Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
This just in:Shifters can now Hide in Plain Sight! [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : This just in:Shifters can now Hide in Plain Sight!

JYAP
07-15-2005, 10:20 AM
Yes,it's true,the Kobold Commando has HiPS,giving the sneaky shifters a distinct advantage over rogues in sneaking. Plus it's hellish to kill a kobold that keeps sneaking off.

Felonious Monk
07-15-2005, 09:55 PM
This just in: They've always been able to! If people abuse it, get rid of it. Until then, I find that it helps to humble those punks that like to corner sneak.

A side note for rogue shifters: the sneak attack damage you get from the KC doesn't stack with rogue sneak attack damage.

JYAP
07-16-2005, 07:07 AM
Of course it wouldn't. But still,if someone realizes kobolds have HiPS,they could just sneak attack,walk away,hide,repeat. Other guy has no chance.

And why would I use kobold for my rogue sneak attack? I'd use something like minotaur instead.

Halfwingseen
07-17-2005, 04:47 PM
Jyap :( hehe i only HiPS when im near death to run away or if someone claims shifters cant do a damn thing woot to my kick ass shifter but...sadly *cries* i crashed in shifted form and hes stuck out of the server now due to invailad skills ( dont pick on my spelling im horrible at it ) *sigh* i will remake heh he kills for his lvl 15 46 ac 23 ab nothing to be pproud on compared to better ac and ab with other builds but hey i think its good for a shifter + stoneskin and resist elements a kobold can tank it out

Felonious Monk
07-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Of course it wouldn't. But still,if someone realizes kobolds have HiPS,they could just sneak attack,walk away,hide,repeat. Other guy has no chance.

And why would I use kobold for my rogue sneak attack? I'd use something like minotaur instead.

Ah, but did you know that it does stack with assassin and blackguard sneak attacks? And minotaur shape blows.

I don't think advertising it is going to help keep it a secret. ;)

JYAP
07-17-2005, 08:15 PM
Oh well. So many other guys to use...no loss here. :D
(all other chars are missing)
Huh? Where'd they...
(sees Bodom's finger smoking)

Halfwingseen
07-17-2005, 08:16 PM
yea so what hehe um me and rock waiting >.< -.-

Protoss119
04-09-2006, 11:30 AM
Again, I know how to fix this problem. Make two new swords for the kobolds, each with the same properties that the original kobold swords had minus the HiPS bonus feat. Then, go in polymorph.2da with notepad and take both tags. When you see something like it_crewpsword or something, replace that with the new sword you made.

I don't think this will work as well as the Lizardfolk Problem, since I haven't found out the exact tags of the kobold swords or, for that matter, the location of the kobold polymorph trigger.

Felonious Monk
04-09-2006, 05:36 PM
x2_it_crewpkobsw
x2_it_crewpkobs2

Polymorph trigger?

Protoss119
04-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Where to find the location of the tags for the kobold swords, I mean.

Thanks for pointing out the tags, though.

Felonious Monk
04-09-2006, 08:11 PM
No problem. For some reason they have the shapes listed as POLYMORPH_TYPE_KOBOLD_ASSASSIN and POLYMORPH_TYPE_KOBOLD_ASSASSIN_EPIC. Looking at the file I notice that there is a line for a mithral golem polymorph effect... and that the "natural" AC bonus is 30.

Protoss119
04-09-2006, 08:17 PM
WHOAH. Well, that seems to be something else that needs to be fixed...

Halfwingseen
04-11-2006, 09:03 PM
lol nah not really wit the construct shaped ur shield and items dont meld only ur boots and armor
also youll find that shape loses attacks

also your signature offends me.... as a white person plotting to kill our president it offends me greatly

( hehe just kidding FBI...DONT HURT ME )

Felonious Monk
04-11-2006, 11:40 PM
It isn't really a problem as A) you can't polymorph into a mithral golem anyway and B) the AC cap is 20, so that's all you would get. I just thought it a bit odd that BW would even put something like that in there.

Also, only shield, helmet, and armor meld into construct shapes, they don't lose any attacks (they gain them if you have monk levels), and I think it should be pretty obvious that Darths Vader, Maul, and Sidious were all born before John Wilkes Booth. In a galaxy far, far away, no less.

Protoss119
04-12-2006, 10:28 AM
Behind the Scenes, though...

Halfwingseen
04-16-2006, 01:00 PM
[QUOTE=Felonious Monk]It isn't really a problem as A) you can't polymorph into a mithral golem anyway and B) the AC cap is 20, so that's all you would get. I just thought it a bit odd that BW would even put something like that in there. [QUOTE]

Guess again!
im pretty swure the natural ac bonus is like the pale master or RDD's natural ac bonus thus its not the same natural ac bonus that spells and amulets provide
also construct shape its a epic shifter feat it has flesh stone mithril. i dunno if any others guy those 3 for sure

also you do lose an attack haste wont transfer from boots at least for me

Felonious Monk
04-16-2006, 06:56 PM
Guess again! It's actually a Dodge bonus to AC, meaning it stacks with other Dodge bonuses but still hits the cap at 20. The 3 epic construct shapes are demonflesh, stone, and iron.

You lose the Haste from boots because only armor, helmets, and shields merge in construct shape (except for iron golems which also merge ammys, cloaks, boots, and rings). Robes of the Dark Moon or a helm or shield with Haste on it will allow you to be hasted in any form.