Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Got CoD 2 [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Got CoD 2

Bushwacker
11-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Well I got the game and it's pretty cool. Just started playing it so I can't offer much to say about it. Except that it does have coding issues. It ran like shit at first. I had to turn stuff down, which "I am not acustome to doing" :madgo: I read some forums here and there and alot of people are having the same trouble. Once I got it to smooth out though the game is cool enough. I think I will stop playing it untill a patch comes out to address the code issues. :huh:

Bushwacker
11-19-2005, 10:09 PM
Okay well I couldn’t wait so I haxord the ini files and got the game to run good with nice gfx and all I can say is....I should of waited for the price to come down because I was a bit disappointed. Don't get me wrong the game was ok and the graphics are ok, but it just wasn’t all that...you know what I mean. You ever get a game and had all these expectations and well it just falls a bit short.

Well COD II did that for me. I really thought it would of been better. Oh well its not a total loss. I still enjoyed the game. The online multiplayer is pretty cool. Which brings me to another point about the game. You all know that playing AI is...well okay, but just not the same as playing your friends or getting online and kicking the shit out of some unknown soldier. Well when I got online for the first time I found myself playing some real pro's. I did well enough...meaning I stayed within the top ten consistently, but I was hearing allot of chat about how the servers were sucking. I hit at least a dozen servers in my three hours of game play and all I heard was besides the normal game play stuff was the server admin bitching. There were a lot of server restarts and map switching…Patches weren’t working and neither was the server optimizations, didn’t seem like what they did would work. Well finally I got tired of it all and decided to just get the **** out of it all all together. I was so pissy because I just spent $50 on a game that I thought would be a good spin off of the original and it just sucked ass. Well I went back the next day and when I hit the server refresh I seen all these servers start popping up that weren’t there before, I was like what the hell what is going on here. Man this whole realm just sucked ass yesterday, why the hell is it all the sudden coming together with all these new servers. Well I found out that it was just my Norton going through some updates and optimizations of its own. Let me tell you I was so pissed at myself. I automatically started blaming the game and or the isp or whoever else I could and didn’t bother to look at what was going on with my own machine.

Well that’s all I got to say about that!!!!

MissChaos
11-19-2005, 10:39 PM
Argh! I've been sitting here for like a week contemplating wether or not I want to shell out the $$ for CoD 2 and this still doesn't help LOL! What's the attitude online like amongst the players? Is there a lot of shit talking like you get on CS or are the people there more content to just shut up and play? That's the biggest selling point for me, I hate being stuck on a server with 15 other people that would rather brag about how great their skills are or how superior their rig is to everyone else's than play.....

Bushwacker
11-20-2005, 12:09 PM
I think it all depends on what server you get on Missy. Your always going to get the assholes but for the most part it was decent enough. Your getting alot of the same people that play CoD 1. The game play online is still good, you just have to find a good server and hope there isnt any aholes on there. But if there are, just do like I do and don't say anything and make it your mission to pick on just them. :naughty: Work your way through the map and kill them at any cost.

MissChaos
11-20-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Bushwacker@Nov 20 2005, 01:09 PM
I think it all depends on what server you get on Missy. Your always going to get the assholes but for the most part it was decent enough. Your getting alot of the same people that play CoD 1. The game play online is still good, you just have to find a good server and hope there isnt any aholes on there. But if there are, just do like I do and don't say anything and make it your mission to pick on just them. :naughty: Work your way through the map and kill them at any cost.
heheheh good plan there :) I think you've sold me on the game though, I'll go grab myself a copy when I have the $$..... I'll just single out those jerks and give em a mouthful of that patented Missy attitude if they try and get all nasty hehehe

Almuric
08-30-2007, 03:53 PM
I'll be setting up a dedicated CoD 2 server tonight for WN. :)

Bushwacker
08-30-2007, 05:33 PM
Umm why are you doing that, are you playing the game now or just doing a favor?

Almuric
08-31-2007, 07:30 AM
Doing a favor. Found out it's harder to setup one if you dont own the game. :P

Bushwacker
08-31-2007, 09:07 AM
LMAO:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Almuric
08-31-2007, 09:22 AM
you know there's over 3gb worth of files needed for the dedicated server? crazy!