Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Hardest Game Youve Ever Played [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Game Youve Ever Played

DiabloVT
07-23-2005, 12:42 AM
yakno over the years u come across a game every so often that really sucks you in with either great graphics, awesome gameplay or a real tear-jerker of a story line, only to lay the smackdown on ur ass by presenting u with an unsurpassable challenge. a challenge that doesnt become delt with after a few throws of the controller or keyboard at the tv or monitor.
i think my beginnings with the hardest games of all time started way back in the NES days with a little game called battletoads... yes you know the one :madgo: ... THAT ****ING SPACESHIP ONE WHERE YOU HAVE TO DODGE THE WALL THINGOS AND DO IMPOSSIBLE JUMPS!!!!

well the reason im bringing up this topic is a game called Ninja Gaiden, ure a ninja, and u have to destroy tanks n stuff, and its harder than it sounds =\

anyone else got a favourite "that game is way too ****ing hard man, way too hard" story?

Toto
07-23-2005, 05:04 AM
LoadRunner was the first game that made me cry in anger :P

Jman
07-23-2005, 11:39 AM
umh...Iono really...uhhh....A ledgend of Zelda the WindWaker...collecting the shards almost drove me to commit suicide

MissChaos
07-23-2005, 07:13 PM
Hmmmm Doom 3 or Half Life 2.....

But that's cos I have crapz0r FPS skills hehe

DiabloVT
07-23-2005, 10:25 PM
well doom 3 wasnt the hardest game in my books, but it was definitly "hard" to finish, as in it scared me :bawl:
another game thats a bastard to finish, but not really all that difficult, is final fantasy X... im 60 hours into it and im still not good enough to beat sin =(

Vitz
07-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Well if anyone has ever done it, the 'Learning to Fly' mission in GTA San Andreas. It's like...impossible the first 219856 times. And when you FINALLY passed it, you find out you have to it AGAIN. The EXACT same thing, only this time you have to land your plane as well.
This made me hit a hole in my wall. Seriously.

Sanguinius
07-26-2005, 11:53 AM
:bawl: i would have to say Elite on the commador 64 99% of the game i enjoyed but when my jump drive failed and had to fight for your life vrs thargon ships and me being 5 years old and totlay haveing a panic attack coz THERE WAS NO ****ING STARS that i h8ed with a pashen ........ Even now on freelancer i feal sick to my belly at 26 yes 26 in the bad lands COZ AGANE NO STARS !!!!! :bawl: :bawl:

Bushwacker
07-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Donky Kong :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

J/k Quake II comes to mind off the top of my head. Was the first pc game I played.

Ninja-Panda
08-05-2005, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Jman@Jul 23 2005, 06:39 PM
umh...Iono really...uhhh....A ledgend of Zelda the WindWaker...collecting the shards almost drove me to commit suicide
nah man that was easy

ocarina of time from water dungeon onwards

god that got hard, i had to wait till i got it with windwaker to complete it (good ol action replay with invincibility!!)

beanfish
08-06-2005, 11:51 AM
Warcraft 1 is definetly the hardest game in my eyes,
it takes you like a good 20 minutes to get a reasonable force (that means like 7 units, ugh) but when you attack, your uberknights/ogres, upgraded to paladins/ogre magi, get killed by a single catapult/ballista shot, those things were just too imba to be true,
ive never been able to get past lvl7&beyond without cheats, not even when i replayed the game (for its story) a year ago even after having loads of RTS experience with wc3 (the game also simply does not allow any micromanagement or "dancing" at all ^^)

DiabloVT
08-12-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by beanfish@Aug 6 2005, 09:51 AM
the game also simply does not allow any micromanagement or "dancing" at all ^^
bwahaha dancing in DoW is awesome. its like a benny hill episode but with guns

MissChaos
08-16-2005, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by DiabloVT+Aug 12 2005, 10:27 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (DiabloVT @ Aug 12 2005, 10:27 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-beanfish@Aug 6 2005, 09:51 AM
the game also simply does not allow any micromanagement or "dancing" at all ^^
bwahaha dancing in DoW is awesome. its like a benny hill episode but with guns [/b][/quote]
ROFL&#33; I kinda get a Saturday Night Fever/John Travolta vibe from my Force Commander during insane battle moments..... And my Chaos Sorcerer in some disturbing way moves like Cher....... *scares herself*

DiabloVT
08-20-2005, 05:26 AM
well ive got another hardest game entry, and this comes from the SUPREMLY insanely awesome title of Metal Gear Soild 3 : Snake Eater. if u havent got this game, do urself a favour n sell urself on the street for the some &#036;50-&#036;70 this game costs because it has an unbelievable story line coupled with one of the best endings ive seen next to Silent Hill 2.
the game itself isnt overly difficult, about 20-25 hours to finish, but once u do u unlock all these nice extras like the "European Extreme" mode. now, its hard enough already on extreme because u get hit a few times and its all over red-rover, and this makes boss battles ridicliously hard. but in THIS form of extreme difficulty, if u get spotted by any of the guards (if u can get away from em before they can find u, ure fine) its game over&#33; couple this with the very low health bar and less than half the normal amount of ammunition u can carry, its really really really difficult to do anything haha&#33;

it also takes away the best part of the game i reckon. when ure behind a door, and u kno a guard is gonna come thru from the other side, so u whip out ur M37 shotgun, wait till the door opens and BAM&#33; they literally go flying to the other side of the room in a big bloody mess hahaha&#33; extremely satisfying

Ninja-Panda
08-20-2005, 08:38 AM
iv just thought of another, its not really difficult as in toughness but length and amount u have to do to fully complete it

i didn&#39;t manage to get everythin and i racked up around 75 hours&#33;

of course it would help if i said what game, skies of arcadia legends

btw the final boss is a real biatch, purely because after i beat it it wouldn&#39;t let me save it so i had to keep re-fighting it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bushwacker
08-22-2005, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by DiabloVT@Aug 20 2005, 03:26 AM
well ive got another hardest game entry, and this comes from the SUPREMLY insanely awesome title of Metal Gear Soild 3 : Snake Eater.
So how are the graphice on this game? I take it...it is a FPS action adventure game? :anihappy:

DiabloVT
08-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Bushwacker+Aug 22 2005, 01:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bushwacker @ Aug 22 2005, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DiabloVT@Aug 20 2005, 03:26 AM
well ive got another hardest game entry, and this comes from the SUPREMLY insanely awesome title of Metal Gear Soild 3 : Snake Eater.
So how are the graphice on this game? I take it...it is a FPS action adventure game? :anihappy: [/b][/quote]
not really FPS, its got a 1st person view in it, but u cant move when its on... its like a fixed camera shooter, pretty dated but it still does the job. but yes, the game does look amazing :tup: