Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
New Mod Idea ive been working on. [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : New Mod Idea ive been working on.

Halfwingseen
11-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Well its a combination of 2 servers 1 you all know and 1 you may or ma not know and ive added some crap of my own in it and im working on making the arenas...on Excel so someone else can make them because my toolset sucks arse well here is the concept:

Okay there are two sides...no not good vs evil or law vs chaos or blah blah blah two rich lords hiring mercenaries ( the PCs) neither lord is good or evil because they are fighting over money making them both equally evil so the mercs can be any alginment eliminating the pally vs blackguard delema with smites.. anyway you have a 4 bases at a time 2 on the battlefield 2 off the battlefield ( 1 for each side of each ) the shops and the lord and lord banker are on both sides on the off battlefield bases
you go to these after you die. On death A PC drops "scalps" of the dead player these stack are like gems in nature for inventory space. you bring these scalps to the lords banker and get paid gold for each scalp and you get 1 token for every stack of 10 scalps you give to the banker. These tokens are given to the lord for exp. 1000 per token ( start lvl is 1 and for mages there is hope at low lvls i will explain ) and then you go and fight again now to the actual arenas.. Okay there are 3 parts to an arena that are not normal...the base where you spawn and there is a portal to the main base from here the Strategic points.. areas where if you control generate gold when you are near them slowly maybe 50 a round or 100 a round and finally treasure spots... they are refilling chests they refill AFTER every map change so its a race to get to these.. various gems potions 2-4 scalps and a token in the pillage treasure ( the ones in the others base ) also pick pocket will need to be rescripted ( this can be taken out and PP banned if need be or too hard ) to only steal scalps and gold there will be 2 types of scalps so one cannot...CANNOT... TK for scalps just drops the type that doesnt work for your team...

If anything is unclear or needs more explanation or questions or offerings for help greatly appreciated... i will continue to map out the areas in excel if anywya wants to take a look at em..

JYAP
11-14-2005, 06:43 PM
(quickly steals and copyrights idea then sues with lawninjas)

There always was hope for mages at low levels. Ray of Frost can wreak havoc on the elves and other low-con builds,as well as mages. Otherwise,sounds good.

(now wonders if we could get Eternal War Annihilation,Fortz,and this mod up and link them together to EB)
(wishes he could do something)

Felonious Monk
11-14-2005, 07:34 PM
I like it. I think I would totally get rid of PP though, as it is terribly unbalanced and doesn't fit in to the scenario very well.

Halfwingseen
11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
also I have plans to rework EVERY spell in the book even epics... to make mages able to fight back in the epic lvls im working that out probably raising every max spell limit into lvl 35ish and true seeing to work as seeing all just last short time and then allow SD's and yea PP will probably not work out i plan on keeping this true to NWN EXCEPT lvl caps too make epicm ages not get slaughtered by the lvl 40 wep masters who have dev im gonna keep dev in there heh but make the DC damage+ab*crit multiplier - opp current hp ( or just ban it cause im working on scripts now to see if i can do that ) anyone wanna see my excel maps and judge those?

and JYAP you can be a key tester if you want.

JYAP
11-18-2005, 01:45 PM
Yay! Tester!

In my opinion,you should add spellbooks for items for the mod. When a wizard possesses a certain spellbook,the effectiveness of a group of spells(or just one) goes up.

I.E. A Spellbook of Negativity would add 1d6 to Negative Energy spells.
A Spellbook of Fire would add 1d6 to spells that deal fire-based damage ONLY. No Flamestrike.
A Spellbook of Blaze would add 2d6 instead.
A Spellbook of Hellfire would add...you get the pattern.
A Spellbook of Demonfire would add 1d6 and -2 Dex damage.
A Spellbook of Winter would add -4 Dex damage to all cold spells.
A Spellbook of Undeath would increase the effectiveness of undead summons so they're actually worthwhile.
A Spellbook of Breach adds +2 to your spell penetration check.

Of course,you can only have 1 book at a time. You can think of more obviously.

Fighters and other non-magical classes could have access to special gems. Of course,they're INFINITELY more expensive than a regular scroll,but the gem allows you to cast a spell like a wizard...without the spell failure. With the right pricing,no one will whine about PK spam...because everyone has death warded.

If you're gonna make it CEP,get the Dragon Disciple pack so that I can finally be a blue dragon disciple. PH34R T3H L1GH7N1NG!

And that's all my input.

Halfwingseen
11-18-2005, 03:28 PM
Hm good ideas on all of them but with my summons im boosting those babies personally.. making them summon custom guys and pale masters will be able to summon a dracolich if they went wizard and a Zombie Golem ( which i will make think a giant meat shield that attacks with huge damage but no spells ) if a sorc also thinking about making summon V from bear to golem

*to make JYAP drool*
Book of Tricks Allows toggle invisibility basically stealth for those without training

JYAP
11-18-2005, 04:17 PM
(burns Book of Tricks)
Hell no.

Maybe redesign it so Summon Creature summons golems only?

Halfwingseen
11-18-2005, 07:05 PM
maybe heh