appreciated :(

Almuric
12-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Hmmm...ways to change him without pissing him off.

Well, you could assemble a bunch of pictures of people who have used the drugs he's using and got completely f'd up.

Such as - pictures of what you mouth looks like after using drugs and all your teeth fell out (I believe it's called meth mouth), car accidents cause by drugs, etc.

Then let him come over and say "Hey look at these funny pictures of dumbasses on my PC!" Dont tell him they're all drug related, but hopefully they'll be labeled.

**Yes, yes, this is a very passive idea, but this is serious stuff and I'm not gonna recommend anything big on a website as I'm not a professional counselor or something**

Ideas from people who actually used to be addicts and kicked it would be helpful.

Bushwacker
12-04-2005, 03:37 PM
The truth is bro. Know one can make him stop. This is something he has to do on his own. Nothing you say will make him quit. The only thing that could make him quit is if he got put in jail. Sorry man but that’s the brutal truth of it. The only thing you can do is be there for him and encourage him to stop. Don't preach, don't be down on him, just point out the obvious, like what kind of life he has to look forward to if he continues his present course.

This is a very tuff situation to deal with man and I feel your pain. Trust me I’ve been there. I can tell you this…If his habit becomes life threatening you may think about getting others involved and I'm not talking about friends and family. You might lose a friend but what’s worse, a friend or a friends life and possibly him taking someone else with him.

Sorry man don't know if that helped or made you feel worse. Probably worse.

MissChaos
12-04-2005, 07:09 PM
This one really hits close to home for me and I know how difficult the situation you're in is. Bushwacker is right, this is a journey your friend is going to have to make on his own because he's not going to stop until he wants to, until he's ready. That's when your friend is going to need the help of those around him.... Just try and hang in there and keep an eye on your friends consumption, make sure they're not pushing themselves towards an overdose....

Darakian
12-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Well thanks for the advice guys, I guess I knew that just being there was going to be the course of action, just wish there was somthing more I could do :(