Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Why are you people registering and never posting? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Why are you people registering and never posting?

JYAP
11-26-2005, 06:37 AM
Apart from the spam accounts,we have alot of people that just plain don't post. We're not EVIL!(...I've been trying to stop...)Come on! Post somewhere! Do something! Don't just be one of those generic dummies that don't do squat!

I mean it.

Protoss119
11-26-2005, 07:31 AM
Well, I would get onto Protoss119 and do so...IF I HAD A FREAKING E-MAIL ADDRESS THAT WORKED!!!! (Lol)

Almuric
11-27-2005, 07:44 AM
When I upgrade the boards soon you should be able to register.

Even worse is I have to delete about 5 accounts a day that are created purely for advertisements. :(

JYAP
11-27-2005, 08:03 AM
Hey Al,how bout everyone has to make a post on the day they make their account,or it's deleted? This is really dumb with people registering for the hell of it.

Almuric
11-28-2005, 03:09 PM
well I keep bragging about the new site setup, and this is one of the changes. on the new site you'll have to reply to email or account is deleted ( I have to manually delete them right now) and I'll be able to set accounts to auto-delete if they dont post within the first 10 days.

JYAP
11-28-2005, 04:56 PM
Nice...

Protoss119
02-12-2006, 07:40 AM
I had to bring this topic back up because it's the case right now.

We got flashy new forums and yet rarely anyone ever posts. Might be because they think they have to register at the forum to play on the server, which is just plain naive if you ask me.

Almuric
02-12-2006, 11:22 AM
well....almost all of those registrations were for spamming advertisements. Now we're getting down to the people who actually wanted to talk about EB. I suppose it would help if I got the server back up. Some issues came up with that PC I said I was going to put it on.

Protoss119
02-13-2006, 01:11 PM
I think what you need to do is, if you can, make the guest area actually available to guests. That way, if JYAP is that one guest snooping around like I think he is, he'll post and we'll know he's back.

Almuric
02-13-2006, 02:11 PM
tell you what..I'll do that and see if he posts.

Unregistered - Almuric
02-13-2006, 02:15 PM
ok, so here is me testing...it was already set to allow unregistered posts.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-13-2006, 06:44 PM
Correct guess. Unfortunately, WC has my soul ATM. I know you guys miss me, but you need a crowbar to get me off WC.

Almuric
02-13-2006, 07:10 PM
WC? WarCraft...no doubt it. hmmmm, wtf is WC?

Felonious Monk
02-13-2006, 10:59 PM
WoW? My brother just got that recently. He has an interesting scam going where he is trying to get the whole thing for free for as long as possible. I was tempted to get that or GW, but I really don't have the time to devote to it anymore. They don't call it World of Warcrack for nothing.

Or maybe Warcraft 3? Never really got that into it. It was pretty good as far as RTSs go, but I'm more of an RPG man myself.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-14-2006, 04:38 AM
Yeah,Warcraft. I'm into the custom games though,and not the actual strategy.

Almuric
02-14-2006, 06:23 AM
Didnt know their were mods for WC3. What do they morph the game into?

And why dont you register? better yet why dont you remember the password to your old account?

Protoss119
02-14-2006, 01:49 PM
Thanks, Al! You're the best!

Come back here any time you feel like it. I think there's a forum for games not listed as a forum if there's not a forum for WC itself.

WC = Warcraft.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-14-2006, 03:25 PM
You won't believe the different custom games available. Some let you control a hero and fight alongside computer armies and player heroes against another team,others make you create a variety of towers to stop monsters from getting through,and still others are a set of minigames ala Mario Party. Too many to count.

I don't use Email and I never wrote down my PW. X_X

Protoss119
02-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Same with Starcraft. -_-

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I overheard the DM at Eternal War say that he "didn't mind" powerleveling. If that's true, then he "doesn't mind" KD spamming, he "doesn't mind" Hit-and-Run mages, and he most certainly "doesn't mind" CSing. I generally don't know what to do, since now I can't turn to the DM to fix things. Of course, maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions, but it's a possibility.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-15-2006, 03:02 AM
Then we turn to my WC alter-ego for help.

Me:Help?

