Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Raid Infernal's best friend [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Raid Infernal's best friend

HellRaid
08-31-2005, 11:37 AM
IC:
"So tell me, Richard - what does this armour do that's such a great improvement on normal power armour?" asked Federal High Commander-In-Chief HellRaid.

"Well, Hell, the old models were a bit cubersome and slow, in our opinion. Also, they had a tendancy to get clogged easily in trenches, and that sytematic motivator was a kind of - rather lethal - design flaw at the back of the armour." said Richard Haines, leader of the Brotherhood of the Dawn.

"I see. Continue."

"Well, we removed the motivator. It's all done inside the armour now. We've also improved the joint mechanisms. See?"

The soldier in the armour did a rather agile salute for something that big.

"I see," stated HellRaid, "What about protection? Radiation and viral, to be precise."

"Well, only about 10% of radiation can penetrate the armour, in comparison to the 25% for the older model. The air filter more or less channels out the vast majority of harmful viruses and gases. We also made an improvement to the armour on the joints where the armour was weakest beforehand."

"That's always good to hear. What about the eyes? I was told they were very vulnerable. And the EMP fluctuations, and power outage."

"Alas, nothing can be done about EMP or the eyes. EMP always affects electronic equipment, and we use the toughest material we can without obstructing eyesight already. It's still impervious to flame weapons, as you know. But we managed to increase the battery in the suit. They can now go for a fortnight without a recharge. Also, the torso and arms are manueverable without elecronic assistance, meaning that a soldier may still be able to fight if his suit drains. The helmet, as always, uses a seperate battery for its targeting matrix and scanners. It can last a month without recharge."

"Ah, good. Any other new features I should know about?"

"Why yes. You'll love this part. You see this chunk of metal at the back here where the motivator used to be?"

"Of course."

"Well, under this plating is a... different sort of motivator."

"How so?"

"This motivator is attuned solely to the arms. It's activated via a button inside the gauntlet. It drains power from the suit very quickly."

"So what does it do?"

"Sergeant, please demonstrate."

A large tank was brought into the room. It was one of the few Raid Infernal kept, solely for emergencies. They were too large and too cubersome a thing. The Power Armoured warrior strode over to it, and tore his way right through it. As he reached the engines, he raised his arms and ripped them apart, causing a large explosion. The warrior was flung across the room, but nimbly got back up to his feet.

"I'm suprised he survived," stated HellRaid, "Power armour doesn't like explosions."

"Including this model, sir. He wasn't meant to do that. He was showing off, I think."

"Very well. Give him a medal... and charge him for the tank."

"Will do, sir. This motivator also allows the soldier to carry weapons much larger than he normally should."

"I've heard enough! I want these mass-produced immediately. All old models must be replaced where possible!"

"Indeed, sir. We'll get right to it."

"Oh, and start designing that... other project I mentioned. Right away."

The nation's leader then walked out of the room, cackling maniacally.

OOC:
No, I'm not sharing. In fact, if you read my nation's history, you'll know that my nation destroyed all the Brotherhood of the Dawn's international factories and offices. Advanced Powered Armour was only meant for one nation :)

-=Hell Out=-

MissChaos
08-31-2005, 12:33 PM
awwww no fair! You're not sharing! *sniffles* IM GONNA TELL MY MOMMY!

Ninja-Panda
08-31-2005, 01:06 PM
lol nice 1 hell

oh and not a wise idea to make missy cry

HellRaid
08-31-2005, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by MissChaos@Aug 31 2005, 07:33 PM
awwww no fair! You're not sharing! *sniffles* IM GONNA TELL MY MOMMY!
Haha, if you're nice I'll give you some of the older models. Like normal Powered Armour. Pffft :P

-=Hell Out=-