Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
What's Your Favorite Game Type? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Favorite Game Type?

Almuric
08-19-2005, 07:33 AM
Vote!

MissChaos
08-19-2005, 10:54 AM
I chose RTS but I like RTS and FPS rather evenly, it depends on my mood :)

I'm such a little Counterstrike Source fiend *runs off her with AWP*

Almuric
08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Lately I've really been enjoying some RTS, but there's nothing like a long relaxing game of RPG. I can drink and eat and still play it with no problems. ;)

Ninja-Panda
08-20-2005, 02:05 AM
rts - fps/rpg - anythin else lol

MissChaos
08-20-2005, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by Trog@Aug 19 2005, 11:17 AM
Lately I've really been enjoying some RTS, but there's nothing like a long relaxing game of RPG. I can drink and eat and still play it with no problems. ;)
Very true! That's what I enjoy so much about NWN and why I could play it for 6-7 hours at a time, because I could get up and grab a snack or a drink or put some washing outside to dry etc. etc.

Darakian
08-20-2005, 05:06 AM
I enjoy a good FPS and RPG from time to time (I hate MMO RPGs) but my heart will always be with the good old RTS :)

DiabloVT
08-20-2005, 05:18 AM
im more into metal gear solid / theif kinda games... thats sorta FPS i guess, but there should be a sub-genre in this poll! haha, and for that reason i chose RPG instead. not a big fan of those uber-big PC RPGs like NWN or BG etc. but i love a good final fantasy or linear-ish ones like god of war or jade empire

Bushwacker
08-20-2005, 08:58 AM
I have always loved FPS games. My favorite ones are the action adventure type. The half Life series will always be my first love followed by the Deus Ex series, Quake II, Doom series Far Cry, Call of Duty I – UO and the like. I mean yeah I like to just get into a meaningless frag fest now and then with games like the Unreal Tournament series, Quake III, and CS but I would rather have something that has a plot/story to it.

Lately, for about the last six or eight months or so I have wanted to give a good RTS/RPG game a try. There are just a few things that prevent me from doing it. First you have to pay to play and that to me just sucks. Although I could probably work that out if I really liked it. The other thing is time. Between work, school and family my time is pretty limited. So if I find that I really like the game, I could totally see myself shrugging off certain responsibilities here and there just to play the game.

Who knows, I may find the time once fall term starts and I see how my schedule is going to be.

Almuric
08-20-2005, 10:25 AM
Bush, you dont pay to play RTS and RPGs. NWN, Warcraft, Warhammer....all free to play online.

Bushwacker
08-20-2005, 07:41 PM
What about World of WarCraft or any of the Star Wars games? Hey does NWN have a demo? Humm I'm gonna go check on that right now.

Ok well I found this Site (http://pc.ign.com/articles/379/379605p1.html) is this what Im looking for or where I should start? Or do you have a better game in mind that I should try. Trog you know I am totaly into the graphics thing so try and think of that while you think of what game you would recomend I start with :tup:

MissChaos
08-20-2005, 09:28 PM
Originally posted by Bushwacker@Aug 20 2005, 08:58 AM
I have always loved FPS games. My favorite ones are the action adventure type. The half Life series will always be my first love followed by the Deus Ex series, Quake II, Doom series Far Cry, Call of Duty I – UO and the like. I mean yeah I like to just get into a meaningless frag fest now and then with games like the Unreal Tournament series, Quake III, and CS but I would rather have something that has a plot/story to it.

Lately, for about the last six or eight months or so I have wanted to give a good RTS/RPG game a try. There are just a few things that prevent me from doing it. First you have to pay to play and that to me just sucks. Although I could probably work that out if I really liked it. The other thing is time. Between work, school and family my time is pretty limited. So if I find that I really like the game, I could totally see myself shrugging off certain responsibilities here and there just to play the game.

Who knows, I may find the time once fall term starts and I see how my schedule is going to be.
DAWN OF WAR! It's RTS, free to play online and graphically it's so very, very sexy! The campaign has a nice little plot behind it and it actually requires some thought to play.... Add to that a damn fine new expansion pack due out REALLY soon and you've got yourself one very nice game :D

Ninja-Panda
08-21-2005, 03:12 AM
right well if its comin down to pluggin our favourite games then here goes

GunBound is RTS its COMPLETELY free to play, there are costs but they are completely optional, it only takes up a small amount of computer space compared to DoW and there is a new game, Rakion, that is out soon which u can use the same acc for which is completely different, u got archers mages ninjas!!! and u have to kill the other team in hand to hand combat!!

Almuric
08-21-2005, 08:36 AM
The greedy game creators have confused you Bush. World of Warcraft is an MMORPG. It shares nothing with the original game except the name.

So far as NWN goes, yes it has a demo. But knowing you and your thirst for high end games you wont like it. The game is over 3 years old now so it will seem a bit dated to you.

Bushwacker
08-22-2005, 12:51 PM
So Trog what game are you recomending?

MissChaos
08-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Bushwacker@Aug 22 2005, 12:51 PM
So Trog what game are you recomending?
DAWN OF WAR! OMG! lol!

Yes, I do worship this game :P Trog, tell the man he needs some Warhammer lol

Almuric
08-22-2005, 06:26 PM
He's tried it...didnt like it.

Ninja-Panda
08-22-2005, 06:30 PM
so he then he must try GunBound, or Rakion, they are both completely free and both are brilliant games

MissChaos
08-23-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Trog@Aug 22 2005, 06:26 PM
He's tried it...didnt like it.
I'm shocked and/or disgusted *faints*

In other suggestions: The latest Prince Of Persia is worth checking out and Thief 3: Deadly Shadows is also rather impressive.....

Bushwacker
08-23-2005, 01:04 PM
So is there a demo for multiplayer out there?

Almuric
08-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Nope. To play multiplayer you gotta buy the game.

Risen
09-01-2005, 08:33 AM
MMO? well there are RPG MMO's and FPS MMO's and RTS MMO's...

btw bush there is a free trial for EQ2 and there was one for SWG i posted on the old forum at one point. not sure about WoW

Bushwacker
09-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah I remember that. Right now I'm playing DS and Knights of the old Republic. Have to say I like Knights better than DS. :anihappy:

MissChaos
09-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Bushwacker@Sep 1 2005, 09:34 AM
Yeah I remember that. Right now I'm playing DS and Knights of the old Republic. Have to say I like Knights better than DS. :anihappy:
KOTOR or KOTOR 2? The second one is so much prettier than the first one, although both are pretty sweet

Bushwacker
09-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Playing the first one now. Have the second one to, but I was told that if I wanted to get the full story effect I should play the first one before before moving right to the second one.

Protoss119
02-19-2006, 04:43 PM
RPG, RTS, and FPS have caught my interest on several occasions...so I don't know what to decide on.

DiabloVT
03-05-2006, 08:36 PM
wheres driving simulation, adventure RPG, beat 'em ups? theyre my 3 favourite genres haha...