WC Ego:Ok.(raises legion of undead to slay all in his path)

But really,anything on the new EW? Anything at all?

Oh,if I find my disk,I might play when it's not Monday/Wednesday.

Halfwingseen
02-15-2006, 01:59 PM
H JYAP whats your name ive been playing C alot too WnxHalfwingseen Check the name

Protoss119
02-15-2006, 03:39 PM
My machine doesn't need the disk, for some reason. Other than what I told you, nothing's new except for the fact that you have to record your abilities (STR, DEX, etc.) into this thingy so you can get temp. HPs. I'm also making a guy called "Thingy" who is a Barbarian Archer. If one could get his/her hands on a Longbow with mighty on it, one could use him effectively due to good AB and also good damage.

P.S. Halfwing wanted to ask you what your screen name was on WC.

P.P.S. I've been playing Star Fox: Assault and Star Wars: Battlefront II for some time now.

P.P.P.S. I like pie.

Felonious Monk
02-16-2006, 03:37 AM
My machine doesn't need the disk, for some reason.

That's because the last patch disabled the check that makes sure the CD is in the drive before it starts the game. No one needs the CD to play anymore.

Protoss119
02-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Ha! Well, that kills your need to find the disk, JYAP.

Almuric
02-16-2006, 01:37 PM
So has anyone noticed we no longer have boatloads of people registering and not posting? Told you the new boards would fix that!

Unregistered-JYAP
02-16-2006, 03:59 PM
On WC my username is JYAP. Duh. I'm very picky with my selection of games though,so you won't spot me easily.

(is too lazy to log on NWN)

Protoss119
02-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Be careful on B.net. There are tons and tons of idiots just waiting to ruin a game - not to mention that B.net has no law to it whatsoever, so people can hack, flame, or do whatever despite what Blizzard decrees.

Felonious Monk
02-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Which is why I no longer play D2 (or any other Blizzard game for that matter) on Bnet. The best part about NWN is that the very nature of its online component makes it much easier to avoid the jerks and munchkins, which tend to be drawn to Bnet like flies to stink. Not that there aren't decent people out there in Bnet, just that it isn't worth wading through everyone else to find them. YMMV.

Protoss119
02-17-2006, 01:10 PM
I mean, it's like you have to be a hacker to be recognized as a "good player" around B.net. Otherwise, you're a noob, and you're gonna get flamed. I know that by experience, and thus never play Starcraft on B.net.

Felonious Monk
02-18-2006, 01:45 PM
So has anyone noticed we no longer have boatloads of people registering and not posting? Told you the new boards would fix that!

And yeah, it's nice to not have to worry about tards offering me great home financing and drugs for my hoody-hoo.

Protoss119
02-18-2006, 02:39 PM
~quickly hires a blue ARC trooper, which fires his rocket launcher and blows the advertisers to smithereens~

Halfwingseen
02-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I resent that Protoss. im recognised as a good player and im not a hacker :P you just suck lol

Protoss119
02-19-2006, 12:37 PM
I'm sure you are. However, I'm talking about if you're on B.net, where people THINK you're a noob if you aren't a hacker and not that you really are. At least, the majority of people think so.

And yes, I probably do suck at Starcraft; probably why so many jerks, nimrods, hackers, and the like see me as a noob, failing to realize that I'm not a noob at all.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Duh. Play custom games. Who cares about rank?

Protoss119
02-20-2006, 05:02 PM
The majority of people do, save for the occasional person who actually has a brain and will deal with a flamer logically (kind of like you do). If they see that you have more wins than losses, they'll be all over you. I know this as I played on B.net on numerous occasions when I was 10-11.

Unregistered-JYAP
02-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Logic? Pfft. I tear them down with sarcasm and witty observations. Those who live are subject to random insanity.

Protoss119
02-20-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Not many of them there.

Protoss119
03-11-2006, 10:23 AM
The best part about NWN is that the very nature of its online component makes it much easier to avoid the jerks and munchkins, which tend to be drawn to Bnet like flies to stink.

It's like the 18th Amendment. People are going to be bootlegging "other" custom content into the Starcraft Universe, whereas almost any custom content is allowed on NWN.