Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Woot for Fathers Day! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Woot for Fathers Day!

MissChaos
09-04-2005, 03:45 PM
So I don't know about everyone else but it was Fathers Day yesterday in Australia and imo that has to be one of the coolest days of the year! My Dad is, without a doubt, the coolest Dad ever so a day of doing whatever makes him happy is really worthwhile!

So a few months ago my Mom bought him a new boat. It's this 25ft cruiser all rigged up for fishing and water ski'ing so we took it out deep sea fishing yesterday and HOLY HELL! I used to go fishing a lot when I used to live down south (It's a very popular past time in Aus) and was rather excited to try my skills out in the big, scary ocean.

This time of year is fantastic for it on the coast where I live. There were dolphins following our boat out and whale's playing not far off shore, jumping around out of the water and such. WOW! There's nothing like seeing such amazing and graceful creatures in their natural habitat to put you back into perspective about your place in the world as a lil ole human.

So like that couldn't get any better: We were kicking back, fishing, drinking beer when something nearly tears my rod and shoulders right off my body...... So after playing with this fish for the better part of 40 minutes (Oh the pain!) I managed to score myself a shark! I was all "HOLY ****!" It measured in at 4ft so can you say proud much?

I'll post photo's when my Dad gets them off his digi cam, including the one's of the 2 young guys in this hell sexy yacht who hailed us to get mine and my sister's phone numbers (Yes, of all the places to pick up! ROFL!)

But my point to this thread: Father's rock! Especially mine! And one day a year to appreciate the man who raised and shaped me into the person I am today at times really doesn't seem to be enough.......

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some sunburn that needs attending....LOL!

Ninja-Panda
09-04-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by MissChaos@Sep 4 2005, 10:45 PM
Now if you'll excuse me, I have some sunburn that needs attending....LOL!
ouch lol ah the punishment of having fun in the sun....

missy in a bikini... now there's a thought! :P

sounds like a lotta fun, can't wait to see the photo's, specially the shark lol

Darakian
09-04-2005, 07:46 PM
A shark O_O
A pickup at sea O_O you sure they are not pirates?
A sun burn O_O... mind posting pics? ;)