Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
The worst encounter with a noob you've had in Eternal War [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : The worst encounter with a noob you've had in Eternal War

JYAP
09-20-2005, 05:11 PM
Go ahead,discuss it.

Mine was today. Some noob wanted to spam Stunning Fist. Eventually Vesin got annoyed and brought out his 20 wiz. I followed suit with Rain. Turns out,not only did that noob turn out to be Cara Colds,ganger,spamzoid, and nooblar supreme,but Dwarf O' Devastation and Beth Arndon were lurking about for a opportunity like this. We ended up getting ganged horribly. Morons couldn't fight fair at all. It was irritating. How did these nooblars get so high in the first place?

On a side note,Beth got served serveral times. His poor Con<Scythe crit.

And yes,Drow Dumbass who believes in wasting levels just to get a certain skill does count as a noob.

WNxGoRule
09-21-2005, 10:46 AM
dude i hate that kind of S*** and i HATE NOOBS!!! imma find eternal war start a new character and show these noobs what an ass kikn really is ... NOW the question is ... is true sight nerfed to alow for sneakers to have a chance? and if so then Tek will be my character of choice and if he by some chance wont work out to well then i will be making my str character who is able to hit around 70 ab with +5 gear (and ill give him dev crit(if its allowed) for an extra kik in the ass).. and if dev crit wont work then ill just make him str based and pull off lots of dmg.. oh and btw I HATE NOOBS!!!!! i so got your back on this JYAP

Protoss119
09-21-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm sorry, JYAP. I had no idea that happened, or else I would have gotten my Caradril and kicked arse.

Tips that don't help against CSers:

1.Get listen/spot. And waste precious skill points in your class skills? I THINK NOT!

2.Make a character that does well against them. Unfortunately, not everyone is going to fill that very last character slot they've been saving for the best build with an anti-CSer character.

A good idea would be to make...a monk archer (favorably an elf as they get Active Search Mode) with Zen Archery, for they get Listen/Spot as a class skill and are able to compete with CSers on equal terms. Meaning, you can still keep shooting a CSer after it retreats. However, the best way to get rid of them is to stop doing it if you are one and get others to stop because nothing they say is going to rid the game of the fact that CSing is abusing a bug.

Almuric
09-21-2005, 03:23 PM
What does CSer stand for?

JYAP
09-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Cornersneaking. And True Sight only spots invis,not stealth. Traps don't count towards exp though. Good to see you support me.

Maybe we could form some sort of anti-noob coalition with a well-rounded team to kill anything,even other nooblar highbies.

WNxGoRule
09-22-2005, 10:14 AM
dude count me in ^_^

Halfwingseen
09-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Guys you need a good anti CS build *cough* here it is:
Race: Elfness
Class: 13 ranger then 7 wep master
Stats:
Str 10
Dex 18
Con 8
Int: 14
Wis 14
Cha:8

Skills:
Hide/MS
Spot/listen
And Concentration if enough ( i havent tested but on paper its anti CS)
getting finesse wep focus rapier dodge mobility expertise spirnt attack and whirlwind as you go ( in that order )
think good ac good ab okay damage + you get +4 to spot/listen normally and +4 MORE vs ur favored enemy so think 12+8 at lvl 7 without items thats roughly 3 more than the max hide you get at lvl 7 WITH items instaspot + duel weilded rapiers and hide/ms of your own kills those csers
^_^ thats your build guys ( btw this buidl works good vs mages aaaaaaand str fighters once u get grease to slow em down and kd em )
**edit**
oh erm its 10+2+8+2 sorry messed up so 5 mre than max hide +2 + 2 for int and wis + 8 for racial stuffs and +10 for skill points

JYAP
09-22-2005, 01:29 PM
So we have the anti-sneak build,the anti-low-con build(See:Rain Mirnimane)...anti mage? Anti-shield-fighter? We get those,we can kill anyone except Halfwing on a good day.

Protoss119
09-22-2005, 01:45 PM
I is ins, toos.

