Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Which plane will you be? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Which plane will you be?

Madd
09-27-2003, 08:55 PM
well, now i am starting it at the one poll per week thing, so here is the first one

i will normally do it on sundays, but i started this one early because i wont be around much tomarrow i think

Almuric
09-28-2003, 08:13 AM
Whats with all you fire people? Air will rule! 8)

Madd
09-28-2003, 08:21 AM
i like the fire armor the best, thats the only reason why i choose it...i like the earth armors the best, except for the light and clothing ones, they are kinda brown....o well, i think earth would be my next

WNxIthron Eldin
09-28-2003, 10:07 AM
I chose Air also. I just like the all around energy that comes with Air.

Genocide
09-28-2003, 10:46 AM
You haven't seen Air's Fortress. I changed it all up :) Easily the best looking fortress of them all.

WNxRune
10-01-2003, 04:31 PM
earth!
Im a druid so I guess taht makes sense :razz:

:-x :P :P :razz: :oops: :lol: :x :mad: :cool: :eek: :shock: :? 8) :o :sad: :-( :( :D :grin: :) :-)

wweeeee

Bounty Hunter
10-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Air and Water have best looking elelmentals but since none of you pus*ies is voting for water I will. :P :D

Now I´m cofused. Geno told me before that first time you enter the server you will be automatically added to a team. So that there are no overbalanced teams. Did you change the idea now? Can you choose what team to join?

Almuric
10-01-2003, 05:28 PM
Your team is not chosen for you, but you will not be able to join an overpowered team. I'll have to ask Geno if the script goes by total number of players per team, or just how many are online currently.

Genocide
10-01-2003, 06:52 PM
The script checks each team and how many players are on each team when you join a team. If say Fire had 4 players and the rest have 5 players, you will only be able to join Fire, to have harmony of team balance. Now if say people leave the game and come back later and overload the teams, nothing I can do there, cept get DM involvement. That is the hardest thing to do, balance team numbers. Other Team combat PWs haven't solved that problem either, at least I tried to. Myself, I don't care if someone has a 10:4 edge on me, it just raises the difficultly of the kill and thats more fun for me. Others will bitch even if there is a team out of balance by 2. Gods tries to fix this with EXP penalties, which doesn't always work either. People just like playing. No team has an edge over the other team, unlike Gods, only Good alignment can use the powerful Holy Avenger, therefore making a bit of imbalance in team structure. I don't know of any other way to make teams perfectly balanced automatically.

I have an idea, but its kinda crappy. When a player joins the server, check to see which team player is on. Then check team numbers. If player's team is heavy, player gets moved to a holding area for their team, like a hockey penalty box. That small area is cut off from the game. While waiting the player can check the status board to see if there is an opening. When or if the teams even out, that player is allowed to leave that area and enter their team area normally. This will make for a lotta people stuck in their "queue" areas and some players might on purpose attempt to keep imbalance to be mean and not let that player in the game.

See, player team balance is a hard beast to control.

Madd
10-01-2003, 07:56 PM
maybe you could figure out a way to have a person be able to switch teams, but when they do it, you make them get rid of all there eq that is non-universal, and give them back what they bought it at...i dunno if this could work, but if it could then it might be able to help the team balance...but then it's not really team vs team...just luck of the groupings

Madd
10-05-2003, 10:51 AM
closing

Air-3
Earth-2
Fire-2
Water-1