Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Where oh where [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Where oh where

Bushwacker
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
where are you Risen?

and how are ya man. :anihappy:

Risen
08-04-2005, 02:43 PM
i'm here i troll around a bit but i don't play the same games as the crowd here so mostly i keep quiet :erm:

anyway I am doing good and enjoying sony's station pass which allows me one price for pretty much all of their online games to date.

I play SWG, EQ2, and Planetside now.

Almuric
08-04-2005, 03:10 PM
oooo...he's on planetside now.

Bushwacker
08-10-2005, 07:39 AM
Planetside??

So how is that game? Never payed it.

Almuric
08-10-2005, 09:36 AM
It's P2P, so I will never know. :(

Risen
08-11-2005, 08:20 AM
well i picked up PS cause i was already paying for sony's station pass so for me it was free.

As for the game it is kind of like ut and halo mixed a bit.

The story seems to be that the earths military had an accident and somehow the new Warp gate technology they were using to transport troops great distances in the blink of an eye sent their large installation and placed it on another planet.

Once there the military personel started exploring and trying to figure things out. What they found is they have no way back and they are on a planet once inhabited by an ancient alien race that left behind some technology.

3 warring factions emerge from this the Terran Republic (core military fighting for solidarity), the New Conglomerate (a split from the military fighting for freedom), the Vanu Sovereignty (a split from the military interested in salvaging and using the alien technology to ascend/dominate).

As to game play it is kind of like all FPS games. Movement is a combo of mouse and wasd or joystick. There are ground and air vehicles single and multiple player. There are bases and small towers all over the various continents and you fight to control them.

you can spend points toward armor, weapons, support stuff(meds and repair), and skills like driving, flying, hacking, building and repairing.

death has NO meaning in this game much like any fps you die and respawn and go back out to kill. armor and weapons can be picked back up easily after each death.

so you might log on and tell your clan/outfit that you are looking for a squad and they will put you in a group. Then you go grab your armor and weapons and a dune buggy on the way to a warp gate a squad member jumps in your dune and you enter the gate and see all the continents and where your squad is in relation. you then warp to the nearest friendly or independant gate on the continent of your choice and drive there while your buddy picks off people witht he guns ont he way.

once their your squad and many others fight the other side(s) to gain control of a base and hopefully eventually trhe whole continent. each base controlled gives you more benefits. going from safe home base to fighting on the planet usually takes as little as 3-5 mins and from a respawn even less 1-2

there are fighter planes, atv's, dune buggies, tanks, mech's, large passenger planes and autos, turrets, etc.

you can shoot others or heal or repair or some of all. you can fight inside and outside. there is a stealth infiltration suit used primarily by hackers to get into bases but it has limitations and you can get implants to allow you to target further, be radar invisible, increase rate of fire, etc.

Almuric
08-11-2005, 08:26 AM
I didnt realize that they had released PS for Sony Playstation.