~loads Metroid gun~

Almuric
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Thnx for the explanation. Guess we avoid most of the really crappy players on EB. :D

Halfwingseen
09-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Damn right anyone but me ^_^

JYAP
09-22-2005, 06:39 PM
I've sparked a new rebellion against the dark denizens of Eternal War! Onwards, fellow noobslayers!

Protoss119
09-23-2005, 01:11 PM
~fires 150 metroids in one round at enemy noobs and nooblars~

Noobs:HAX! ~energy is sucked out of them by metroids~

JYAP
09-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey,me and Dredoc are actually gonna go to Bioware about this CSing business. Drow Dumbass and the others are getting too annoying. Anyone care to support us?

WNxGoRule
09-26-2005, 09:30 AM
just a lil info

corner sneaking is not really a bug ... if you are following a rogue down a street and he notices you once he turns that corner he will hide and let you pass or attack you from behind...

the thing is is that it is just a skill that is abused A LOT!!!!!!!!!! now im not trying to defend anyone who spams CS but just wanted to give you a heads up as to what bioware might say about this

other than that you guys have my full and utmost support

Keep on Rok'n
Timmy

Protoss119
09-26-2005, 05:21 PM
Ah, I didn't see that. Sooner or later, though, every build in Eternal will be a sneaker/CSer. It's repettitive and annoying, I tell you.

JYAP
09-26-2005, 06:43 PM
Oh well. Rain is level 20, and Drow has made himself look bad by claiming all non-spotting builds are shit. Idiot.

Protoss119
10-07-2005, 03:55 AM
I is ins, toos.

I do not know how to stop this.

EDIT: Not by me. I don't even know what he's talking about...?

JYAP
10-07-2005, 05:43 AM
(marks for deletion)
Pathetic. Simply pathetic of you, needle495.

Protoss119
10-08-2005, 10:21 AM
Indeed - It's not as if everyone NEEDS Listen/Spot for a good build. It's nice to have around, but it's not a requirement.

JYAP
10-08-2005, 10:38 AM
Well,DD hasn't been around. Now we have to contend with Grom Hellscream,a complete cursing hypocrite who says the DM sucks balls. He's a ANNOYING AS HELL 15 half-orc scythe build. Complete moron.

However,because of him,I discovered DR gear on Rain>AC gear on Rain.

JYAP
10-09-2005, 07:22 AM
Ahhh! The gangers! They're overwhelming!

No,really,it seems now every noob needs to gang people. So tiring.

Protoss119
10-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Indeed...why go out of your way to get better AC when you can just negate the damage with DR? Of course, it depends on the quality of the DR...you wouldn't want +1 Soak 5 Damage when you're L20.

Also, I haven't been ganged as much as I used to, but you're right, it seems as if a fair fight is a sin to them.

JYAP
10-09-2005, 07:36 PM
Even more annoying are the highbies lurking about for something like this to happen so they can disrupt justice. -_-;;;

Dweia
10-11-2005, 12:55 AM
Complain complain complain.

It's not a 1v1 pvp arena, it's team pvp.

That means they have every right to gang you, just as you have every right to gang them.

You know, generally, I've found with people who complain about cs'ers, the majority of them, most of them only start complaining after their own cs'ers get their asses kicked, so they think it's unfair that their cs'ers die easily, while this other guy's (a complete n00b of course) does really well.

I have only every been called a noob after I had been playing long enough to know how to play well, and by people who were not that good who had been playing less than me...well, one exception.

JYAP
10-11-2005, 03:32 AM
Respect for Dweia has dropped 5 points.

It's not team pvp if 4 scythe fighters attack your lone archer whose teammates are getting their asses kicked by other goons. It's ganging. Team pvp is when a archer,fighter,and cleric take on a monk,a druid,and a barbarian. The sides have to be even or close to even. And actually,Hail kicks insane amounts of ass and he's a sneaker(and spotter).

