Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /var/www/trogworld.com/public_html/forums/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Is there something wrong with my guy? [Archive] - TrogWorld

PDA

View Full Version : Is there something wrong with my guy?

JYAP
07-09-2005, 02:04 PM
I mean Harner. Y'know,about yay high,red armor,katana? I don't think I made him right,he seems pretty wimpy. Here,I can recall his starting attributes:

Str:18
Dex:13
Con:The rest of the points
Int:13
Wis:8
Cha:8

He's human,and all other points go into Str. For some freakish reason I lose to chars with high AC,even though my AB is like 30. Help?

What,you want feats too? NO WAY! I'm not gonna remember every feat he took!

Felonious Monk
07-09-2005, 08:40 PM
As I see it, you have low HP (only 12 CON) and most players at Harner's level will be having 50+ AC. Harner relies on hitting people to win, and if he can't hit anyone he gets screwed. It pretty much becomes a war of attrition, and if the other guy has regen, he wins. That's the problem with weapon masters: they can't diversify. The crap Will save (only 5 at level 20) doesn't help.

JYAP
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
But the HP doesn't come into factor usually. Harner's at 20,where there's rarely any competition. And I know my will save is crap,but I'm not bitching about it. I'll just swap some gear around and drop AC for will save. I'm wondering how level 18s can topple me even though I have a huge AB.

The funny thing will be if my nuke-o-riffic cleric hits epic before Harner. Talk about your wasted noobs.

Felonious Monk
07-09-2005, 09:23 PM
I'm wondering how level 18s can topple me even though I have a huge AB.

Because the gear at level 18 is the same as level 20. The 2 level difference only gives you 24 HP (slightly more with CON boosting items), 2 AB, and some negligible increases in saves and skills.

Just what kinds of builds are you fighting against?

JYAP
07-10-2005, 05:10 AM
Mostly DDs and WMs that use shields. Anything that uses 2 hands is dead. Usually I can KD rogues,so they're no problem. So that would leave run-n-gun archers and mages. Actually,scratch that first one,I'd just report them. Anyways,damage shields can't dole out enough if their user's SS/GSS/Prem gives out or gets overloaded.

Felonious Monk
07-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Well, DDs obviously get that nice DR to give them an advantage over you while other WMs are probably going to be in the same boat. I really can't see a mage ever losing unless he's outnumbered. At level 20, a fighter/DD/WM is going to have about the same AB (maybe 1 less, depending on the weapon), better saves, 3/- or 6/- DR, and much more HPs than Harner. My level 16 paladin has something like 33 or 34 AB fully buffed.

JYAP
07-10-2005, 03:11 PM
Hmm...tis the price I pay for being human...I should make a DD/Pally/WM! Yeah,then I get the best of both worlds,with the damage reduction,the buffs,and later on,the criticals. Problem is WM needs to be level 7 to be decent,yet DD's reduction requires a high level as well. And we can't forget the mandatory pally levels...

Felonious Monk
07-10-2005, 09:40 PM
Not only that, but you would need high STR (for AB/dmg), CON (for the extra 9/- DR), WIS (for pally buffs), DEX (at least 13), and INT (at least 13). In order to put Divine Might and Divine Shield to effective use you would need a decent CHA as well, but dwarves get a penalty.

Want to win? Make a shifter.

JYAP
07-11-2005, 08:46 AM
(slaps monk)
Fine,I'll make a shifter...
(reads shifter guide on GameFAQs)

Felonious Monk
07-11-2005, 08:30 PM
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This should be good.

JYAP
07-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Well,I've read it. I plan to go rogue after leveling...if I can. Amusingly,when I made my shifter,about 3 people came with their shifters. Kinda funny seeing a bunch of monsters brawl it out.

Felonious Monk
07-12-2005, 07:51 PM
A rogue shifter, eh? This I gotta see.

JYAP
07-13-2005, 02:52 PM
I doubt my shifter-building skills. I probably won't even make level 16. It would be funny seeing a minotaur getting sneak attacks...

Dweia
07-21-2005, 06:34 AM
Especially as mino keeps dex unchanged, so you can load up on dex for ac, epic dodge, whatever, and not have it all go to waste :)

JYAP
07-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Ehhhhh,NOW she tells me!
:-(

On a side note,quit playing Guild Wars long enough to help script for this server. You got the spawns?

Dweia
07-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Give me something to script and I will then :)

Sent the monster spawn scripts to Al, and haven't heard anything about them not working yet, so I'm guessing they're lost in the void of cyber-communication.

And also...
*cough*isaguy*cough cough*

JYAP
07-22-2005, 08:36 PM
Ok then,see the What would you like? topic for things to script. Al said they were good ideas. :D

Dweia
07-25-2005, 03:41 AM
Forgot about that lol.

It's the post just under this one ><