Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
phpBB Forums = Pain [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : phpBB Forums = Pain

Almuric
09-15-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm so sick of the jerks registering just to advertise their stupid websites. I've been thinking of converting these forums over to IPB. Havent decided yet, just giving a heads up in case you guys see it happen one day.

JYAP
09-15-2005, 03:21 PM
IDEA

Make a report every time some jerk registers to advert and I'll make up a funny way to kill him.

Almuric
09-16-2005, 03:17 PM
While that may be really fun for you....it doesnt solve my problem. :razz:

JYAP
09-16-2005, 08:08 PM
Meh. I dunno how to solve your problem. But you can still do my suggestion.

Almuric
09-17-2005, 07:37 AM
Well, if I load better forum software the jerks that dont validate their email end up in a holding queue that autodeletes after a couple of days. I wouldnt have to do it manually.

Halfwingseen
09-22-2005, 12:22 PM
could you make it for ( a slight bit of work for ya but i guess nothing can be helped either way ) perhaps prevent guests from posting in general and just give peopel who validated the email the ability to post mak all forums requiring priviliges and give thse tha valid only the privilige ( might work neh )

JYAP
09-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Dredoc would have your head for that. I still stand by my method...(insert random goofy video game character laugh here)

(but preferably Fawful from Mario and Luigi:Superstar Saga,you fink rats)

Almuric
09-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Only one forum is open for random guest posting. I might consider turning it off if I upgrade to a different forum software.