Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
One Class VS Multiclassing? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : One Class VS Multiclassing?

MissChaos
07-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Well I've been playing NWN for several months now and am 2/3 of the way through Hordes Of The Underdark but I'm not sure what the most effective way to develop my character is.... Is it better to stick to one class at say lvl 30 or to multiclass to two 15th lvls?

Atm I'm working with a 24th lvl Elf Sorcerer/Pale Master and am interested in knowing what other combinations of classes seem to work really well..... I'd reccomend the Sorcerer/PM if you like massive amounts of offensive spellcasting but still like to get into combat with the weapon of your choice

Sanguinius
07-12-2005, 11:01 AM
well theres 2 things u can do from hear sorc or go to meli but as ya going though the mage classes i suspect ull be better off stickin to 2 classes any more really isnt worth it coz the skills u gain wont be as usefull as the skills that u get carrying on lvl ya char up :) just my thoughts tho

MissChaos
07-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Yeah and the XP penalty for taking that 3rd class just aren't worth it imo. Ever since I started NWN I've been on a mission for THE perfect character...LOL! Apparently Red Dragon Disciple is a pretty awesome prestige class to take but I haven't tried it yet

Smoker
07-12-2005, 11:35 AM
I play a Monk 6 Cleric 16 WM 18 and this combo really works well in combat. The spell resistance is superb, I get buffs from cleric levels, and the WM levels increase my attacks greatly.

MissChaos
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Yeah one of the guys in my NWN party plays a short sword WM I think.... It's one I've been keen to try out although it does seem a little restricted.... I'm too in love with my damn familiars and animal companions to stray too far from those kinds of characters at times lol

Sanguinius
07-12-2005, 12:05 PM
Well i found that Dwarven Fighter + weps master kicks ass plus if u really intent of getting the perfect char u need the perfect items make a mod and make ya weps its very norty and a little cheatey but hell why not try it ;)

MissChaos
07-12-2005, 12:17 PM
When we play in a party we found a way to pool our gold then multiply it till we had a million gold each.... In Hordes it makes for some AWESOME weapons and other items early on.... I guess that's classed as cheating but I find it easier to play thru when I can have boosted Dex or Wisdom with some 1337 ring I wouldn't otherwise be able to afford.... hehe