Protoss119
10-11-2005, 01:10 PM
And if we're complaining, we're doing it for good reason...and we wouldn't if no one was ganging/CSing.

JYAP
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
There's alot of classes without Spot as a class skill. Listen is useless without its companion skill,so CSers ARE a big deal. Plus with idiots like DD on the loose,Eternal is starting to fall apart.

This is why I want to be a DM. Noob population would drop by 1000%. No,more is not merrier. Quite the contrary really. I prefer it when the population in Eternal is currently 8-10 people. Less ganging.

Dweia
10-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Either listen or spot lets you see sneakers, you don't need to beat their checks on both.

Listen: every personal initiative combat round, 30' radius including, fairly sure, just around corners and through 'thin' walls. listen+d20+modifiers vs ms+modifiers. Holding still provides +5 listen, moving provides -5 ms. I think a check is also made when entering detect mode. Also, when a creature is heard you are still flankable by them, but not completely flat-footed. The difference between standing there when a sneak attacks you, and being in the middle of attacking someone else. Class skill for most classes.

Spot: Check made when person enters a...30'?, some radius, around self, every personal initiative round, and whenever they enter your los e.g. from around a corner. Cannot see creatures outside of direct los, so even small differences in altitude can be enough to hide in due to the way los is implemented. Class skill for fewer classes
Spot+d20+modifiers vs Hide+modifiers. Light provides a penalty to hide, dunno how it's calculated, you get a bonus to spot when facing the sneaker.

Some guy did a great big test of all these things, posted up what he found on the BW forums a while back. Also, there's a bunch more things that affect hide/spot/ms/listen, possibly, though I'm really not sure, armour.

Either listen or spot can be used, each has pros or cons, only one is needed to see them.

Also, just out of curiosity, how many of you have played a cs'er? And how many of you are good at cs'ing?

You know what this reminds me of? The AR forums when it was in its downward spiral, everyone complaining about everything, especially cs'ing, running and ganging. And all of it pretty much was people complaining about what they couldn't kill, rather than doing anything about it.
So then people complained, anytime complaining got something changed, people figured that they should complain about their next pet peeve, and try to get their favourite classes upped, etc, etc, until Jano got fed up and killed the mod.

Anyway, 4 scythe fighters are ganging you? Get a sneak, I'm willing to bet they don't have that good spot/listen. Pick them off one by one. Get a mage, nothing like some hold person, or reflex save damage spells on their low fort, low reflex fighters.

And of course, 4 anything against 1 anything, if the 1 beats them, then something is wrong. If you and some teammates are having fun beating up on some other guy would you stand back and get two teammates to stand back and just stand there doing nothing, possibly watching your teammate die, giving points to the other team, and decreasing your xp.

Also, 8 people in a server. 3 will be afk, 1 will be a highbie with noone his level. 1-2 will be lowbies who can't do anything. 1 will be a complainer of some description, 1 will be someone who wants to play for a bit, but isn't that good so get fed up and leaves if they lose too much, 0-.98 is randomly chosen from the above list. .01 will be a player like you're looking for, who wantes 1v1 fights, will stand back from any other fights people are involved in, and will probably get yelled at a whole lot by his team, and .01 will be a dm, possibly dropping the noob population from x down to -9x.

JYAP
10-13-2005, 04:27 AM
Dredoc,he's crossing over to the dark side!

I'll concede listen/spot. I never knew that.

I played a CSer. I have two actually. And I'm quite good at it.

Erm,4 scythe fighters are going to find a way to spam KD on your sneak. And 4 is too many for a mage to fry. He holds 1,3 charge at him. He holds 2,he's on the ground getting raped. And the 1 needs to be the best PM build of all time to live,regardless of opposition level. Even a level 7 crit hits for 60+ damage.

As for the AFK point...you win. Bloody bastards. The highbie can always switch if he's bored,the lowbies are cannon fodder for your lowbies,the leaver needs to be shot in the head,and I take offense at the complainer remark.

