Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Survival Horror Games [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Survival Horror Games

DiabloVT
09-11-2005, 02:53 AM
Ask anyone n theyll tell u that im a HUGE fan of survival horror games of all types. i just like the fact that im intereacting with something that can truly freak the shit out of me, but also tell a real convincing story. cuz after all, thats what i love most about gaming, telling a great story! :D
most of the time its games like resident evil or silent hill where ure chucked into a situation with zombies or weird things, and u strap on ur shotgun and get to the killin, which is all well and good considering how ridicliously good the silent hill series is.
but recently ive found abit of a niche market, survival horror games that are quite literally all about survival. games without blasting zombies with shotguns, but instead running for ur life! and im actually starting to like these better, where u see a big ****er guy chasing u n uve gotta find a hiding spot before u panic urself to death!
ive only managed to find 3 such games that fit this description; Clock Tower 3, Haunting Ground and Fatal Frame 3... ive got the 1st two and i dont think the 3rd one is sold in australia. anyone know of any more of these type of survival horror games? or any survival horror games at all? :jump:

Darakian
09-11-2005, 04:23 AM
Try eternal darkness, wonderful game that will scare the shit out of you :)

DiabloVT
09-13-2005, 12:35 AM
dont have a GCN :bawl:

Ninja-Panda
09-13-2005, 01:48 AM
then get 1! (or wait for the revolution thats gonna pwn)

resi evil 4 (sweeeeeeet game)
eternal darkness: sanity's requiem
resi evil 1 (i know its been played to death but the new graphics on GC version add a whole new layer of pant soiling)
metroid prime 2, not so much horror but still a v good survival game

those r the best 1's on GC, if i think of anymore i'll post em

DiabloVT
09-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Ninja-Panda@Sep 12 2005, 11:48 PM
resi evil 1 (i know its been played to death but the new graphics on GC version add a whole new layer of pant soiling)
yeah i know my bro has it on his GCN. i played the original on PS1 and i think it was the 1st survival horror game i played, pitty ur character moved like a tank =\

Ninja-Panda
09-14-2005, 09:24 AM
yeah, thats what makes resi 4 so much better, its over the shoulder view, 3rd person shooter not fixed camera

DiabloVT
09-20-2005, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Ninja-Panda@Sep 14 2005, 07:24 AM
yeah, thats what makes resi 4 so much better, its over the shoulder view, 3rd person shooter not fixed camera
yeah my bros been on my back for months to get that game, but im gonna wait for the PS2 release in a few weeks or months time (cant remember release date)

Ninja-Panda
09-27-2005, 03:44 PM
its commin out on ps2? man that suks, ps2 can't handle those graphics :P

its a good game, and aslong as they don't change anythin u'll have loads of fun second time round (infinite ammo rocket launcher :P)

oh and if u ever get stuck just ask, im on round 3 now, goin for hard mode nxt

DiabloVT
09-30-2005, 10:32 PM
well im home for the time being so ive been racking up the hours on RE4 and it is STUPIDLY excellent :shoot:
im up to chapter 4:2 atm, which is about 5 mins ahead of when u have to kill two of those giant ogre kinda guys! TWO! sure enough u can waste one of em in the lava, but that other guy totally soaked up alot of my ammo :furious:

Ninja-Panda
10-02-2005, 05:45 AM
lol use the magnum, 3 shots between each slash should do it

im almost there myself on round 3 lol

btw when it looks like ur gettin towards the end of the castle and u climb a lot of stairs buy a rocket launcher from the merchant if u can, the salazar fight is stupidly easy with it (1 hit kill) in fact so is saddler lol but thats at the very end

u'll know when ur gettin near to him cause there will be a cut-scene where leon throws his knife straight in to the palm of salazar's hand, then u just work ur way up (the treasure at the top is well hidden) then get a rocket launcher, enter the room start the fight, (shot the eye with shotgun)

trust me it will all make sense when u get there

oh and almost straight after u kill him u finish disc 1

hope that helps

DiabloVT
10-02-2005, 06:51 AM
yeah i just finished the game earlier today... what a great game!!
the end boss was pretty damn easy tho, compared to that other guy you fight in the ruins (the dude from RE2, forget his name). he was actually pretty annoying, he sure soaks up alot of damage!
but salazar, sadler and that HUGE monster thingo (you know the one ;) ) were all pretty damn easy to kill if ure an ok shot with the rocket launcher. i know u only get one shot with it, and i know each shot of it costs a colossal $30k, but even so, makes it abit tooo easy i think.
im keen to buy the PS2 version when it comes out :charge:

Ninja-Panda
10-02-2005, 02:41 PM
lol yeah, the mercinary games are kool, so is the ada mission, get sum kool new guns from them if u play the same file again

+ if u save up 1million (easier than it sounds) u can get an unlimited rocket launcher

trust me u can have sum fun with that!!!