Anyhow,DD=DEFEATED. Now we have Syrius the deathlogger. Suggestions?

Protoss119
10-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Well, that's the thing. We CAN'T do anything about it.

Felonious Monk
10-19-2005, 06:45 PM
Corner sneak abuse is cheap and wrong because it abuses the same flawed stealth system that gets HiPS banned in most servers. That said, sometimes it's the only thing a lone stealther can do to survive against opponents with superior melee prowess and HP. Corner sneaking isn't a crime, abusing it is. You wanna fix it? Script a timer that keeps people from leaving and entering stealth mode more than once every round or two. Leave stealth mode to attack and you can't enter it again for a predetermined amount of time. Naturally, the time that would be required would have to be balanced between monks/archers and rogues, but it's a start.

JYAP
10-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Well,we can take a old version of Eternal War and revamp it so it looks barely recognizable yet playable.

In fact,we're doing it right now. Today Song Bird just redid Castle Blood. :D

Protoss119
11-19-2005, 07:48 AM
I have good news to report!

First off, I have PRC. You can't imagine what opportunities it will give me - Sooo many prestige classes... I have a Heartwarder, a Disciple of Dispater/Blackguard, and a Legendary Dreadnought in the docking bay.

Second, I've found a way to kill CSers. Here's the plan:

1. Go into stealth mode and wait for the CSer to attack someone.
2. When he/she/it/pie does, fire at will with a ranged weapon of some sort.
3. When she retreats, go back into stealth mode and repeat.

Since Rangers will probably have high Hide, they will be most effective. I owned Sylyca using this trick. Of course, Sylyca being the absolute WORST CSer...

JYAP
11-19-2005, 08:34 PM
PRC=Devil's classes. If he were in the game he'd use one of those imbalanced boomsticks to slay everyone. He'd probably be a Red Wizard of Thay in Necromancy,then zap everyone with FoD.

That plan only works on stupid sneaks. Plus,if someone from the other team sees you,game over.

Protoss119
11-20-2005, 05:31 AM
That being said, you'd probably see a tempest ripping peeps to shreds with his many attacks...that's why EW doesn't support PRC.

I highly doubt it only works on "stupid sneaks"...but yeah, you're right. Of course, not all fighters are going to have the brain for spot, but CSers themselves will. But hey, if I were a CSer (which I'm not), would I go for that Near Death guy or go for that guy who's trying to kill me?

Last, but not least, our smart sneak, Drow...Archer (yes, I've respect due to him/her as he/she abandoned CSing for the time being) is pretty gone, so there will be more room for stupid sneaks like...meh, you get it.

Halfwingseen
11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
*sigh* you guys want an anti CS build...
Rangers and druids are the masters.... inheirent Spot and Listen + bonuses + if elf a bigger bonus And Wisdom adding to the skills + spells that help if druid. Sells for druid very nice combat stats for ranger hide for ranger as well so you can see and not be seen these classes are made for this but people cant adjust them to other means though druid can be tanks with buffs and shapes. as well as crafty casters and rangers are possibly the highest Ab class there is along with getting the HIGHEST spot when elf + 4 for elf + 2 for ranger + 4 against otehr race + 3ish for wisdom and its a class skill.. lets add um... + 1 for a high wisdom above 16 and + 10 for lvl 7.. thats 24 spot and probably around 24 listen without items.. the highest hide without items i can see is

+5 for dex + 2 for halfling + 10 for skill and + 3 for nighttime bonuses ( yes these exist but not in interior areas ) so thats 20... items can bring up to lets go hgih and say 28 at lvl 7. spot can go up to at least 30 withitems so seeing in no contest if you try

im sorry for typos but thats my 2 1/2 cents

Felonious Monk
11-25-2005, 03:57 PM
I'm assuming the spell True Seeing has been nerfed there? And shifters too?

Dweia
11-26-2005, 05:15 AM
*sigh* you guys want an anti CS build...
Rangers and druids are the masters.... inheirent Spot and Listen + bonuses + if elf a bigger bonus And Wisdom adding to the skills + spells that help if druid. Sells for druid very nice combat stats for ranger hide for ranger as well so you can see and not be seen these classes are made for this but people cant adjust them to other means though druid can be tanks with buffs and shapes. as well as crafty casters and rangers are possibly the highest Ab class there is along with getting the HIGHEST spot when elf + 4 for elf + 2 for ranger + 4 against otehr race + 3ish for wisdom and its a class skill.. lets add um... + 1 for a high wisdom above 16 and + 10 for lvl 7.. thats 24 spot and probably around 24 listen without items.. the highest hide without items i can see is

+5 for dex + 2 for halfling + 10 for skill and + 3 for nighttime bonuses ( yes these exist but not in interior areas ) so thats 20... items can bring up to lets go hgih and say 28 at lvl 7. spot can go up to at least 30 withitems so seeing in no contest if you try

im sorry for typos but thats my 2 1/2 cents

Favoured enemy only gives a bonus to listen, not spot. Even with a greater spot/listen you can still be cs'd because of the delay. Halfling gets +2 ms, but no bonus to hide, you left out spells, ranger/druid gets camo/mass camo, not sure how it's been nerfed on there if at all. Elf gets +2 spot/listen, not +4. Ranger gets no bonus to spot/listen other than favoured enemy giving +listen, and you left out feats, with skill focus, stealthy, alertness, etc you can get higher.

I might come back and add in more later if I can be bothered, but I'm supposed to be on 'holiday' in germany now so...

JYAP
11-26-2005, 06:11 AM
True Seeing is indeed nerfed. And shifters aren't effective there. Haven't checked how they were nerfed,but they're not effective.

Oh,multiclassing Monk disables Haste.

Protoss119
06-02-2006, 02:22 PM
I have good news to report! I have discovered the new location of the Eternal War website.

www.eternalwars.i65.org

Course, we'll have to create new accounts to get in there, but if we do, we can report these bastard CSers and put an end to this crisis.

JYAP
06-02-2006, 04:09 PM
No point. According to Halfwing,the server is on its plummet to hell. Get this: True Seeing now negates concealment. And Bigby's DC has been nerfed to 1xcast level. So at most it's 20. Gee,which of your competitors will have a fort save below 20 that you want disabled ASAP? Combined with +5 weapons in store and 1 damage shield only,mages are now teh suck. It's pitiful...

Protoss119
06-02-2006, 07:57 PM
Seriously. For all I care, we could just let it rot in hell. Course, all my mages sucked in the first place, so...

JYAP
07-01-2006, 06:07 AM
Well,it's not your fault. While it's hard to goof up mages and raw fighters,just look at Vesin. :D

I'm not helping am I?

Protoss119
07-01-2006, 10:14 AM
Bleh. Vesin has to use Bigbies. Speaking of which...

~aims laser at guy who thought of Bigbies~ Wait for it...................

................................Nuclear Launch Detected.

~nukes him~

Happy B-day to me.

JYAP
07-13-2006, 12:33 PM
Really,Bigby isn't so bad. It's the overkilled DC of it that causes so much controversy.

Protoss119
07-16-2006, 10:19 AM
Indeed.

~Zergling comes by, knocks down Bigby's DC really low thanks to its super-rapid attack~

I need StarDraft.

Protoss119
02-15-2007, 01:37 PM
Well,DD hasn't been around. Now we have to contend with Grom Hellscream,a complete cursing hypocrite who says the DM sucks balls. He's a ANNOYING AS HELL 15 half-orc scythe build. Complete moron.

However,because of him,I discovered DR gear on Rain>AC gear on Rain.

Ironically, this Grom Hellscream's a WCIII fanatic. We could have recruited him to our cause, but it's unlikely he would join us.

And Grom's right: The DM DOES...what he said. He doesn't do crap about the CSers; in fact, Red Mage now hates you with a passion. I feel an invasion of the site is in order.